DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ratings Poll: ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger

Post by DaVinci030 »

I bravely got a solid 4. I can't say much about Kyouryuuger and Deboss Army but...

...what's your opinion on Kyouryuuger? Is your rating for this series really really really brave enough?

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/ZyuD ... youryuuger

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ratings Poll: ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger

Post by takenoko »

Honestly, I think it deserves a 5. Like Kogashi was saying in another thread, it's not perfect, but it's pretty high quality stuff. I thought it was highly entertaining, the characters were all memorable. Even the villains had their place. And even with the introduction of the Spirit Rangers, it didn't feel too unwieldy, at least to me. And the cameos were fantastic.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

It was really a really epic and crazy series, but I didn't feel like the theme was to my liking. Firstly, I don't find dinosaurs interesting and secondly, I prefer a more serious series. But the story really saved the show for me so it gets 4/5.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

It reminded me Gekirangers and it was one of my favorites. I also like series with alot of rangers and this one had what 10+1+4?? (or in a more break down calculation 5 main+1 extra +2 spirit which were replaced with others + 1 grandpa/grandaughter +1 nonhuman/human) so far this one had most rangers (excludng gekirangers US counterpart which i think had similar numbers as this one) Red was interesting and really strong (just like Jan from Geki) while others were not falling behind (again just like Geki) IMHO not counting Gokaigers (since it was on a different scale) Kyouryuugers were top on my list for comedy-oriented series sharing it with Gekirangers (mind you I watched from Dekarangers to today however actually started with Gekirangers and didn't watch any previous sentai before Dekarangers only Power Rangers but than again stories are too different to make a comparison)
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I didn't like the show that much it felt pretty average to me. I'm giving it a 3.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Definitely a 4 or maybe even a 5. Daigo was the hyper Red that didn't really annoy me. Although I dislike him because I feel like Toei mad Right and Takaharu hyper as well since it probably appeals to the children more. Quite frankly I want another Hiromu or Takeru type Red. But anyway I went in expecting this show to be flat out ridiculous and it is in a good way.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Easily my favourite Sentai ever. There was excellent plot progression throughout the whole series and it felt like there was little 'filler' episodes, even then they were really fun to watch.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

The fact that this series is able to steal my interest despite it running at the same time as Gaim shows how much it can stand on its own. True, King is hogging the spotlight most of the time, and his 'Brave da ze' and 'Oretachi wa Sentai da' is kinda repetitive. But despite all that, it brings a sense that it is a completed 'Wacky and Fun' series for me.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Kyoryuger is the show that nearly destroyed my love of super sentai. I don't think there is anything positive to say about it, so I'm not going to try. If I could give it a negative 5 million, I would.

After the awesomeness of Go-Busters, and with the followup awesomeness of ToQger, one has to wonder how Toei could get it so wrong with Kyoryuger...
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I'm not sure how I missed this poll being posted, but it's ironic because of what happened to me today. I was in a store walking past the toy section and thought, "I wonder if they have the new Power Rangers Dino Charge stuff yet?" Sure enough, they had it, from figures, to mecha, even the Gaburivolver and sword. When I caught myself saying "gaburincho!" after fiddling with the revolver, I realized how much I enjoyed Kyoryuger when watching end. </lame story>

Was it perfect? Not quite. To me, it bordered on the line of having too many rangers. I also couldn't stand the American accent Ramirez had (ironic, I know). Despite that, I think it had one of the best final story arcs I've seen, which made up for the low points, in my opinion.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Kyouryuuger was pretty awesome. I was very intrigued in the beginning with the whole "we can to keep our identities a secret" thing, but that got thrown out the window after a few episodes. I thought it would have been pretty cool if they had to fight not knowing everybody's identity for 5-7 episodes.

At first I thought the dancing concept would be a drag but it worked really well here. It wasn't forced but it wasn't thrown by the wayside either. There was just enough dancing and samba for you to like/appreciate it.

Daigo held his own pretty well considering he was obviously the lead character. Usually I don't like overenthusiastic reds, but Daigo had charisma. He was very likable and charming despite the fact that such positivity and enthusiasm can be irritating at times. I think the best part about him was that he would tell everybody to call him King, they'd say no at first and then eventually call him King.

The Deboss Army had some appeal, but not that much. I liked them as characters, but not so much as villains. Sometimes they were a bit too goofy for my taste.

The Daigo/Amy shipping I could have done without. Felt way too forced to me.

I liked Ian/Souji's friendship. They got along quite well in my opinion. Amy was cool, cute, and kicked butt. Ucchi was pretty cool when he showed up but he was a real softie once he opened up to the group.

Music was awesome, show was awesome, everything was awesome. The show felt fun, it had great characters and good plot. 5/5 Braves for me.
Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

Post by Sakas »

I had to give it a 2, would have been a 3 if they hadn't cheated the Go-Busters out of their chance to have a real cross over movie.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

There was a lot to like in the show and lot of things done well. Too bad a lot of the characters were underused and the final boss was terrible.

Gets a 4, but just barely.
alaon
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: Gokai Change!

Post by alaon »

This is my daughters favorite Sentai. Usually after completing a Sentai Series I will try and watch the next one( although I skipped Go Busters) BUT she would refuse! Watched it again on and on and on till this day. She probably likes it more since it's more colorful and sillier than Gokaiger. Plus the dancing at the end probably sealed the deal. At first my wife couldn't get to it but it started growing on her after each episode.
criches1984
Number 6
Number 6

Post by criches1984 »

I could only give it a 2 I loved the theme and look of the show, however for a Sentai that relied on the red ranger I personally really did not like him much at all, they made him too in you face for that and too "Mary-sue" and to have that much focus on red for the final boss was too much for me.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”