2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 03 released

Post by MadCow »

This is the second time Mayuri's just gone stalking Horrors with no plan, no backup. Not sure what to think about that... but I do love Raiga's swordplay in this episode. Pity it was just a mediocre fight; Succubus seemed strong at first with Raiga's blade unable to cut her chains... then it's "Ryuga transforms and kills horror in one shot to save on budget" all over again.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

takenoko wrote:No, Shou was the victim.

Erina is played by Saeki Hinako who was Misa the Dark Angel/ Ekoeko Azarak.
[ Image ]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130650/
Notably, Garuma in season 1 was played by Yoshino Kimika who played Misa Kuroi in the first two movies of the series. (And thanks to a comment about Misa in wizard, I get the full meaning of the pun in her name: Black Ritual.)

Anyway, I really liked this episode. It was as Lungel put it, great atmosphere. I thought it was visually rich and I thought the flower/mannequin art was interesting. You could look at that stuff in a positive way and picture those flower displays as something more faerie-like, like nature spirits taking on human form. Sort of like the Welsh myth of Blodeuwedd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blodeuwedd) who frankly would have been a better name than Succubus.

By the way, is Makai no Hana referring to the progeny of the makai bloodline or is it just demon flower? I guess it's a question about which spelling/meaning of Makai is in the title - demon suppressing commander or netherworld?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it was revealed her name is actually Garmr:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garmr

It's based on yet another hell dog, this time from a nordic origin. The individual parts spell out Kerberos/Cerberus the dog of hell from Greek myth.

Makai basically means Underworld/Realm of Demons.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

I liked the new idea they added, the horror left her in control of her body and mind, since she was already. ..evil
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Nice to see Shou be a regular girl and be sacrificed in this episode. She is pretty to look at. I kinda didn't like this episode though for some reason. I was watching it but was not into it. I still like the dark atmosphere this show continues to portray. And we got to look at that Horror suit for not even a minute. That sucked.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

takenoko wrote:I think it was revealed her name is actually Garmr:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garmr

It's based on yet another hell dog, this time from a nordic origin. The individual parts spell out Kerberos/Cerberus the dog of hell from Greek myth.

Makai basically means Underworld/Realm of Demons.
Well the name Garm/Garuma/whatever's been spelled differently in a few places (including other series reference to the same Nordic dog) and that was the one I remembered.

As to makai I specifically remember asking you about it a couple years back, I think when S1 was getting the DVD treatment, and you said that the makai in makai knight was spelled in such a way it meant 'demon commander/suppressor' and the makai used to refer to the dimension meant underworld/netherworld.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think the kanji for makai is something like "demon/magic" and "commandment". But working on other Amemiya works, I've grown accustomed to his wordplay. Nowadays, I disregard his puns since they often are irrelevant.

In this case, Makai is world of demons, and the Makai Knights are the ones who draw their power from it and fight those demons. This is further reenforced by the term Jinkai which means "world of humans".

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”