Kaigan KR Ghost 01

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:03 am

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
9%
4%

Total votes: 57
AncientLemurian
7X
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Daimon Rinko
Favorite Actor?: Takayama Yuko
My boom: Tetris

Re: KR Ghost 01 released

Post by AncientLemurian »

There's a version 3 SD now? What needed fixing if I may ask?
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I really liked this episode, however it felt a bit rushed. It seemed like they tried to cram two episodes into one.

That said, I really love the monster designs in this series. They have a nice historical flair added into the costume, along with the famous weapon. I'm guessing all the enemies, like the Eyecons, will be based off of important Generals and Warlords throughout history. They seem to be touching a lot about history too, since Takeru seems fixated on history, and the small Trivia that popped up in this episode.

Right away, the show seems to be very dark. The main character dies in the first episode, and has to gather the 15 Luminaries, or else he dies for good. Also the blood cgi is amazing. I wonder if they will manage to keep that up each episode? That could get costly!

The Kamen Rider Ghost suits also look great. I love how they each have a motif of a famous warrior / hero. Also the coats themself look badass alone. And they should be easy to produce as well.

Overall, this episode has given me high hopes for the series. I hope the story flows well and doesn't rush like this episode ended up being. Can't wait for the upcoming episodes!
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I read the initial few posts about this episode last night and was a bit worried. I'm nowhere near caught up in the KR series (still have half of Fourze, then Wizard, Gaim, and Drive), but I still wanted to see the first episode. The last few episodes of Drive must have really been something, because I thought this was a great start to a series! Yeah, it had a lot of stuff crammed into the first episode, but if the hero character has no idea what's going on, I'd rather they explain it to him in the first episode. There have been some first episodes in the past where the hero is incredibly ignorant but knows everything the moment he (or she) yells "Henshin!".

I probably won't get caught up until about mid-season or so, but since i watched the episode I wanted to drop my vote off for tallying. Great work to all who were involved, hopefully I can get going with this in a few months!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

AncientLemurian wrote:There's a version 3 SD now? What needed fixing if I may ask?
Audio had some weird issues, which is odd because the hd uses the same audio file and it was fine.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Am i the only one that thinks that at the end something bigger will happen, and Ghost will have to stay dead?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I enjoyed the first half the episode... then it started to feel long. I feel the episode should've wrapped up after the Spear Ghost's death and saved the sword one for the second part.

The second fight with Musashi started a little dull. I'm not a fan of the body staying Orange. I understand it's probably how the toys work but meh.

There are people who thinks that all 15 Eyecons will be over in 50 episodes. I'm thinking all fifteen Eyecons will eventually become the ultimate form as per usual with Kamen Rider.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Kuchiri wrote:I'm not a fan of the body staying Orange. I understand it's probably how the toys work but meh.
At least I'm not the only one that had a strange issue with that. The only thing I could think of is that the "Rio-Trooper" form is Kamen Rider Ghost, and the possessed jackets are add-on things, which is why the orange lines stay. However, after about 30 seconds I started to question it: If the orange jacket was Takeru's soul, who was in the suit? If Takeru's in the suit, what's making the jacket fly around???. Then I realized that I should just accept it. :|
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Well, I think because his body and soul are now two different things. Maybe in order to actually come in contact with the enemies he has to have a soul in his body.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.

Post by remolay »

First Kamen Rider I've watched in over a year... OH GOD I MISSED DRIVE!

I think this is going to be okay, Got ToQGer vibes from it only no where near as silly (I only watched like the first 7 episodes of ToQGer).

Aand by the end of the first episode this has become Dragon Ball, alrighty then.

That ghost puppet is going to have a visible string by the end of November, mark my words.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

A decent start for Ghost. Pacing is typical that of a Toku's first episode but I say it did lay out the foundation for the series pretty well, introducing the main characters and villains while setting up the backbone of the plot.

That orange glow in the dark is pretty slick. The suit could do well without that hoodie.

A little less yelling from Onari and Akari will be nice, but boyyyy am I glad the comedy in this one seems a lot more tolerable than Drive's.

Second form in the first episode already? Even Drive only changed tyres back in his pilot. I wonder will Ghost have major form spams like OOO's.

Is it just me but Takeru somehow reminds me of Ryotaro, in his mannerism and the way he talks (not to mention Takeru being Ryotaro's actor's name).

