How do you want Kamen Rider Taisen to end?

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet

Who do you want to win?

Heisei Riders
65%
Showa Riders
35%

Total votes: 92
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: How do you want Kamen Rider Taisen to end?

Post by jolly_old_saint »

In a fight? I think the side with time travel, super speed, and that one guy who already killed every single showa rider would win (are you all just better than me at blocking that movie from memory?). But this ain't wrestling and the young blood doesn't need putting over like this. So I vote for golden age superman. I mean team showa. The one or two showa guys that will show up, anyway.
silver arrow
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: All of them :3
Favorite Band: The Black Mages
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: One Piece

Post by silver arrow »

They'll be hard pressed to defeat Ichigo. He's a shining example of a Kamen Rider.

I expect Heisei to win the vote, but it doesn't really matter since they're just gonna team up to fight some bad guys in the end anyway.
Henshin a go go baby!
-Joe
hisakuya
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral

Post by hisakuya »

Showa will win no matter what. Remember a lot of Showa riders stats are godly. Super -1 can easily solo any Heisiei riser even at their Ultimate form. Black and Black RX is invincible under the sun.
thehao
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by thehao »

i thinks that may be this movie will gave us more info about Decade ( yes i love Decade so what :P ) or Narutaki but this won't be his last.
Well the Showa rider is something i'm not too familiar with (i only watch KR , and play KRV3 on ps1, KR climax heroes on PsP) but i think they will win :mrgreen:. BTW srr for my bad engrish :lol:.
Infinius
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Dreamy: Akiba Yellow
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi
Favorite Band: Flyleaf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Post by Infinius »

I think it is interesting that there is less than 1,000 votes separating the two.

I'ma little biased. My friend got me in with Kabuto and Den-O, and the oldest ENTIRE series I have seen is Ruyki. (waiting patiently for Kuuga and Agito to finish)

Heisei FTW
patashinka
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by patashinka »

It's interesting how Heisei Rider went up percentage wise. Few days ago, Showa was leading pretty significantly. I'm guessing international voters contributing to Heisei. If it was just Japan, I would think Showa would win, popularity wise due to nostalgia and fan service for the hardcore fans. Then again, fan girls would probably vote for Heisei. If they announced Hiro and Takeru would make a cameo, I'm sure the result would be heavily skewed towards Heisei. :D

Stats and versus wise, Showa win hands down. They are cyborgs. They can eliminate all the Heisei pretty boys even in human form, while the Heisei boys are fiddling with their over-complicated belt gizmos (exception would be Kuuga and Agito). The only weakness of Showa riders is the need for higher elevation to transform. :D As long as the heisei boys can keep the fight on flat land, they might have a chance.
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

patashinka wrote:It's interesting how Heisei Rider went up percentage wise. Few days ago, Showa was leading pretty significantly. I'm guessing international voters contributing to Heisei. If it was just Japan, I would think Showa would win, popularity wise due to nostalgia and fan service for the hardcore fans. Then again, fan girls would probably vote for Heisei. If they announced Hiro and Takeru would make a cameo, I'm sure the result would be heavily skewed towards Heisei. :D

Other non-Japanese viewers need to learn Showa Rider appreciation IMO.

I would admit with pride that I look up to the older Riders/Rangers as important to the series and extremely important staples of the franchise, and would snap up any piece of Showa Kamen Rider or pre-Saban Super Sentai that becomes available as well as anything with those heroes in it.

Plus while not Japanese I like the grand "a single warrior stands against the oppression of the whole world and has sacrificed his human form to do so" angle in which any cost was infinitely superior to freedom ceasing to exist and the heroes didn't need all those fancy cards and buttons and over 9000 forms, gadgets, and weapons.

I may be biased but with those old franchises I tend to look to the past of it first, THEN the present and future when entering them. Another franchise I entered that way was Doctor Who, in which I DELIBERATELY avoided watching full episodes of Eccleston or Tennant until I had watched a few Tom Baker stories. :)
The fun has been doubled.

