Such a fruit
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Gaim 25 released

Post by CeronosLive »

Just watch Gridon actually be one of the most powerful riders in the series. xD

I liked this episode as not only did it give a chance to let Gridon and Bravo shine without being the asshole villains, but it seems like Bravo is probably going to stop being an annoyance and hopefully get caught up with what's going on. I just hope they start giving them more of a chance to start shining because with Oren's background it'd seem like such of a waste of a character if they don't do anything with him.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... I, am so glad, that Oren finally got clued in, and had the brains to wonder "...Then what IS going on?". And while the major focus was on Gridon, the stuff that wasn't such as Ryoma being set up as an insane Hojo scientist even further was nice. And as others have said before, I am so glad we got a nearly straight comedy episode after so long. Dark oppressive hopelessness only really works when you're not expecting it every second.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Don't forget, while Sagara likes to appear to be not choosing any sides. It's clear that he favors Kouta for the simple fact that his vision of the future is much more absurd than anyone else's.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

samelf wrote:didnt he go to the forest once all ready so why is he so surprised?
Looking back, it make sense for Oren to not know much about the forest. He had only been in it once, and that was with a bike. In his time there he never did encounter an Inves, he was too busy fighting Baron, then afterward knocked out by Zangetsu.

This should be his first full experience. As if the Inves isn't bad enough, there's Overlords now to watch out for.

And if Oren forgot to bring his belt or bike lock, he's pretty much in trouble.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

TokuCasual wrote:And if Oren forgot to bring his belt or bike lock, he's pretty much in trouble.
He's a rider. Short of it being knocked out of his hand on screen, it's safe to assume that he's always got his belt on him. The bike... maybe, maybe not.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

doubt they'll kill oren just right there. :twisted:

love the shot of 3 finishing moves at the start. I wonder how Sid, youko and Ryouma will fight it out among themselves for the forbidden fruit.

- absolutely love this series. the writing, the cinematography, actors etc. I'm sure Gaim will be at the top few favorites. It's been quite a while since kamen rider have such huge success.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ugg, Oren episodes have been driving me up a wall lately and this one was just as bad. There is good comedy relief and bad comedy relief, and he decidedly falls under the "bad" umbrella.:|
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Dengar wrote:Don't forget, while Sagara likes to appear to be not choosing any sides. It's clear that he favors Kouta for the simple fact that his vision of the future is much more absurd than anyone else's.
Flashback to Dishonored right now

That was a better filler than a lot of filler episodes. It was genuinely good, if you ask me.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

TokuCasual wrote:
And if Oren forgot to bring his belt or bike lock, he's pretty much in trouble.
One thing I've learned from watching many seasons of Kamen Rider is you don't have to BRING your belt, it just magically appears in you hand when you need it.
Tigerjoe
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Tigerjoe »

Hmm. So the main macguffin here is the 'forbidden fruit', 'the apple of eden', which is said to have the power to evolve a species, possibly recreating the world in its own image. That's what DJ Sagara keep hinting at as 'being chosen by the forest'. He's basically testing their resolve, to see how bad they really want power. He took a special interest in Kouta because the forest maiden (Other Mai) seem to show genuine concern over his safety and appear to him the most. This could mean that possessing The Fruit is not necessarily be such a good thing. I suspect that DJ Sagara may have existed long before the civilization in Helheim forest got swallowed by the Inves plants. Maybe he was a previous winner of The Fruit? Kouta may be special because he's the only one who doesn't want power, he just need it. Other Mai look a lot like Mai, may be connected to the fact that Mai and her family was the guardian priestess of the sacred tree that Yggdrasil cut down. She may be the key to stop the cracks, but I'm guessing it won't be without sacrifice.

Oh hi, I was a lurker in the forums :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Welcome!

I don't know, to me it seems like DJ Sagara is setting up all these teams to go after the forbidden fruit. And while they're busy fighting each other, he'll probably just sneak in and take it for himself.

He calls himself the audience, but I think the only thing he's looking for is an opportunity.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

takenoko wrote:I don't know, to me it seems like DJ Sagara is setting up all these teams to go after the forbidden fruit. And while they're busy fighting each other, he'll probably just sneak in and take it for himself.
Assuming that he hasn't eaten a forbidden fruit and is immortal already.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

my Theory is that dj sagra came through with the seed that made the scared tree. Remember it was the only seed to come through at the tiem it was all ready stated as being a little odd for the forest.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Like I said before... Sagara might be a bad guy. He wasn't choosing any sides
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

don't think he's that bad, if not Alt.Mai won't hang out with him.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”