Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Rating Poll: Kamen Rider Den-O

Post by DaVinci030 »

How's Den-O?

I really like the storyline of how Nogami Ryoutarou becomes strong and travel through time.

Also, I like the possession of Ryoutarou by Imagins... making him look kinda cool. You know how awesome Satou Takeru is... even though he's Kenshin.

But there's one little disappointment: It's about Hana-chan becomes young (maybe without any proof of evidence). Sh*t! Why is Shiratori Yuriko left her acting career in 2007?

It's one of my top favorite Rider series in the past, but Gaim surpasses it to the top as of now. I give a solid 4.

Edit: I mean Ryoutarou. My bad.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kamen-Rider-Den-O

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Rating Poll: Kamen Rider Den-O

Post by Phoenix512 »

You mean Ryutarou not Koutarou, Ryutarou's future grandson and New Den-O.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Phoenix512 wrote:You mean Ryutarou not Koutarou, Ryutarou's future grandson and New Den-O.
Sh*t! Sorry 'bout that.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Series gets a solid 4 from me but the movies get a 2 cause they kept dragging it out far past the point they should have quit
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Den-O is my KR baby. It revitalized my interest in the series and made it fun again. Buuut, the plot / pacing wasn't perfect, so as much as I wanna give it a 5 I can't.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I love Den-O and how it ridiculous it is but I'm giving it a 4. The episodes that were like movie related were just useless and it was confusing to me. The story was okay but at times I got confused and then they started milking the Den-O franchise.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Lot of things and funs. Totally a gold season. First time I saw Den-O design was like. Blechhh. Mehhh. Lame... But I was mistake. I shouldn't judge the series but when the 1st trailer came. I was like "Whoa!!!"... And surprised by it progress as the story goes. Solid 5*****
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Kamen Rider Den-O is one of my favorite shows in the Kamen Rider franchise. I love the story of travelling through time to either to protect it or somehow bend the rules to change a little in the past. Spawning numerous movies and creating the Chou Den-O trilogy, I should say that it is one of favorite Rider series of the Japanese people. I'm giving it 5 out of 5.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'll give it a 5. It was ambitious, it had a deep expanded world, it tried to tie up its loose ends through movies. It was a lot of things, and the best part, it had great music and great actors. And it was Kobayashi written, so the story was very hearty, even if it was a bit nonsensical time paradox stuff at times.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nice fun series that could be really serious at times. Movies kept dragging on a bit, although Episode Blue was neat.
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

A rewatch of Den-O made me realize just how special the series is. Every character is endearing and weird, and the story is a perfect blend of serious and goofy. Additionally, I find that most jokes that toku attempts end up falling flat, but Den-o ended up making me laugh consistently. And its pretty damn immpressive how they brought the Imagin to life through the combination of Ryotarou, VA, Suit Actor, and Seiji Takaiwa (for ever imagin that wasn't momotaros).
4BlueRider
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Showtime!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by 4BlueRider »

I loved Kamen Rider Den-O. Back when I got into Super Sentai thanks to Boukenger I thought about watching Kamen Rider Kabuto with it so I can watch Sentai and Kamen Rider together. I am so happy I waited a year later and watched Kamen Rider Den-O along with Gekiranger! Kamen Rider Den-O was my intro into Kamen Rider, and I think that it was the perfect season to start the franchise with. It was colorful, fun and Ryoutarou's interaction with the Imagin were always hilarious to watch! So to this day Kamen Rider Den-O will now and always be very special to me!
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I give it a 1/5 for effort. It was just too bloody silly for my liking - same with Fourze, though I'd take Den-O over Foruze any day of the week.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Zentreya
Favorite Actor?: Robert Downey Jr
Quote: My love for tokusatsu will never die.

Post by Shaider03 »

Den-O is hard to call for me. I personally a give it a 3.5. It's an ok mixed bag. Zeronous's story is a major highlight for me. He's a pretty tragic character when you thing about it. Almost like Gills but not as severe. The show has a nice sense of fun and a great side theme of friendship that is done way better then Fourze. Most of the cast are likeable some or way too out their for me to enjoy.

Still theirs issue's for me that prevents it from being a four or five in my mind. Primarily the show constantly making and ultimate law of time travel only to undo it and make a new one whenever they needed to write themselves out of a corner. This happens fair too much to be over looked when you add the movies as well (Which you have to since their all cannon it seems with the exception of one film). Its humor works more often than not but some joke's re-appear as running gags. Which become less funny to unfunny as the series roles on. Its not a bad show but it just has too many glaring flaws that will naw at you. If your not the type of viewer that is ok with turning their brain off and embracing its silly anything goes nature, you might not enjoy it much. Its ok but not the great five star classic its fanbase make's it out to be.

Not interested in getting into flame wars or discussions about my view on this. Its my view on the show so take with a grain of salt if you must.
Last edited by Shaider03 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

The series, by itself, gets a 5 from me. Sakurai's story made me like the actor even after that horrendous role in Hibiki. All the other characters were pretty good as well.

However, I just finished watching Let's Go Kamen Riders and I may be getting to the end of the gold mine with Den-o. It seems like that train shows up everywhere now and does nothing but cause a bunch of head-scratching, always succeeding in making something incredibly confusing. The movies knock a point off, so overall it gets a 4.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”