SaviorDragonFTW
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: When legends become legendary, it's time for a new legend to be made.

Post by SaviorDragonFTW »

Tsukino Ko'uma wrote:
patashinka wrote:It's interesting how Heisei Rider went up percentage wise. Few days ago, Showa was leading pretty significantly. I'm guessing international voters contributing to Heisei. If it was just Japan, I would think Showa would win, popularity wise due to nostalgia and fan service for the hardcore fans. Then again, fan girls would probably vote for Heisei. If they announced Hiro and Takeru would make a cameo, I'm sure the result would be heavily skewed towards Heisei. :D

Other non-Japanese viewers need to learn Showa Rider appreciation IMO.

I would admit with pride that I look up to the older Riders/Rangers as important to the series and extremely important staples of the franchise, and would snap up any piece of Showa Kamen Rider or pre-Saban Super Sentai that becomes available as well as anything with those heroes in it.
It's not that I don't appreciate the old stuff. Without them, there would be no other series. But for me to base my vote solely on that idea is uninspired.

I feel that the Hesei Riders have earned their scars and their place among the Showa Riders in their own way. In my eyes, the Heisei Riders beating the Showa Riders isn't to prove they are superior, but to show everyone that even the Heisei Riders are just as good as the Showa Riders. Let's face it, everyone's going to love the Showa Riders either because they were the first or they had the better stats, whatever. But I feel that the Heisei winning would let everyone see that both eras are equally awesome.

I love the classics, but its time to give the new generation their props.
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

Good point. I suppose it COULD look like the Heisei Riders were babies in comparison if they lost...

Still couldn't bring myself to vote against the originals though. I'll probably be happy just to see another thing with the originals even if it was only their suits and voice artists impersonating them.
The fun has been doubled.

SaviorDragonFTW
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: When legends become legendary, it's time for a new legend to be made.

Post by SaviorDragonFTW »

Well, as I predicted, the Showa Riders are winning in the actual polls. Just yesterday the Heisei were leading by one percent and now the Showa's have almost 230,000 votes over the Heisei, making the statistics 41/59. Like I said, I expect them to win despite my reasons that they shouldn't win.
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

Not enough votes for Showa Riders
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Though, last I checked Showa seemed to be winning by a healthy margin
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
TheXev
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki

Post by TheXev »

I am late to this argument, but I am voting for the showa riders for a few reasons.

Reason #1 - Showa era Riders do not seem as selfish. They always sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the world, where hensei Riders normally fight for their own goals. I really should sit down and watch more showa series, as Kamen Rider Black is the only one I have even started.

Reason #2 - Some Riders are born ultimate. Perhaps the last one of this type was Kuuga (if you exclude that crap with him becoming ultimate in Decade). If you want to draw a real line between the showa and hensei Riders, Kuuga would really be the last from this standpoint. I can't really tell if he fought for his own goals because I haven't seen enough of Kuuga to have that opinion... :/

To me, hensei Riders almost seem wimpy in comparison, because they need some sort of added power to overcome adversity. I think the only exception to this feeling I have is with Kamen Rider Blade.
Spoiler
To me, he sacrificed his humanity for the greater good of mankind and to save his friend (the conviction that he could do both and not one or the other), and in doing so he ascended to a "beyond ultimate" status. In this sense he overcame the limits of his own soul to become something even greater then ultimate at the end of the series.

If I was going to pick a neutral ending to this movie, I'd put Blade in the middle, stopping everyone (because I cannot fathom any Rider being above him in terms of power and convictions).

Still, I'll pick the showa Riders over the hensei every day simply because they are born ultimate and will fight to the death for humanity with their selflessness.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

A new wrinkle has been added. Depending on who wins, their side's ED song will be played. Showa will be Dragon Road 2014 sung by Kushida Akira while Heisei will be Mission Complete by the Kamen Rider Girls.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

All interest in Heisei winning has ended. Showa and Kushida Akira FTW!

Return to “Kamen Rider”