Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Garo Makai no Hana 21 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_21

It's a less good episode.

That Horror (has Eiris's seed) is a Makai Knight two times in a row. One slab Horror to go.

Raiga gets rage mode when he fights Gogeet. I thought Raiga turns into a Dark Knight... thank goodness.
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 21 released

Post by takenoko »

Another episode where the Horror appears to have some depth, but nope, you've been tricked.

I'm noticing this pattern a lot with Umeda Sumiko's episodes. She also wrote the wind chime episode and the co-wrote the bug woman episode with Amemiya. As well as the recent music guy episode. No offense to her, but her episodes tend to come out as being boring. It's not interesting to have a story follow Horrors, because they're two dimensional monsters. So this recipe of "Gasp, maybe he's retained some of his interesting humanity. Nope, fooled you, he's just a monster that was lying all along." You've done it twice before, and here's a third one that follows that formula. That's getting super old and annoying.

Now, with all that said, at least the conductor Horror was kind of interesting. Because the Horror itself was manic and kind of fun. Plus he had a genuine interest in music. He wasn't just trying to play on Raiga and the viewer's sympathies only to pull the same dumb trick at the end.

Also she wrote the episode where Mayuri is tempted by a female Horror, and Shidou comes and helps out.

So if she writes for future seasons of Garo, let's hope they're more like the latter examples than the former ones.

Also there's plot in this episode apparently. I guess that's what happens when you have 4-5 episodes left!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Only thing I liked about this episode was that there is now plot for the damn show and Raiga's fight scene. Still would have liked more Crow scenes :\
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

lol, I wonder how Stealthy McStealth dude managed to follow Raiga and Crow around without being noticed if he had that little chime sound on him as he moved about. Also, cliffhanger Crow-recognizes-the-dude was so forced.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I liked this episode. I was satisfied simply that the Horror was a good fighter. The bit about the image of the girl did seem pointless though.

Actually, i wonder if the girl image was meant as a connection to Mayuri's nature. Raiga is certainly worried about what will happen to her when she seals Eiris. To others (even to herself in the past?) Mayuri is just a tool, not really a person, but Raiga and friends don't see her that way.

I do think that the Horror had developed feelings for Ai despite her not being real.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

AND Crow plays the same I have no family many makai have had before and adds on friends to make him sound Emo.

That aside, holy man don't piss of Raiga. Makes me wonder what is going to happen when Mayuri's fate is revealed. THey tell him it is not his concern so you know it's not going to be good.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I feel like Mayuri is going to turn into Eiris, making her become the final villain. But anyway, you know it's starting to get hype once you've actually heard someone say, "Makai no hana", lol.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Victormaru wrote:I feel like Mayuri is going to turn into Eiris, making her become the final villain. But anyway, you know it's starting to get hype once you've actually heard someone say, "Makai no hana", lol.
I'm thinking that because the Horror said that Mayuri is too small a vessel that might turn into Mayuri becoming a vessel for Eiris.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Thought the makai knight was another barago in the making, given the way he consumed that first horror. Shame. :p
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

:lol: ... At first glance I thought Jack Moon was joining the Makai world ...
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

Ah finally they start to progress the story,
Still hope crow will do something other than being a sidekick.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Crow gets hit with the jobbing baton again. It was nice to see Raiga go full beat down mode though.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”