Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 18 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_18

Man, I want to make so many animated gifs for this week's episode. Maybe I will later.

Poor Crow, he's always so ineffective. It must be pretty emasculating to be in this series. In that sense, Bikuu is just what we need. She's strong, she doesn't get knocked out in one hit, and it's a little more interesting when a Makai Priest fights. The brush and spells thing is a perfect complement to the swordsman.

I wish Izumo had just had a zombie face or some light makeup to show decay. His monster face was pretty goofy (kind of made him look like Garrus from Mass Effect). Since this guy was a strong character, it would have made more sense if he looked more human, since he should have been able to fight off the effect of the Horror possession. Like that samurai guy from Makai Senki was a total badass. Just my personal opinion on the matter.

Poor Mayuri, Jiiru didn't even address you. Why did she even show up to that meeting.

Poor Zero, always with the wrong timing. That commercial for your Blu-ray series would have fit a lot better last week during his guest appearance.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 18 released

Post by XIII »

A good fun ep, Crow does seem to be kind of useless, do feel it would be better if he was more like Zero in how he acts or was just a bit more assertive, to me he could just go away and the story wouldn't loose anything

Bikuu seems like an interesting addition to the team, strong and fights well, much like Jabi did. And damit, why does she and Mayuri have to sound the same when doing the timing
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:I wish Izumo had just had a zombie face or some light makeup to show decay.
I got the impression they were trying to save money by not having an actor's face appear since the few shots we got of Izumo as a human were completely shadowed.

Makai no Hana has had more than its fair share of misses, but this was the second episode in a row that I enjoyed. I king of wish we had been introduced to Bikuu earlier. I was intrigued by the way she treated Mayuri. All of the characters, even Raiga, are guilty of determining their treatment of Mayuri based on where they think she falls in the human/tool dichotomy. Bikuu sidestepped that debate entirely and explicitly demonstrated that she respected Mayuri based on her skills. It was a nice change of pace.

I'm awfully suspicious of those lingering shots on Crow's face during the discussion of the power of Eiris's flower to bring back the dead. We still haven't met Crow's mentor, have we?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I enjoyed Bikuu a lot from seeing her in this episode. They're probably going to bring her back later on in the show. It's sad how she had to see her brother die at least show some emotion. After that scene with the myth how Eiris can bring back the dead and seeing how they zoomed in on his face it makes me doubt him. Overall, it was a good episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's a good point PHurricane. I think part of the reason Bikuu is so different is because she's essentially an outcast within the Makai community. She works alone and no one likes her, in this secret society that's already small and isolated. Maybe she sympathizes with Mayuri who is an outcast in a different way.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Seriously, where was the dude who directed this episode the entire time?! These is the type of episodes we need. Now I feel like I'm back to watching MAKAI SENKI-quality episodes which is awesome. And I've been wondering when they'll introduce a new Makai Priest becoming part of the cast 'cause that seems to be a recurring thing throughout all the series and we finally get it. Give us more canon episodes like this! Makes it seem like all the previous episodes were a complete waste of time, lol.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

So Bikuu is a Makai Inquisitor... interesting. She really should have been introduced many episodes ago. It's like they completely forgot a Shadowy Figure(tm) broke the seal way back when until she brought it back up.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I can't be the only one who notice Bikuu's leather nipple bra.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

we are in the home stretch of series and only now do they remember the breaking of Eiris's seal. I agree with Alessar that Bikuu should have been introduced much earlier in the series. one thing that bugs me is the "fight" between Raiga and Bikuu, was that intended to be a mental fight?
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Alessar wrote:So Bikuu is a Makai Inquisitor...
Why do you call her an inquisitor? The kanji for her title, karishi 狩師 would be more akin to "master hunter" or just hunter as we used in our subs.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No one expects the Makai Inquisition!
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

takenoko wrote:That's a good point PHurricane. I think part of the reason Bikuu is so different is because she's essentially an outcast within the Makai community. She works alone and no one likes her, in this secret society that's already small and isolated. Maybe she sympathizes with Mayuri who is an outcast in a different way.
Her entry puts her as a makai priest who hunts rogue priests and knights. Imagine a cop whose duty is to investigate other cops and bring errant ones to justice. Everyone's going to be afraid or at least wary of him, because they know their actions are constantly being monitored.

Wonder what her role will be. Jabi also appeared for like just 2 episodes in the first Garo series, but strangely became very popular (at least popular enough to merit a resurrection in the TV movie).
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Crow just suddenly seems interested in this new girl. I hope they don't force this at all...
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Phoenix512 wrote:I can't be the only one who notice Bikuu's leather nipple bra.
I haven't seen nipples like those since... Bat-nipples! :lol:
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

It gives me the impression that Crow is a rookieMakai Kishi, i think they might get more out of that character, and put it in more action scenes, but there is also something that intrigues me, it seems to me that is mysterious or perhaps hiding something...
That Bikuu has been forced to kill his brother as well, ufff... this girl takes seriously her job, not even a tear
at the end appears a Makai hoshi companion for Raiga that was what he needed to be complete, I hope that we see her agian
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”