Dreamy: Sakuta Ryusei
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: Arashi!!!
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ryusei/Tomoko

Re: Ryuki Blu-rays

Post by silentstar01 »

Sooooooo excited about this!!!! ::flails::

AND! The DVDs are released on my birthday. Happy Early Birthday Present to me! :)
Visit my tumblr.....

http://akinosora01.tumblr.com/

Image "I will decide your fate!"
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

For a moment, I thought the front post was news about Kamen Rider Dragon Knight finally getting a Dvd/Bluray release. D:

...So if you're going to do the blu-rays of Ryuki... that'd be a good way for me to get the series again and rewatch it... since if I get impatient I can just download the dvd subs you did. :3

...But I dunno, I'd rather you guys do Blu Rays of Blade first since I feel like that series needs it more.

Though I don't really follow the DVD/Blu-Ray releases of these series, so I don't know what's out and what's not.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Blade isn't out on Blu-Ray yet so who knows if and when it will come out.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Phoenix512 wrote:OOO was the first one for KR and Gokaiger was the first for Sentai and any series came after them is in Blu-Ray.

W recently was released in Blu-Ray along with Faiz and Shinkenger.

Decade still hasn't been released on Blu-Ray.
Decade will be I guess, because the Shinkenger set includes the Decade crossover in full HD.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

At least the Blu-ray stuff will include a bunch of shows that are well known to us. They'll probably only cover Heisei stuff, most likely 2006 and beyond, with the 5 or so Rider shows in widescreen before they went full HD.

Just 8 series for Rider:
Kuuga
Agito
>Ryuki
>Faiz
Blade
Hibiki - Probably last
Kabuto
Den-O
Kiva
Decade
>W on is on Blu-ray

And just these 4 for Sentai:
Boukenger
GekiRanger
Go-Onger
>Shinkenger
Goseiger
>Gokaiger on is on Blu-ray

I mean it's possible they might start releasing the 4:3 episodes on Blu-ray, but they'll probably do these first.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

They could release most of the SS shows on BD right now. The DVD sets from most of the 80's and 90's are already from remastered transfers. Did they say why Kuuga was shot in HD but then they went with SD randomly with Ryuki Faiz and Hibiki etc.? That seems really odd. I would of thought they just shot the series in SD from Kuuga till Hibiki. Since the transfers on DVD were so bad on a lot of them. They didn't look like they where from a HD/film source (besides the movies of course).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think most of them were remastered. DaiRanger and ZyuRanger were. TimeRanger wasn't.

I dunno why. I just know that in the credits for Kuuga there's an HD crew or something.
archer9234
Faiz
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I can tell by some of the DVD transfers. The coloring is different from older TV masters I've seen. Plus, normal worn out tape master color bleeding and shadow interference aren't on them. Another thing is if they have a correct 3:2 pull down in the DVDs for 24fps. Timeranger No. Those seasons 2000 up are from SD masters. Anything heavily using CGI like Gaoranger would be SD. I'm guessing seasons from Megaranger through Magiranger would need Star Trek TNG type reediting and effect upscaling. Goranger to at least up to Carranger could have a film master available. Megaranger CGI elements have color issues. Which signals me from that point they started using SD masters on a lot of their things. I also judge this from the fact in the 199 movie. You can tell when SD material was used during the Robo finishers.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Knowing how Faiz went, I doubt Car-Magi and Kuuga-Hibiki will get TNG remasters. I'm glad these series are getting Blu releases, and I hope the transfers are not horribly fuzzy. Still good news in either case.

While we're on the subject: how does the Faiz Blus look? I'm not expecting new subs and not owning the DVDs makes it clear what I'll get. I'm just curious on what to expect. Thanks to anyone who can help.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

It's weird to me the order they're choosing to release them on Bluray... it seems..... just inanely haphazard.
Like they're spinning a wheel on who gets to be Bluray'd next.

BUT... Oh well. Ryuki was really fun!
Even if everyone hated it at first for changing things up....

It's weird in retrospect how influential Ryuki was on the franchise... even though at the time it was "blasphemy"...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=222

It was like that with their Sentai releases as well. For the most part, it seemed like they hit fan favorites first. For a while the Sentai series were released in the order of newest, then oldest, then next newest, then next oldest, probably to appeal to different generations of fans. So far they've gone W, then Faiz (probably for the 10th anniversary) then Ryuki.

If I had to guess, I'd think they'd do Blade, then Decade next.
archer9234
Faiz

Post by archer9234 »

Monkeyjb1988 wrote:Knowing how Faiz went, I doubt Car-Magi and Kuuga-Hibiki will get TNG remasters. I'm glad these series are getting Blu releases, and I hope the transfers are not horribly fuzzy. Still good news in either case.

While we're on the subject: how does the Faiz Blus look? I'm not expecting new subs and not owning the DVDs makes it clear what I'll get. I'm just curious on what to expect. Thanks to anyone who can help.
With Agito-Hibiki they can't do TNG style remastering (assuming the credits saying Kugga was shot in HD is true). They weren't shot on film or HD cams. Only SD cams. They would only be able to do 1080p upscales. Just like Doctor Who Seasons 1-4 BD sets. And Ryuki's BD set now.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

According to the Ryuki Blu-Ray link, it was voted by the fans who picked up the Faiz Blu-Ray sets for the next series to be done on Blu-Ray.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

archer9234 wrote:
Monkeyjb1988 wrote:Knowing how Faiz went, I doubt Car-Magi and Kuuga-Hibiki will get TNG remasters. I'm glad these series are getting Blu releases, and I hope the transfers are not horribly fuzzy. Still good news in either case.

With Agito-Hibiki they can't do TNG style remastering (assuming the credits saying Kugga was shot in HD is true). They weren't shot on film or HD cams. Only SD cams. They would only be able to do 1080p upscales. Just like Doctor Who Seasons 1-4 BD sets. And Ryuki's BD set now.
I downloaded episode 30 of both Faiz and Ryuki to see. You were right. I can tell when something originated on film or video and Ryuki and Faiz were video. Don't get me wrong, the cinematography was nice by Rider standards (and the stories and acting make them series I want to see), it's just the format wasn't what I expected. (I do think the filmed/HD videoed series look better)

I never thought you were lying, I swear: I'm also a Star Trek fan and for the longest time, fans assumed that TNG was shot in SD and would only get an up scaled Blu release. Spoiler alert: except for about a and half across 5 seasons, the Blus looked gorgeous. (I'm going by reviews; I only have the sampler).

You were right and I made the assumption based on Super Sentai (I know that's film; I watched that longer than Kamen Rider, starting with Decade, so that's how I made the mistake). There is a plus side to me getting schooled :); it's that Car-Magi could still get TNG remasters. I'm still somewhat doubtful, but knowing Toei couldn't make a true HD Ryuki and Faiz if they wanted (short of remaking them) means there's a chance for the series it's possible with.

One more plus: at least Agito-Hibiki have theatrical movies on Blu-Ray. :)

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”