Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 10 released

Post by takenoko »

Nah, I don't think so. I think Mayuri is more reacting to the fact that Gonza did something nice for her. I don't think the bowl is enchanted beyond the ink fish.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

As much as I want it to happen, it doesn't look like there will be any appearances by characters from the older series/movies. They probably won't even mention them.

Generally I prefer a franchise to be world-building and constantly referencing old events, places and persons, but I guess they opted to be entirely new-viewer friendly and just tease long-time Garo fans.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This episode was rather refreshing in the sense that the slab Horror was for lack of better words, swatted like a fly off screen and put more attention on Gonza. Gonza is a really good character.

He's served the Saejima family for 3 generations, so he has a lot of experience dealing with the Makai, be it the bearers of the Title of GARO, their guests who range from Makai Knights to Makai Priests, but he can't seem to handle the Watchdogs' messengers? That was rather funny, especially Raiga's reaction to the appearance of the little guy. What kind of demon is he suppose to be homage to? If anything, I think I'll just call him the Skull Kid, creepy enough to be him if he spooks Gonza.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't remember if they've said its name before, but the little messenger thing is called Meme (pronounced mei-mei).
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

AxemYellow wrote:As much as I want it to happen, it doesn't look like there will be any appearances by characters from the older series/movies. They probably won't even mention them.

Generally I prefer a franchise to be world-building and constantly referencing old events, places and persons, but I guess they opted to be entirely new-viewer friendly and just tease long-time Garo fans.
You don't have to do an obvious reference to do a reference, and in this season we've had a lot of references to previous seasons.

It's like in Tougen no fue, when Rekka and Jabi use techniques of Rei and Tsubasa. They don't say their names, but there is no need to say them, the reference is there.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Really good episode and you can see why is Gonza trying his best to make every single moment for Raiga and Mayuri a nice moment. He served 3 generations but he also lost 2 masters and looks like he knows that eventually something is going to happen to Raiga and Mayuri too so he is trying his best to make them happy....
Final Vent!
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

AxemYellow wrote:As much as I want it to happen, it doesn't look like there will be any appearances by characters from the older series/movies. They probably won't even mention them.

I disagree. They've been referencing them frequently. Also, I doubt the writers would have introduced the idea of Kaoru and Kouga mysteriously disappearing unless they planned to do something with it.

Since the gift was from a famous Makai Priest who was a friend of Kouga's, I doubt it was Anna, a character we've never seen before. It could almost be any of the others from past series, although Leo and Jabi are probably the most well-known. It could also possibly be Rekka, although she's slightly less likely to be considered as famous as Leo or Jabi since those two were specifically mentioned as well-known when they were introduced, IIRC. (Leo definitely was, Jabi, I'm not quite so sure about)

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”