Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 25 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_25

What an amazing episode. I'm very satisfied with it since it had everything I wanted.

I'm glad they didn't actually bring back Kouga and Kaoru via Eiris. That was a good feint from the last episode, since that would have been terrible if that was how they went about it.

Turning the Heart Destruction mode into a powerup was a slick move. And activating it with the bell was clever too, since that represents both Mayuri and Akari.

Damn it Crow, couldn't you have put on your armor before Eiji rescued you?

Shouldn't Eiji be in some Makai prison or something?

I like Bikuu's use of the Madou Umbrella. Now why didn't Kain use it that way?

I sort of like the wrap up to Mayuri's ending too. Between choosing to die or have her memory wiped. It's similar to the Zaruba ending in the original Garo though.

I thought Mayuri was on some kind of magic altar or something, but I guess it's just her bed? Why does her bed have a freaking magic circle on it?

This series could really use a movie or something that uses all these characters. Well, except Shidou and Eiji.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 25 released

Post by XIII »

I haven't fully seen it yet aside from timing it, but it was a good episode, the final fight taking up the entire first half of the ep was good, and the small use of dialog during it was nice, put more emphasis on the fight itself.

I do wish Bikuu had been around more, she would have made a nice randomly appearing priest during the series and not limited to the 3 appearances she has had. if they do a movie, hopefully they give her more prominence in it.

I also dont like how they just seem to have forgiven Taishi for his indiscretions, just seems to cheapen the ending slightly given all his bad deeds. If they wanted to redeem him, they should have had him do a self sacrifice to give it a more noble ending
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

That's a good episode! The final battle was so very intense. I also like Bikuu in action during her fight... especially Taishi. I thought he's an enemy but thank goodness.

The epilogue was good and you know why Raiga wants Mayuri to live together. <3
takenoko wrote:I'm glad they didn't actually bring back Kouga and Kaoru via Eiris.
LOL! We'll see them someday.
Azazel wrote:If they do a movie, hopefully they give her more prominence in it.
Yeah.

Overall, the whole series is all too good even for a plot. I wanted to see Raiga and others more even his parents... if Amemiya Keita do another series soon.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:I thought Mayuri was on some kind of magic altar or something, but I guess it's just her bed? Why does her bed have a freaking magic circle on it?
I think it was an altar, and they just moved the special cloth with her when they put her on her bed. Her sheets/blanket were white in previous episodes.

Given the material they had to work with, it was a decent ending. They tried to force a bit too much human vs. CGI enemies at the beginning, which showed in how Crow and Mayuri reacted to the enemies that weren’t actually inserted until post-production.

I liked Bikuu and her parasol. Between her and Noire, parasols/umbrellas are becoming quite the fashionable addition to a warrior’s arsenal this year. However, I was reminded of Mary Poppins during that long-distance shot of Bikuu fighting the Horrors being summoned by Eiris.

Luminous Beast Form...you make good arguments for why it’s a good thing, but my initial reaction was that it was a cop out. There was a reason that ignoring the timer running out was dangerous. I know they’re trying to distinguish Raiga from Kouga, but it feels a little like cheating by having him conquer a weakness that is inherent to every Makai Knight and turn it into additional power.

Raiga’s magical flying powers when he caught Mayuri also bugged me. I’m just going to pretend that one of the Knights cast something to prevent them from crash-landing.

Despite my complaints, I'd watch another series or movie with these characters. Heck, give Bikuu a spin-off movie a la Togen no Fue and I'd watch it. They just need to cut down on the extraneous characters and I think things would go better.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Raiga’s magical flying powers when he caught Mayuri also bugged me. I’m just going to pretend that one of the Knights cast something to prevent them from crash-landing.

Oh yeah, I meant to gripe about that too. The weird thing is, they could have easily just had Raiga catch her, bounce off a building, and then land and it would have been more plausible than levitating light ball out of nowhere.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Overall I enjoyed the show, but strangely enough, I found the stand-alone episodes more appealing than the actual plot.

The horror movies spoof, the one with the girls, the awesome fights of the horror with the little kid... Damn, even the recap was original and interesting.

On the other hand, I think the plot could have been handled better. Eiji, for example, should've appear earlier, so we could connect with him and feel his reasons.

But I still find this show a vast improvement from YWTM, so is well received.

Let's see what happens with the anime, and with the franchise in general, because there is a manga coming (written by Amemiya), the Ryuga movie and who knows what else can they announce in November. They are on fire.

And about this episode, I liked it except for the ending. I mean, at least explain why she didn't lose her memory.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh. I just assumed she did lose her memory, but the viewer is seeing Mayuri after the recovery. It'd be kind of silly if she didn't lose her memory at all after all they said.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Well now that it's over, I was finally able to make a new transformation compilation video with the new Makai Knights from this series added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2MJlVMKWo8
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote:Huh. I just assumed she did lose her memory, but the viewer is seeing Mayuri after the recovery. It'd be kind of silly if she didn't lose her memory at all after all they said.
I understood it the other way because she said "Raiga" and smiled. If she lost her memories, she wouldn't know Raiga's name and she would be totally serious like at the beginning.

When you say after the recovery you mean after they told her everything that happened? It looks like it is the first time she wakes up, but I like your interpretation better XD.

EDIT: Victormaru, great video, but this sunday you're gonna have at least one more transformation to add.
Last edited by Dragonfan on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Episode was nice I suppose. It's nice how Eris plan on spreading horrors through time is fucked up by the fact that every Garo in existence curbstombs them, but oh well.

Series itself though was kind of average. It didn't really pick up until the last few episodes and even then I didn't think that they did it as well as in the first season.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Dragonfan wrote:I understood it the other way because she said "Raiga" and smiled. If she lost her memories, she wouldn't know Raiga's name and she would be totally serious like at the beginning.

EDIT: Victormaru, great video, but this sunday you're gonna have at least one more transformation to add.
The way she smiled made me instantly fall in love with her right then and there. That was way too cute.

What's going on this Sunday?! Is there another episode?!
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

Victormaru wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:I understood it the other way because she said "Raiga" and smiled. If she lost her memories, she wouldn't know Raiga's name and she would be totally serious like at the beginning.

The way she smiled made me instantly fall in love with her right then and there. That was way too cute.

What's going on this Sunday?! Is there another episode?!
About your video,you forget about flash knight lord.
(leo fudo armor)
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Victormaru wrote:What's going on this Sunday?! Is there another episode?!
He is referring to the Garo anime that starts on Friday
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

It was interesting that Raiga was to overcome his lost beast form on his own, but I guess it made sense in a way. In the first Garo series, Kouga willingly entered lost beast form (because he voluntarily stayed in his Armour past the time limit and because he genuinely wanted its strength to defeat his enemies). Raiga was forced into it when Elris drained the remaining time in his Armour, so it figures he would be fighting it more actively.

I dunno, many things in this episode just didn't feel satisfying. Apart from Raiga, the other characters didn't seem to contribute much. TaIshi and Crow didn't fare so well against the lost beast form. Bikuu looked cool flying around with that umbrella of hers, but soon got knocked out as well. And where did Raiga get the ability to enter luminous form for no reason?

Overall, the series didn't feel very satisfying.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

He got it from Akari/Mayuri's bell. Mayuri drops it and it lands on Raiga when he was in Heart Destruction mode.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”