Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Re: Garo -Gold Storm- Shou Movie released

Post by Victormaru »

Dragonfan wrote:Is that Jaki concept new or was it mentioned before? I think I've never heard it before, and they use it as they use Inga, so I thought that maybe they're trying to say that in this universe there's jaki insted of inga, but they do mention inga too, so I am kind of lost with this one.
I was wondering the same thing but I figured it was the exact same thing as "inga". 'Cause I remember both Kouga from the original series and Raiga had to go through that to cleanse the armor. They had to go to a special place to do it though. Then again, Ryuga's timeline seems to be in an alternate universe so I guess things are different there.
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Post by jason3000 »

Alessar wrote:Stuff
I agree with ur opinion,the best part about this series is at the front part of the movie,and the rest of the movie felt bland

Edited: Deleted lenghty quote. No need to copy the whole thing for a "Yup, I agree"
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Best part of the movie was Rian letting her anger out on that criminal. That was absolutely amazing. Kamen Rider Sangou-style.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So somehow Rian acquired the Sex Pistols Stand from Part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
DrStrange26
Adventure
Favorite series: Bioman
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Jasmine Dekayellow
My boom: Sentai, Anime

Post by DrStrange26 »

The movie was alright. It was a good set up for the TV show. Just rewatching it again and realized that the actor that plays the priest the created Agou is the husband of the actress that plays the old lady and she also played Priestess Garai in the movie Garo: Beast of the White Knight.

It was a typical Garo movie. Nothing really special. D.Ringo was pretty funny though.

Marika "Jasmine" Reimon(DEKA YELLOW)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh are they married? For some reason I totally forgot that she was in Beast of the White Night too. That lady is prolific.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I reckon if I'd seen this before the series, I'd have enjoyed it more. Putting Ryuuga in the context of more traditional GARO and having the Horrors shocked that the Gold Knight is back is cool, but we already know how it plays out so the impact was lost.

I love this construct that is essentially a mechanical knight, even if I don't love the samurai theme that much. However the 'hijacked by the powerful dead horror' plot point is starting to get a little repetitive and super predictable now.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I was going through some old stuff and found I had this movie saved. I didn’t even know it existed. Oops.

Reading the previous posts, I see that it’s due to the series airing before we could get the movie.

I enjoyed it. I actually liked it better than Gekkou, just because it had a point.
I’d always wondered how Ryuuga and Rian knew D Ringo as it seemed they knew him before the series. And it’s interesting that he does favors for Makai folks in order to get special items from them.
Really liked the bar fight. I had forgotten how much Rian’s character entertains me.
I didn’t see the need for Garo to get Agou’s sword. Garo has his own.
Agou was ridiculously over powered. Even with a piece of Horror inside, it was stupid how undefeatable he was until his priest OK’d his death. It really put a damper on Ryume’s super powered reputation.
Nevertheless, this made me want to rewatch Ryuga and Rian season 2. And it made me realize I’m missing more in the Garo world than I thought the other day. 😩
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's really a bummer that we can't get more of the characters that add to the world building for Garo. Rian and Ryume. Pretty weird that the two knights from his first series, Yami, left the entertainment worlds in disgrace. What's the chances of that happening
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Gokai Silver worked my nerves in both series, so I don’t miss his character. But I wouldn’t wish the bad stuff on him. I didn’t know Aguri was also in a bad place. That sucks.
I think that Rian being in such sync with Ryuga during a fight is what makes her so good. That takes a special connection between the characters.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “-Gold Storm- Shou”