Zero Black Blood 02 released

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Zero Black Blood 02 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Zero_02

The lesson we learn here is ignore your phone while driving or some white dude will come and take you to be food for his community.

I didn't have a problem with Yuna in the previous episode but this episode made me noticed some annoying things. The outfit she wears looks like she's too big for it around the shoulder area. For someone who had the blade for two years, she didn't look someone who could use it with decent skill.

I still feel women can use Makai Blades without being inserted a bone from their dead father's arm to use it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Zero Black Blood 02 released

Post by takenoko »

But women are weak!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's implied that it takes a shit tonne of training for someone to wield Soul Metal, which in the sexist Makai Community means nobody would train a woman to do so.

I didn't know that Makai Priests had to purify their bodies with alcohol! Sweet!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Because you know Kain is such a reliable source of information XD
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I can't believe we're still doing the "but girls can't fight!" storyline in the year 2014.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It's not that girls can't fight, it's that they can't use Soul Metal. I think we never saw a woman use Soul Metal so far, but we don't know if Rekka's dagger is just normal metal or Soul Metal. And since Knight use armors, and those armor are Soul Metal, woman wouldn't be able to use the Knight's gear.

Maybe it has something to do with the Y chromosome, that make the body make something that allow the user to use Soul Metal, or the X chromosome got a recessive gene that, instead, make the body produce something that prevent the use of Soul Metal.

Maybe they don't even know why, but it's just like that.

That's for the in-universe reason, for the out-universe reason, it's probably has something to do with the fact that when thinking or saying Knight, you think immediately of male Knight. I don't know any feminine word for Knight either, on the contrary of Priest/Priestess. Does Knightess even exist (as a word I mean)?
Or maybe they just wanted to have legs.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Generally I hear "lady knight". Technically the female equivalent of the rank of knight is "dame" but that's a different story. Knights are stereotypically male because, let's face it, if you didn't have a white penis in that era you were basically a second class citizen. Historical female knights like Joan of Arc are just called knights because they didn't have any other word.

Personally I think the "no female knights" thing is pretty sexist. I think this is the first time we've heard definitively there's no female Makai Knights? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've seen Red Requiem and I can't remember the reason why Rekka can't be a knight. I think it was because the women were more useful as priests than knights and the knights were basically just people who couldn't become priests?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Queens or Priestess aren't second class citizen even though they (supposedly) don't have a penis.

Maybe the explanation is in fact something practical, like Soul Metal destroy certain body part, or molecules, that woman have but man don't have. Maybe Soul Metal is teratogenic, or something like that. I just hope they'll at least give us an explanation, since it seems to not be because of they're society, but rather because of Soul Metal itself. We do see humans getting burned when touching the armor (or rather Kouga saying "Do not touch it, you'll end up burned" to Kaoru).

Beside, like said in Tougen No Fue, being a Knight just mean that you can use Soul Metal and wear an heavy armor. It's secondary compared to the most important thing : they're all strong protector, strong by power and spirit. And we do see women fight, even without Soul Metal. Knight are about power, Priest about agility (whatever their gender).

I think you're just being lunatic about it Lunagel. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

While I wouldn't call it sexist, I do agree with Luna. I get that the established mythology is that only men are knights, but that's not a very satisfying explanation just by itself.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It seems that Makai society just doesn't allow women to go on the path of the knight. I get the feeling that being a knight is more important than being a Makai priest. With male priests, it seems to be the case that they are priests only because they couldn't be a knight.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No women knights because they get preggos then take work leave to raise kids.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

It will explain it more on how she can lift the sword later, I'm sure of it.

I like the villain and his plot but if this Ring guy is so formidable why aren't there other knights going after him too? Can't help but if Kouga is possibly still around he would be asked to fight him as well.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i don't think it is "girl's can't be knights!" i think it is "it is physically impossible for a woman in normal circumstances to wield soul metal the same way a man can't get pregnant". that is what i got from the episode. Rei and SIlva are surprised that she can use the sword at all, so it is not something that should normally be possible. it's not that it is forbidden, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a girl to be a makai knight under normal circumstances, the same way it is impossible for a normal perosn to fly in normal circumstances. it is not something that they don't allow, it is something that they know for a fact cannot happen because there is something in the male body that let's them transform and that is supposed to be the explanation as to why she put her father's bone in her arm. or that is what i understood.

but why exactly is it not possible for girls to be knights? what is the reason for it? is the energy in their bodies not compatible with soul metal? and if they can't be knights, is there a makai area where they exceed at? maybe if they said only girls can be makai priests(as in the only ones able to use the brushes) it wouldn't bother me as much, but then the movie and second season show male makai priests able to do the same things as the girls.

I personally tought Rekka's character arc was that, while she wanted to be a knight, she was better off as a makai priest, since that was also what Kouga told Leo at the end of makai Senki. but now they are honestly surprised by a girl able to use sould metal, why?

Also, i just noticed, Ring's back look like wings.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Phoenix512 wrote:It seems that Makai society just doesn't allow women to go on the path of the knight. I get the feeling that being a knight is more important than being a Makai priest. With male priests, it seems to be the case that they are priests only because they couldn't be a knight.
It's possible the male couldn't be a knight or just maybe better as a Priest.
Spoiler
Leo was better as a priest than a knight, if you ask me. But he's probably a special case considering his story.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

She can barely use the sword and she is not even good with it. It is like claymore or bastard sword for her and she have to put great effort for any single slash...

Women can't be Makai knights and men can't create soul metal... it is probably simple as that.
Final Vent!

Return to “Zero -Black Blood-”