So... genki guys/girls... don't translate in adaptation?

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

So... genki guys/girls... don't translate in adaptation?

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

So... as anyone who watched Samurai Sentai Shinkenger would know... Shinkengold embraced life to the fullest... over everything.

Every. Little Thing.

In ways that rival Pinkie Pie from MLP.

But in Power Rangers Samurai his counterpart acted kinda like him, after 4 or 5 Ritalins. Bo-ring!

Imagine how the kids would take to a ranger with so much energy and who embraced life THAT much. That he emotes and gestures and you can literally feel emotion from EACH WORD when something affects him.
The fun has been doubled.

locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: So... genki guys/girls... don't translate in adaptation?

Post by locuas »

In my opinion, Samurai is a bad example of a power ranger series. the dialogue is very bad and in my opinion, that series was trying to play it safe(not to mention they had little time between recovering PR and shooting Samurai, but that is another discussion). In other words, it is just a bad power ranger series. RPM, on the other hand, has a more alive cast compared to Samurai.

i think they were trying to make Antonio like Genta but going with a dfferent angle like they did with Deker and Dayu(and i admit, i liked them better than the shinkenger version). Personally, i liked the change from sushi to fishing and how they changed his perosnality at the start. if the rest of samurai had been like that, i think it could have been a better series than it ended being(also, they made Daigoyo silent, that is a plus with me...)
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Re: So... genki guys/girls... don't translate in adaptation?

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

Good point. I'd just like to see Power Rangers other than Justin who had Genta/Pinkie Pie's enthusiasm toward even the tiniest things with the same amount of energy that they have withOUT Attention Deficit Disorder and/or 3 energy drinks running through their systems.

Kids would love a Ranger with that kind of personality IMO.
The fun has been doubled.

Return to “Americanized stuff”