Ninninger 22 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 22 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_22

Kabedon again? Come on man. You use the joke in episode 1, bring it back in the special, and now make it the focal point here. Once is novel, twice is a callback, three times is played out.

I wonder what Kyuuemon is planning to do with that gourd. Seeing how distressed he became to have it taken from him makes me think it's a part of his master plan.

Kasumi looks cute with her hair braided.

It feels like they scaled back Takaharu a bit in this episode, but having an episode where Star-san and Yakumo need to surpass the wall that is Takaharu still seems like the writer is making fun of the audience's complaints.

I'm... surprised they did a thing for Fuuka. Although, she might just be wearing the Akaninger Chouzetsu parts. Can't wait to see if there's making-of pics for that scene.

If you told me, "Hey, the robot sits inside another robot, it's like a double Headmaster. And for one of its attacks, it shoots the robot, then shoots the main pilot out to attack" I'd probably go, wow, that sounds incredible. But in practice, I don't know if I really like it. It takes three mobile humanoid robots and basically sits them in a tank. I don't think we're even pretending the legs move anymore here.

Maybe there should be a name for it, like the Mecha Immobile Leg Threshold. If you hit this threshold, that's a sign that your mecha/suit actor has too much shit stuck to him.

The enemy Blockhead from the game Okami is based on Nurikabe.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Ninninger 22 sanjou!

Post by DaVinci030 »

Bikkuri! I like Fuuka's Chouzetsu style. (◕‿◕✿)

Even though Youkai Nurikabe says Kabe-don, he doesn't seem to do the "kabe-don" thing unlike the first Youkai did.
Spoiler
Kasumi's weakness? Scary Kasumi?

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:If you told me, "Hey, the robot sits inside another robot, it's like a double Headmaster. And for one of its attacks, it shoots the robot, then shoots the main pilot out to attack" I'd probably go, wow, that sounds incredible. But in practice, I don't know if I really like it. It takes three mobile humanoid robots and basically sits them in a tank. I don't think we're even pretending the legs move anymore here.
Well, the one humanoid robot is just hanging out on the back. I wonder if he’ll pop up to attack at some point, or if he’s just dead weight.

I actually like the message in this episode - the obstacles you face in life may be hard to overcome, but you should persist and maybe think out of the box to get past them. Solid life lesson.

I’m not sure if I’m frustrated or pleased that this seems to confirm that Chouzetsu is going to be a Red-only power-up. Technically it’s not - they’ve firmly established that the others could use it if they wanted to and Shishioh cooperates. However, it turned out weird on Fuuka, Kasumi doesn’t want it for an unexplained reason, and Kin and Yakumo figured out that Shishioh is way more exhausting to work with than to work around. At least, that's how I interpreted the whole "we'll use it once we've surpassed Takaharu" bit. (Nagi is, as usual, left out.) So, while it’s frustrating that Takaharu will be the only one using the special power-up, I’m happy they went through the trouble of addressing it in-series.

Yucky is a fantastic nickname and already used more by the characters than “Cloud”. Sure, Yakkii may fit better from his name, but Kinji and Yakumo both speak “English”, so a more western spelling fits.

That was a really weird looking three person attack.

Did they go through giving Takaharu a haircut at the start of the episode just so they could make a pun on Ariake no Kata’s name?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, ha. I didn't even notice that Yakkii was Yucky. That seems kind of mean of Star, but it makes sense.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

This week's Ninninger was more enjoyable and I liked the message of overcoming even the tallest, toughest of walls.

Would have been better if Yakumo used the Chouzetsu power-up though.
Behold the Emperor!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

PHurricane wrote:Kasumi doesn’t want it for an unexplained reason
Actually, it is a reference to when they first met Lion Ha-Oh in his human form. He is a bit of a lech that likes pretty girls.

Out of all the weird stuff that has happened in sentai, I'm still surprised by a turducken mech.

Ariake no Kata's personal guards seem quite strong for Juukarage if they can subdue individual Ninningers.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The fact that they used Takaharu as the wall honestly irks me the most this episode. They're not trying to overtake Takaharu, they're trying to overtake Grandpa, the Last Ninja, remember? Having Takaharu's name in there just reinforces him as the almighty god-sentai. And seriously? You have all that build up and you won't even let anyone else use the goddamn Lion form? There had better be another mid-season power-up for everyone or I'm gonna get really pissed.

