10%
* Should be sacrificed
2%

Total votes: 84
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Ratings Poll: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters

Post by wisdomcat »

Go-Busters was good and it doesn't deserve a 2 or a 1. I feel like all the characters had developed well and I loved the villains. It gets a 4 from me.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Toku ... Go-Busters
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters

Post by Catastrophe »

To be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much. I only really kept watching it for hilarious Beet Buster antics.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I feel like I loved the characters (like Youko, Enter, whatever) and the storyline. It's one of my favorite Sentai series.

For a cool characters with their bonds, I give a 5 ftw. That's all.

xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

It still holds 2nd place in my 12 sentai series watched. Go-Busters has probably the most original stuffs in it. And it uses a theme which I love very much, which is a futuristic theme. The story, although a little dragged, is really epic, something you wouldn't see in most series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Perfect 5. Great story and characterization. Amazingly gutsy direction in terms of plot. Solid world building. One of Yasuko's best works.
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

I voted 5 stars. Go-Busters felt refreshing by just being different in a lot of ways to me.

- The suits. Very unique style and much unlike any Super Sentai in the past or since.
- 2 of the main enemies being completely human (ish) in Enter & Escape
- Dark (ish) tone. Yeah I know people like to say "adult" Super Sentai themes are the best, etc. Here's the thing. Super Sentai is targeted at kids, but I can appreciate when they put in "adult", or maybe the better word is "mature" themes that adults can enjoy as well. I don't want Sentai to ever become TRULY adult like Garo, but tackling themes that all humans have to face at some point (death) and some that SOME kids face (death of parents/friends) is something I welcome. They handled the themes very well, counter-balancing with the importance of family support and friends as well.
- GREAT story
- Not too many toys. There were some trivial adds, like the movie robo, but for the most part the extra stuff worked in my book.
- Music. I felt the OP theme was like the suits, something new and previously undone in terms of style to past and since Sentai
- GREAT epilogue movie. So tongue-in-cheek about past VS present Sentai styles!

Anyway, I loved Go-Busters. I won't call it my favorite, but it definitely ranks at the top for me.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters

Post by lennyhouston16 »

This series gets a 5 from me for 3 reasons: the risks that it took, Enter, and J! All the other elements in the story were great but those really stood out to me. After the epicness of Gokaiger, I think this was a brilliant follow-up. "Instead of following sentai tropes that were dominated in the previous season, let's start fresh with something out of the box," is what I think the producers were saying. To this day, I still think that Go-Busters had one of the best finales of all time. Honestly, I view this season as the Gaim of Super Sentai.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Human villains are woefully underused in Sentai these days. Go-Busters was a great reminder of how awesome of an antagonist a real, emoting person can be.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I loved this show. It's my third favourite Sentai. I give it a 4!
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Go-Busters was amazing. I'm giving it a 5 and I think most people would give it 4-5. However, that's only if you actually finished the series. Go-Busters started out slow and didn't really do a whole lot the first couple of episodes. Not to mention I thought they were supposed to be spies or something like that, so I can imagine some people being disillusioned by the lack of that. Go-Busters wasn't really flashy or energetic to begin with either. It kinda felt like the first few pages/scenes of a play, it's slow and dry and it's a lot of exposition and not a lot of action. Unfortunately this makes for an audience to become disengaged very early on in any show/play/story that is very exposition heavy from the start. Things really picked up with Enter became the main villain and that last half of Go-Busters was just brilliant. The Hiromu/Enter rivalry was executed greatly and Enter was just a great character to begin with. Hiromu was a bit dry/stoic early on but he really grew as a character by the end of the series. Jin & J were phenomenal. Generally speaking, I believe Go-Busters will be seen as underrated by most.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Definitely one of the more enjoyable Super Sentais. It had a proper Red (not a crazy red like King, Jan, etc), and was a more serious addition to the franchise. I also love the little power rangers references. It's story was really well put together and never boring.

