Toqger 29 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 29 departing now

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_29

I think we all saw Schwarz's betrayal a mile away.

Didn't realize losing Drill Ressha meant they can't go to any new Shadow Towns. That's a real plot implication!

So I'm glad that Hikari realized he could use Hyper Ressha, but it would have been nice if they acknowledged it a bit? The biggest problem with Hyper Ressha, ironically, is that it LACKS imagination. I don't remember the Boukenger's defender thing, but that at least looked cool, and you had a choice between cement or a drill.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Toqger 29 departing now

Post by Arigomi »

Bottle Shadow had a very interesting design and concept but the name was odd. Are there any problems about calling it Wine Shadow on a show for kids?

I liked how Akira was so focused on watching Schwarz at the restaurant that he almost drank the soy sauce instead of his water.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, maybe it's a linguistic thing? bo-to-ru is probably easier to say than wa-i-n.

I didn't notice that? Is that really a thing. Edit: Oh ha. Good observation.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I haven't been interested in the latest episodes as much. The hyper ressha doesn't make me excited as well either. I don't know about this show it seems bland and it feels like the writers could have done a lot much more.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

OOOKaiser wrote:I haven't been interested in the latest episodes as much. The hyper ressha doesn't make me excited as well either. I don't know about this show it seems bland and it feels like the writers could have done a lot much more.
Agreed. Hyper Ressha still looks goofy, and while the plot is moving along it's doing so somewhat slowly. I'm also really wishing they hadn't telegraphed Schwarz's betrayal so clearly. It removed any doubt of his real plans right from the start.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Hikari using Hyper Ressha just like that was lame. They made a big deal that super Imagination boy Right couldn't used it on his first try but stoic Hikari can. This isn't the first time in the series they done this like with Police Ressha. Have some buildup to it instead of pulling it just because.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

ToQger seems to be more of an up and down type series. After all the climax episodes (Episode 1, 17-18, and 21-23) the series is incredibly boring and tame. There hasn't been, in my opinion, significant character development between the ToQgers, aside from Zalam. Hell, the more interesting story lies with the Shadow Line commanders than it does with the Rainbow Line. It just feels like the majority of this series is filler while we all wait for them to find their town.

Side Note: It's a tad late in the series for this, but I have a question about the translation for the ending lyrics. The final stanza, as translated into Romanji by you, goes 'Aiesou? Noresou? JIRIRI ni machi kirenai yo, but you translate it to English as 'We might see it. We might ride it. I can't wait!' Seeing as there are question marks after Aiesou and Noresou, wouldn't the more accurate translation go 'Will we see it? Will we ride it? I can't wait!' ?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, you're probably right about the ending lyrics. They're just that way since I didn't have the punctuations from the lyrics when I originally translated it. I never updated it since the punctuations in Japanese lyrics rarely make a difference and the current translation seemed fitting enough.

And I'm still really like Toqgers. It's tame for sure, but I really like the individual characters and seeing them interact with each other.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I remember from Dick Tracy that "the Enemy of my Enemy is my Enemy".

There was no reason to trust Schwarz. He even said his motivation was revenge. He had no love for the Toqger and if he did defeat Zett, he would most likely take his place.

Just checking - Mork's headpiece is a wig a noblewoman might wear, right?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm guessing Mork's costume is some kind of hodgepodge of noblewomen's outfits from around the 17th-18th centuries. She's particularly based on Venetian carnival costumes.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

I still stand by the fact the form looks ugly but at the very least the other ToQGers can use it. I just wish there was a little more meat the Schwarz wanting to join the team. I mean we saw Gritta was essentially killed when Zed was reborn into his new form and Schwarz was almost killed by Zed as well.

By the way this is the same user can't seem to remember my damn password and the email that was linked to my old account
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Mork is also partially based off microphones. Her bouffant hair looks like a mesh cage to protect a ribbon mic, and her staff's headpiece actually IS a mic, like old-timey radio announcers might have used.

MORKROPHONE
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's weird. Although it makes sense in her case since she's the voice of the Shadow Line speaker.

I wonder if the other commanders have a secondary motif.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So why is the Drill Ressha so powerful? I thought that he was going to try and steal the Toq 6 changer for an extra boost. This seems kind of silly.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Because it's a powerup for Schwarz's mecha?

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”