Ninninger 31 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
36%
9%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 31 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

< Episode 30 Thread
Wiki Episode Article
Episode 32 Thread >

Kind of a so-so episode. I like Nagi, but his episodes tend to fall into the "I have confidence issues. Kasumi's advice will help me save everyone."

The monster had a neat power, but aside from a few jokes, all it did was make Takaharu smart. That just makes me resentful and suspicious that Takaharu's actor is related to someone high up in Toei.

I like Kyuuemon's uber robot though. At last we know what he's been scheming.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ninninger 31 sanjou!

Post by xiiliea »

Kinji and his english always cracks me up :P

Also when the Japanese subtitles appear, the brackets with small words actually read (de gozai yasu).
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The Last Ninja competition feels irrelevant at this point. When are they going to realize that chasing after a title isn't so different from Kyuuemon trying to prove that the Izayoi-style is superior to the Igasaki-style? Their priorities feel misplaced considering the threat Kibaoni poses to the world.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

with 10+ episodes left, it's been underwhelming for me so far. :(
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Normally I would say "Woo! We're getting into some story here" after seeing the preview for the next episode, but every time that goes through my head the next episode is just filler. I seriously thought this episode was going to go the route of the Toqger episode and not give Takaharu a specialty (like how Right was unaffected by a zero on his test), but apparently his personality was his specialty. :roll:

I'll be honest, now that...
Spoiler
the next Sentai was confirmed this week
...I've been seeing that faint light at the end of the tunnel.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Kyuuemon's mecha has fox funnels in similar shape to ones used by Qubeley and Kshatriya from Gundam! After watching like twenty different Sentai series, this is probably like the first time I seen a mecha in Sentai that use this technology like that. I want see this be use more in the future with mechs in Sentai and some Kamen Riders. Also did the preview suggest
Spoiler
some people should wait until the next episode out for what I want to say now
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilers for new mecha
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ninninger 31: The one where Kasumi gets drunk :lol:

On the whole this was a decent enough episode. As someone else pointed out, Nagi episodes tend to be a bit weak and this one suffered from that as well. On the other hand we got drunk Kasumi and competent Takaharu, and I have to say I enjoyed competent Takaharu for the whole 60 seconds we had him. It's probably just one giant tease by the writers, but boy was it glorious; it's a reminder of how good a series with a serious Red can be after we'd had to put up with Daigo, Right, and Takaharu. I'd rather have this Takaharu any day of the week.

Meanwhile there were a few nice cinematography elements to this episode. That shot of Kyuuemon's lit-up head right before the OP was fantastic; this show does plenty to make Kyuuemon a threat, but it does very little to make him scary. And there were some longer-than-usual action cuts in a couple of places in this episode, which is a welcome departure from the ADHD cuts that we sometimes get.

As for Kyuuemon overall plan, while the MOTW wasn't anything fantastic, the mecha fight at the end was enjoyable. Granted, the heroes lost, but there's something pleasant about watching the cluster mecha get blown to bits. However there was very little hand-to-hand action here, which is a mild disappointment. The Ninningers lost to CGI attacks and never came close to Kyuuemon's robo. Which I have to say I like the design, it's very Kyuuemon and not especially bulky, making it closer to Shinobimaru.

Finally, dumb westerner time. Kyuuemon's robo was referred as a "karakuri". Could someone please shed some light on what that means?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Karakuri means mechanical/clockwork. Kind of like how steampunk is a thing in the west, in Japan they love the idea of all the gadgets being full of gears and stuff. Remember when Kasumi made a karakuri translator? Their transforming weapon is also called a Karakuri Hengen.
GekiGokaiShinken
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Let's Party Night!

Post by GekiGokaiShinken »

ViRGE wrote:Ninninger 31: The one where Kasumi gets drunk :lol:

On the whole this was a decent enough episode. As someone else pointed out, Nagi episodes tend to be a bit weak and this one suffered from that as well. On the other hand we got drunk Kasumi and competent Takaharu, and I have to say I enjoyed competent Takaharu for the whole 60 seconds we had him. It's probably just one giant tease by the writers, but boy was it glorious; it's a reminder of how good a series with a serious Red can be after we'd had to put up with Daigo, Right, and Takaharu. I'd rather have this Takaharu any day of the week.
Daigo and Right were at least multi leveled. I honestly never wanted miss an episode. These ones had the cast at least mix it up, Daigo never liked being a lone wolf were Taka-chan seems to personify. Right while being goofy had moments of clarity and would rely on the others. Takaharu says he can rely on them then does the opposite every time.

Truly i do wish the next season has a serious Red, we are long over due. I think the last real one was Marvelous. I am not sure if Red was all that serious in Go-Buster I did not watch the series. Now that i think about it lets have back to back Serious Reds.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i have to ask, are the 4 creatures used on kyuuemon's gears relevant in any way?
so mr badger had a megaman ability. meh. and kinji's ability is speaking japanese? but they said strange japanese? i guess im missing something?

and yes! kyuuemon used funnels, NINE funnels. for nine tails! eh? eh?! but if his mech is immune to attacks that killed the mad gear gang izaioi style nin, then should have the triple mech launch attack in which taka strikes the monster been effective? and i was watching carefully, taka got hit many times riding in lion ha-oh mouth! shouldnt he be dead? i should see the dai shuriken missing him maybe but kyuuemon's sword slashs hit the whole front of ha-oh.

and finally
kyuuemon's crest looks like a gamecube logo. i think i said it before, but ill say it again. gamecube.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I didn't notice any pattern between the animals myself. Not to say there isn't one, but nothing stood out to me.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Making Red serious makes me sad at what could have been if they didn't milk this idiot hero thing.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Daigo and Right are better than idiot Takaharu who were taught many episodes to growth up, however it seems to be hopeless until now.

King is idiot too however he has well-know how team-work is rather than Takaharu.

Right is just a kid who 8,9 years old and he growth up since episode 31 when their real identifications were revealed.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i mean, the falcon, lion, ant and badger. the first 2 i thought perhaps had something to do with ninja lore in some way, but then ant and badger? seem like odd choices.

perhaps kyuuemon is similar to long from geki ranger? pulling strings for something bigger? and the final foe still hasnt appeared yet despite us not being past episode 30.

someone said marvelous was a serious red, and while not disagreeing, i dont think so. he took his role as leader seriously, but as a ranger it was more part of the grand plan for the triforce greatest treasure. i think aloof is more accurate.

im still working on megaranger, but it seems megared wasnt/isnt very serious. granted not dumb. o if taka was a bit smarter would he not bother you guys?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Taka's other problem is that he's not very charismatic either. Kenta was charming in his own way. While Takaharu is just never fun or interesting in his dumbness.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”