Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_01

Title means "Flower of the Makai".

It's been a while since I saw Daruma's actor in a show (I don't watch that many dramas anymore). Pretty cool to see him again.

You can definitely see that Raiga is a lot more emotional than his father from the get go.

Good action, great filming. Love the monster design. Feels like the main story has a good setup. I have a good feeling about this series.

Oh yeah, and the timer is back! Yay!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 01 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

*heart beats*

I agree... i love it if this is Saejima Raiga's adventure. But I thinks Raiga's action is much better than his father.
takenoko wrote:Oh yeah, and the timer is back! Yay!
You mean Madou koku 魔導刻 Madou Timer... still starting at 99.9 seconds as always.

XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Lets not forget the opening phrase is also back, man, it was good to hear those lines when timing this ep

Seeing the counter was good as well, gave it a classic feel to it, also the pendulum training room was also a nice throw back to the first season.

A pretty good start to the series.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

In a lot of respects, this felt more like Garo than anything since Beast of the White Knight. The little details make all the difference - the opening spiel, the Timer, the training room...and who can forget Gonza? I’d love to know exactly how many generations of the Saejima family he’s served, because it feels like he’s immortal.

As for the new stuff - I thought it was a smart decision to limit the new character introductions to just Raiga and Mayuri. For as much as he fights like his father, Raiga clearly gets his temperament from his mother. His smile kills me. First impressions are so critical, and Raiga definitely has captured my heart.

I like Mayuri as well. I’m not at all surprised that she’s considered to be a Madou Tool rather than a Priestess or plain ol’ person, but I’m glad they didn’t drag that plot point out.

Azdab was lots of fun. His tricks while in human form resulted in a couple cool special effects (the giant goldfish was neat, although the guy’s eyes popping out like a fish was a bit creepy), and his Horror form was just as unique. It struck a good balance. I was a little confused about the flashes of the security guard right after the stone slab broke apart. Were those flashbacks, showing that the security guard had killed someone in the past, or glimpses of what Azdab intended to do once he replaced the guard?

I typically prefer upbeat ending themes, but that song at the end was beautiful. Very pretty karaoke effects as well.

I thought I’d be hard to please after the disappointment that Black Blood turned out to be, but I’m optimistic after watching this premiere.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

Behold the power of Father Amemiya when he is the director of the episode! You can feel the difference!

My interpretation of the flashback was that the guard did kill someone, hence his susceptibility to being possessed by a Horror. (A nice change back considering Yami's setup)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I know a lot of people liked it but I really didn't feel like YwTm really captured the spirit of Garo. Just too much changed and I know I keep harping on this, but if you're going to have a tokusatsu series, I want to see a real suit and not just CGI.

Makai no Hana feels like a real return to form. Raiga isn't just a clone of Kouga, he's got a clear personality of his own, distinct from either of his parents. The effects are pretty, the Horror is creepy, and oh man is the opening theme kickass. I wasn't really excited for this series but after the first episode I am seriously pumped.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I know a lot of people liked it
Who are you talking about in particular? Most people I know agree it wasn't very good.

You can tell that Raiga is the son of Kaoru and Kouga. He is badass like is dad, but still seems kind like his mother (dat smile).

Fucking loving his swordplay. That shit he does with the scabbard is sweet. You can tell this guy is a badass when Gonza tells him to tone it down with the pendulums.

Also, GARO's eyes are Blue now, instead of green like in previous seasons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Doesn't it depend on the user? It was red for Taiga. I forget what it was in Yami wo Terasu Mono
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

In Yami, I think it was orange.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Mandalori wrote:In Yami, I think it was orange.
Yup.
Spoiler

I'm looking forward to the series. Like everyone is saying it's good to see a Garo that feels like classic Garo.
Kamen_Spider
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: "Now, count up your sins!" ~ W

Post by Kamen_Spider »

This is great! So far.

I see many viewers spotted the difference in Raiga compared to his father, so I won't mention them. Just that I like the change. Kouga took time to grow on me. But Raiga, is interesting from the get go. And is just me, or is Raiga way better at hand-to-hand combat then his father?

Gonza is quite mysterious now. Does he not age? He served Kouga's father too. Maybe longer. Is it possible he's not Human?

And the mansion is back. I wonder how they made it so close to the original. Lol. I know someone will argue they production team are lazy, and just want to use the old sets. But I like to imagine the ridiculous notion that Kouga wanted to build a new mansion. One that matched the original exactly, brick for brick. All the same furniture (or close to), where he last saw them. It would take someone with serious OCD and the original mansion blueprints to pull it off. But judging from this episode, someone did. At least, that's my rationalization for the mansion in this episode.

Mayuri seems alright. She's cute at least. ^.^

Strange to read comments that dislike Yami. What I appreciated most about Yami was how different it was. I don't want every Garo series to be the similar. The only major fault I have with it, is that they could have done the final fight better. I expected Makai Senki level final battle. But admittedly, Makai Senki set the bar high for final fights. There were other minor faults I had with it, but I can find problems with any story. So whatevs. It's still a Garo series I really enjoyed.

Well, each to their own. There hasn't been a Garo season I've hated. Though, Zero: Black Blood is the worst I've seen.

But I'm stoked to see more Maki no Hana. I hope it turns out to be awesome! ^.^ Hopefully, it'll be the best Garo series yet.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I'm still want to believe the show is about this guy.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

I already love it!

Noone can replace Kouga because he had the whole package but Raiga being the son of both Kouga and Kaoru he definitely displays different qualities of both at different occasions. Kaoru when he's dealing with good people but Kouga when he has a mission and its time to fight.

He does seem more crafty and possibly more skilled than Kouga though. I love the way he fights already. That part where he 180 flips and then unsheaths his sword and slices the horror then flips the sheath back on was something I've never seen or thought possible. Straight up badass.

What's not to love. Good plot, good characters, good horrors, good fighting, and good acting. They use suits for everything so far which is a huge plus for me.

Also as much as I miss Kouga and Kaoru so damn much. It might be better if there is no conclusion on where they are. For if there is then that's that with their characters quite possibly so let's leave their characters alone until they could possibly use them for something in the future. Crossing my fingers. Same goes for Rei, Rekka, and Jabi.

Still even without them I love this new cast and story. Really excited about this season!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote:Doesn't it depend on the user? It was red for Taiga. I forget what it was in Yami wo Terasu Mono
Okay. Never noticed until now. Maybe because the blue stands out a bit on the gold.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://mega.co.nz/#!RR1XRLhb!jSU3h4L6S ... yGIRX44EBI

Someone said the quality of the HD version wasn't very good, so I tried bumping up the size of the file to 600 mb. Someone check it out and let me know if it's worth releasing

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”