DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Ratings Poll: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Post by DaVinci030 »

Katiana wrote:Loved the tribute episodes and again have to agree that they did what Decade tried to do and failed miserably at but Gokaiger did it perfectly.
Agreed.

I hate to say that almost all of Rider tribute episodes for Decade were FAILURE. I don't see any of the actual Rider actors (except KR Black... and don't tell me about Kiva).

Anyway, I can rewatch the Sentai tribute episodes when I have enough time.

Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

Greatest Sentai of all time.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger is one of my favorite shows in the Super Sentai franchise. With great story line as well as guest appearances from veteran Super Sentai actors, it is no wonder that the show is really an anniversary season for the franchise. Because of the flexibility of the show' itself (story line and universe), it paved the way for genre crossovers (even though Kamen Rider Decade and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger started it) to be a reality where we only dream up before. With their crossovers from their previous 34 Super Sentai teams, crossover themes in the movie became official part of the story line and not an alternate reality mixed up. Because of them, they paved the way for new Super Sentai teams to acknowledge the existence of their Sempai/Senpai tachi.

The show is one hell of a blast. It is the show in which can be used to introduce to the newbies in the Super Sentai culture. 5 out of 5 for me :mrgreen:
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

I liked Gokaiger a lot. I watched every episode and I loved the main cast and how well they played off each other. I loved the character of Gai and how he represented how most (if not all) of us felt when watching the episodes. Music was great, cameos were fantastic and the fight scenes were outstanding.

BUT, the the villains were horrible. HORRIBLE. The Zangyack were a major letdown for the villains in this series. They never were on par with the Gokaigers in terms of skill/strength and it didn't feel like they took the Gokaigers seriously, nor did the Gokaigers take Zangyack too seriously (and deservedly so). Zangyack probably only had power if you consider that their armada could potentially number in the millions, but their MOTWs were okay at best and terrible at worst. Only Basco and Sid/Barizorg were actually relevant imo.

I will say that I skipped most of Goseiger after falling in love with Shinkenger, so going from Gedoshu to Zangyack was a pretty big letdown. (And then Enter rubs more salt in the wound with his excellent performance in Go-Busters).

If the Gokaigers had competent villains throughout the series then it's easily the best Sentai out there and a perfect 5/5. Unfortunately that is not the case so I have to give it a 4.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Who voted 1. Defend yourself.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Defend yourself!
Gokai Green
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Actor?: Ryota Ozawa
Quote: "In order to gain something, you must give something up."- Basco

Post by Gokai Green »

xPrimexTimex wrote: BUT, the the villains were horrible. HORRIBLE. The Zangyack were a major letdown for the villains in this series. They never were on par with the Gokaigers in terms of skill/strength and it didn't feel like they took the Gokaigers seriously, nor did the Gokaigers take Zangyack too seriously (and deservedly so). Zangyack probably only had power if you consider that their armada could potentially number in the millions, but their MOTWs were okay at best and terrible at worst. Only Basco and Sid/Barizorg were actually relevant imo.
I'm probably in the minority but I liked the Zangyack. They wasn't best but they certainly wasn't the worst either. While I wished they was more prominent, I kinda liked that they took a backseat because some of the shows before and after Gokaiger gave to much focus on the villains to the point where they was more developed than some or most of the heroes.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Even without accounting the nostalgia factor, Gokaiger is still pretty much awesome. The whole cast as a group is really interesting and I don't really mind when people said that the cast was just taken straight out of One Piece. Gai is probably a very good 6th Ranger (before his appearance in SHT annoys the crap out of me) where he has all the references towards the past Sentai explained towards us all. Zangyack is probably the most useless baddie (hello.....you got a fleet of army waiting outside Earth, and you just send a group of it to attack? Come On!) but Basco really saved the bad side.

A totally deserved 5. With that said, what happened to AkaRed?
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

gave it a 4. not the most greatest thing as a whole, but compared to previous anniversary series (Liveman, Ohranger, Gaoranger, Boukenger) this is literally the most definitive Toei has to offer. a real, befitting homage to the five (oh, make it six) lively colored soldiers who saved the world from different beast armies year after year, now that would be hard to break.
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
a3s1r
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by a3s1r »

Of course I'm going to say Gokaiger is a solid 5/5 even though it's not my all time fave toku series. It's a series that links every sentai series before and after it AND links the world of sentai solidly to the worlds of Kamen Riders and Metal Heroes, and that makes it into the TOEI universe for me. Good character development, visiting the past and using the past sentai powers like a fantasy sports team and villains you want to win just as much as the heroes {Poor Cid :"( }, there's was something for absolutely everyone. Fact. GOKAI CHANGE!!!!
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Gokai Green wrote:
xPrimexTimex wrote: BUT, the the villains were horrible. HORRIBLE. The Zangyack were a major letdown for the villains in this series. They never were on par with the Gokaigers in terms of skill/strength and it didn't feel like they took the Gokaigers seriously, nor did the Gokaigers take Zangyack too seriously (and deservedly so). Zangyack probably only had power if you consider that their armada could potentially number in the millions, but their MOTWs were okay at best and terrible at worst. Only Basco and Sid/Barizorg were actually relevant imo.
I'm probably in the minority but I liked the Zangyack. They wasn't best but they certainly wasn't the worst either. While I wished they was more prominent, I kinda liked that they took a backseat because some of the shows before and after Gokaiger gave to much focus on the villains to the point where they was more developed than some or most of the heroes.
I don't mind them taking a backseat, but when you consider the epicness of Gokaiger it just felt weird that Zangyack didn't live up to that. They were more comic relief than anything, which is odd given how "powerful" they were supposed to be at the start of the series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought Zangyack was interesting in their ability to just bring in any villain from past series whenever they wanted. The one thing that I think Gokaiger missed out on was doing a straight to video movie where they take on the Zangyack home world.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

The ending was such sequel-bait, too. I was really hoping they'd do something like that.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
alaon
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: Gokai Change!

Post by alaon »

This thread made me want to make an account and post about my love for Gokaiger. I started watching this series on November of 2014 with my then 2 year old daughter after getting interested in it while watching Power Rangers Super Megaforce and seeing how much she enjoyed watching PR on Netflix. By my surprise SHE LOVED it more than PR even though she couldn't understand a word they where saying. She didn't even wanted to watch any Disney related cartoons all we used to watch was Gokaiger. I even bought her the mobirate (the megaforce version) and she started taking it to her grandma's and played with it. At that time it was her 2nd favorite toy since the first was the Ipad and no one can replace an Ipad where she would watch Gokaiger on YOUTUBE or PW on Netflix while waiting to get home and watch it on TV with me.

Although she has forgotten a bit about Gokaiger since we are watching other Sentais (she LOVES Kyoruger more than Gokaiger since I've watched many times the same eps of Kyoruger her favorite is ep 11 and I lost count on how many times I've watched it with her , mines is ep 32 and we are currently on Toqger but that's another story for another time.) I will never forget this series for being the first Sentai I've ever watched with her. If someday I could meet the cast I would love to tell them thank you from the bottom of my heart for such an amazing series that started it all for my daughter and I ( I don't know if they'll understand me). The wife also watches Sentai too and started with this one so that's a bonus. ;-)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Haha, that's awesome. The family that watches Sentai together.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”