That said, although i did give it a 5... i do have some criticism.

1) Beet Buster. Truthfully, it was a needless death. It didn't have the emotional impact of Phillip's (Kamen Rider W) death. I feel that the writers could have found a way to save him.
2) Red Buster's buddyroid. I'm sorry but i can't remember his name. They did do a little side plot with him trying to be as useful as Beet Buster's buddyroid in combat... but i feel the writers looked at that as a joke/filler episode and he could have developed over time to be useful in combat as more than just a bike and a power source for the powered custom.

Mecha. Oh boy, Mecha. Go-busters had something i have always wanted to see... manual combination. Where the automated computer system fails and they have to do the calculation manually.

Go-Buster Ace is still my favourite mecha, even with Shurikenjin and ToQOh in the picture. It was fast, it was agile, and it was amazingly designed. And the combinations were brilliant.

Speaking of combinations. All the mecha - and the buddyroids - had a limitation. Something not seen since Go-Onger. Their limitation was that they had a fuel supply that limited how long they could fight for... and the fuel was used up even faster when combined.

There is a limit to dead heat and formula in Drive, and Fire-1 X in Rescue Fire (remember that show?) but most of the time, these shows don't provide enough of a drawback to the more advanced gear. And when they do, it's often down played a bit later on. I want to see more limitations like this.

I fail to understand why a lot of people disliked Go-Busters. I personally loved it and I still rate it highly on my list of favourites today.
Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

Post by Sakas »

Far and away my favorite sentai 5/5. I absolutely love Go-Busters. I love the more realistic approach with the mecha, needing an entire hangar and crew to provide maintenance and the cockpits having toggles, displays, etc. and really looking like some training was required to pilot them as opposed to other series where all you need is to wave your hand over a sword or magic rock or what have you. The enemies were fantastic and really developed over time, also the fat that Enter had a solid plan with steps and not just let's conquer earth slowly and as ineffectively as possible. The only gripes I have are that some of the combinations for the mechs look a little crazy, and that the dinosaur sentai's kind of screwed them out of a real versus movie. (still can't forgive them for that, making Jin waste his back up program for a glorified cameo)
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Go-Busters definitely deserves 5 out of 5. It has its downsides, that seemed more due to production than anything else (the slight change of tone around episode 30, the gavan cross-over, the film mecha and Tategami Lioh that were a bit forced) but above all, it gave the viewer something new. True, it didn't feel like a classic sentai (no spandex) but it really tried to be something else. And succeeded, in my opinion.

Plus, it was more mature, had great characters, a great story, and humanoid villains (which have been lacking for a loooooooooong time).

Thinking about this show, it's clearer what makes Ninninger so mediocre to me : it feels like everything they're doing, I've seen before, and often done better. I mean, you don't watch several sentai series to get out of your comfort zone, but it's nice when they throw in something distinctive; characters, plot elements, atmosphere, anything. Even ToQger, that a lot of people seem to be disappointed with, had some new interesting elements (Akira, the revelation about the characters). Ninninger sometimes feels like its plot is as much a patchwork of past ideas as its mecha is a patchwork of concepts.
Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

The designs are great. The special effects... I loved it.

The characters are terrible. They are the most bland I've seen in a Super Sentai. It's so boring! Escape was maybe the most interesting thing on the show.
criches1984
Number 6
Number 6

Post by criches1984 »

For me it's a 5, my favourite Sentai. I felt all the characters were well developed where usually I feel some get underdeveloped I did not feel that way this time.

Also I liked the mecha, along with the suit design unfortunately I think it was far too different from the Sentai norm for many people. I also felt the insta-morphs were well done and had the most use since boukenger.

It was also a more mature and serious series and I liked there was not perfect ending.

Unfortunately since many elements I liked were too different for Sentai and not well received, I dont expect to like any Sentai in the near future as I had started to go off Sentai this bought me back for at least a season.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”