Nagi was useless this episode.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Totally aggreing with you Lunagel, this is such an obnoxious cliche. Characters tries to do same thing as the main guy, and when they can, they decide not to. Taka fap fest continues~~. But then again, im not too annoyed, simply becos it was so obvious from the get go, so author can be a douche and tease me with the possibility of others doing chozetsu all he wants, i don't care.

And this final mecha proves the laziness in design, most of Bison King just sits in the back, and do nothing. And this launching attack is silly as hell, especially when it just comes down to Takaharu slashing gigantic monster on his own, which gives author a wet dream.

I swear to god, if the big plot twist will be disappointing, or even more CENTERED AROUND TAKAHARU...i might actully throw my keyboard if it be laying on my lap at the time.....

As for Kyuueemon gourd, well all the fear is stored in that item, and Kyueemon is using this for various things. And Kibaoni bae just wasted a lot of it, on her face. It's like when you're building Eiffle tower from matches and someone start taking some just to light a cigarrete.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Weather wrote:so author can be a douche and tease me with the possibility of others doing chozetsu all he wants, i don't care.
[..]when it just comes down to Takaharu slashing gigantic monster on his own, which gives author a wet dream.
You can't blame that on Shimoyama, though; the real issue lies there with Bandai since it's just emulating the toy catalogues.

Edit: Well, you could blame K.S on how it was written in but the actual toy material existing? Yeah, not his call.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: I'm... surprised they did a thing for Fuuka. Although, she might just be wearing the Akaninger Chouzetsu parts. Can't wait to see if there's making-of pics for that scene.
Ask and you shall receive.

As for the episode itself, it was nice that Takaharu wasn't involved as much but there's still a problem. It seems like the writer is afraid to have Yakumo, Kasumi, Fuuka, or Nagi to carry an episode either by themselves or each other without being paired with Takaharu or Kinji. It certainly says a lot that they don't have faith on them or need them to support the other two because they are the important ones.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I was actually looking forward to the end of the episode to see what they would do with the power-up and they gave it to Takaharu because they aren't stronger than him.... There better be a massive twist later on that makes up for the first half of this season.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

So while watching this episode I got to thinking. Maybe Takaharu isn't as strong as they claim he is and that either in the middle arc or the final arc we see a sharp twist in focus. I'll explain why I personally think this is the case, throughout the series so far we have seen everyone bar Taka develop through trial and error, Kasumi creating Ninjutsu powered machines to help accomplish different tasks, Cloud combining Ninjutsu and Magic, Nagi and Fuuka yes haven't had much focus but their skills have been improving through battle.

However Takaharu has been playing catch up, constantly getting power-ups due to his attitude and mindset relying solely on power is stunting his growth, he even has to be reminded he can't do everything by himself and must rely on those around him, which lasts the span of the episode, case in point in this episode regarding the relying on powerups, the moment powerful villians show up he instantly wants to use Chouzetsu mode instead of you know, fighting tactically.

While I thinking of this I was reminded of the Kyouryuuger episode where Grey tested the Group and wanted Red removed from the group, Shame He can't show up to sort this group out eh?

Personal theories aside I liked seeing Fuuka in the Chouzetsu armour and hated the stupidity of the Mech which showed off it's main weakness other than the fact it's stupidly slow, Takaharu has to stand ontop of the dam thing for the final attack where someone could easily shoot him in the back...Think we can get Miichi for that?
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I wish that was the case, but it seems unlikely, expecially since four of them could only do lil damage to Gabi, while Red defeated him on his own, while having injuries. Also...Somebody bring KyoryuGrey to ningers and make him remove Takaharu ;_;.

Go-on Macaroni, maybe no, but i can blame him for wiritng an episode, where main problem is that they can't combine with Lion, and have it be solved by teasing us with a possibility of Kumo or Kinji, using chozetsu.

-Pointless head cannon time

Saika creates additional chozetsu bracelets, that channels other emotions of Lion ossan, aside from his wildness, that correspondes with other Ningers, and allows them to chozetsu.

Pointless headcannon over-
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

I had seen the Fuuka Chouzetsu stuff on a blog before the episode was released. I cannot call it a chouzetsu as old man lion forced the transformation. The rest of the episode is par for the course.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

Arigomi wrote:
Ariake no Kata's personal guards seem quite strong for Juukarage if they can subdue individual Ninningers.
The guards are Hyakkarage and 10 times stronger than Jukkarage.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”