First Kamen Rider series in a long time without hot chick best friend/side-kick/partner eh? Akari's not bad but she's more like the "big sister" kind. I hope she has bigger roles to play than just a comic relief. I miss how badass Kiriko was (tho her badassery was dismissed as Drive reaches the finale -__-)

I can't say more considering this is only the first episode, but I'm intrigued by it and hope the series picks up momentum as it continues.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

No death for the protagonist, sure, but boy that two ganma sure caused a lot of havoc. How were they supposed to explain the phenomenon of the pirate ship flinging towards the tower?

No actual reason for the sword ganma to drag Takeru to the seaside other than to unlock Musashi. I suppose they could have made Musashi's hoodie talk. Then again, it would be too similar to some other kid with a time-crossing train.

So far, not much of an impression for the debut episode, but to be honest, the same goes to Drive way back (Not too fond of the toycar gimmick). 3/5
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Akari wrote:
Thats my first thought. Since every Hesei Rider, as far as I can remember, took place over one year. So either they plan to change that or more likely the 15 Eyecons is only the first story arc.
Decade only had 30-ish episodes.

I like the fact that the costume has that buggy feel that a kamen rider is supposed to have. There's not been much of that recently. Forze and Decade tie for the worst plasticy toy-like costumes. I would like them to have a season where the main rider didn't require 100 toys to collect and/or change (thinking AgitΩ or Hibiki). Something more biological. But I know the whole point of the show is to sell as many toys as possible, so it won't happen.

I think the flying puppet thing is going to bug me. I hope it grows on me like Kivat did, but I suspect it won't.

It's refreshing to see a Kamen Rider actually ride something for a change, but I'm unclear how a ghost rides a motorcycle when he can't touch anything else.
eijiman wrote:Am i the only one that thinks that at the end something bigger will happen, and Ghost will have to stay dead?
Off the top of my head, thinking long-term, that would seem to be the only way to have team-up movies with future riders. But I might be putting too much logic into it.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Overall, it felt kinda average. None of the acting blew me away, the priest and Takeru's sister felt really stereotyped (with the no-nonsense superstitious guy and the level-headed ultra-logical scientist), and I agree with Takenoko that the comedy was a bit overused. Sadly, both this and Ninninger (which I gave up on after one and a half episodes) seem a bit aimed for a younger audience (not a bad thing, but I feel like Rider and Sentai should have a slightly different tone from one another). But then again, I'm fairly new to Rider/Sentai, so I wouldn't be any expert. As for Ghost's design, I really like the glowing motif, but I feel like a few details should have been rethought. My only real problems with it were the bulky belt, the coat (not terrible, but a longer coat would've felt less top-heavy), and the default, simplified helmet. I really like what happened with the Henshin sequence, though.

I like the idea of Takeru being a literal ghost, and the Kaigan formula feels quite original as well. Sadly, on another note, the mysterious guy seems like the only promising story arc material so far, but at least it is promising. So far the show feels like the kind of thing that goes MotW for the first quarter or so and then things get interesting. I gave it a 3; it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

bluegreen wrote:
It's refreshing to see a Kamen Rider actually ride something for a change, but I'm unclear how a ghost rides a motorcycle when he can't touch anything else.
It's a ghost bike.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Juat an okay episode considering half the time we need to hear Akari and Onari screaming. And Akari sure is written to be dumbhooked on being a science nerd. This could turn out ugly since the last character that I remember being dumbhooked on certain aspect is 'that guy' from Wizard. And 'that guy' ruined Wizard entirely for me.

Now regarding Takeru, I guess because the actor is in the same age as Ryotaro's actor that they both gives a similar vibe. Yurusen seems a good effort by the staff considering he wasn't CGI-ed now. His interaction with Takeru hopefully will have an impact like how Belt-san is with Shinnosuke. And that remarks from Ghost. 'How dare you killed me before?!'.....Well it kills me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Design-wise, that Rider belt seems to be lazily designed. With a big plastic cover too! And Ghost seems to be inspired much by 555 now. The way that both have a glow-in-the-dark effect and have those glow appearing first before the suit materializes. Too bad the Driver is really different looking. But seeing Ghost in the dark seems to give off the vibe that he is a firefly instead of a Ghost. While Musashi is a little bit weird having a sword protruding on his head.

99 days to collect 15 Eyecons? that seems a rather doable task Takeru since you already got 1 with 98 days remaining, considering from the preview that you will be obtaining 1 more. If we follow the real life calculation, Takeru will have around 3 month+ to collect all 15(around 13 episodes). So after that it will be upgrade, another upgrade,final form and then the thickening of the plot, and then finale.

Let's hope the plot thickens soon, cause it doesn't pull me on now.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”