Favorite Power Ranger Series

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
ForeverRed
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Mika Kikuchi
Favorite Band: None. I can't hear!

Re: Favorite Power Ranger Series

Post by ForeverRed »

Tendou Souji wrote:Dunno because I seldom watch power rangers. I prefer Sentai.
I prefer Saban's Power Rangers and Sentai! Woohoo!

FUCK Disney's Power Rangers, execpt for Jungle Fury.
DJ Jimmi Zero
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: The Boondocks
Dreamy: Chise Nakamura
Favorite Actor?: Chise Nakamura
Favorite Band: 12012
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Beatmania IIDX

Post by DJ Jimmi Zero »

Looking back, I can say I don't really like the Power Rangers Series when comparing it to the Super Sentai source material. The Saban Era was horrible, PRiS was the only season I can still tolerate till this day from them. Disney, I've been able to tolerate a little more and I was actually growing to like S.P.D. and Jungle Fury is impressive so far. I guess the series I can tolerate the most is S.P.D. I started watching Power Rangers when I was 8 but had been introduced to bootlegs of GoRanger, Jetman and Zyuranger around that age as well.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I demand new lolpic.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
DJ Jimmi Zero
Adventure
2nd Favorite Series: The Boondocks
Dreamy: Chise Nakamura
Favorite Actor?: Chise Nakamura
Favorite Band: 12012
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Beatmania IIDX

Post by DJ Jimmi Zero »

you again?

And you might be?
bondanrastika
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re:

Post by bondanrastika »

Saejima Kouga wrote:MMPR1. I always wanted to take a ride with Kimberly in the pterodactyl so I could see her...."nice stereo" ...
ha! i remember that one!!
i also liked MMPR1. "rockin' the way!"
rennkousaka
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: sentai!
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider series
Dreamy: rina aizawa
Favorite Actor?: shinwa kataoka
Favorite Band: project.r
Alignment: Neutral Good
Location: japan... roaming around with our trailer... ginjiro #1!

Post by rennkousaka »

Runba wrote:
DJ Jimmi Zero wrote:I started watching Power Rangers when I was 8 but had been introduced to bootlegs of GoRanger, Jetman and Zyuranger around that age as well.
and i've seen Fiveman and Jetman and some episodes of Bioman, Maskman, Turboranger & Goggle V before Power Rangers...

i liked MMPR s1 and s2... Wild Force, Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder...

but stopped watching PR after I've seen the whole Dekaranger series last 2007...
cheers to my successor... Ryuunosuke Ikenami. Good Luck Shinken Blue!!
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I have fond memories of MMPR season 2. It seemed a little less campy than season 1. Plus it had White Ranger vs Green Ranger. That was a nice little gem.

Zeo was just weird for me. I dunno if it's because of the switch to new costumes, but it just seemed...off.

The first half of Turbo was fairly bad. I think I was getting tired of Tommy and co. The second half was pretty decent with the new rangers and accelerated morphing sequence. Plus the ending showed that the Power Rangers didn't always win.

PRiS was pretty good and surprisingly close to the source material. Time Force was another one. It wasn't as dumbed down as I expected. It's like they knew how cool Timeranger was and wanted to do it justice.

Ninja Storm was okay. That was the beginning of the Disney era right? Dino Thunder is my favorite from recent years. It had one of the better stories in PR history. I didn't watch much of SPD, though the few episodes I did watch, I was impressed with. The crossover with DT was good.

It went downhill after that. Mystic Force made me cry. Perhaps it was because at that point, Magiranger was the only Sentai I had watched from beginning to end. It had potential but that potential was squandered. I didn't even bother with OO and Jungle Fury, but I didn't watch Boukenger or Gekiranger either. By that point I was watching mostly Kamen Rider. Perhaps I should go back and watch them.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I had written a post about how the math does not compute to allow Tommy to be Dr. Thomas Oliver, DPal. But there's some time gap betwixt In Space and Lost Galaxy, yet it does not seem to be enough to allow him 4 years of bachelor's studies, 3-4 years of Master's, and then however long it would take to get his Doctorate in time to be established for Dino Thunder. Unless there are more time-gaps that are never mentioned!

This is why Disney has roont this franchise! They can't. Even. Do. MATH.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

You can actually get doctorate in 6 years, if you skip getting the other diplomas, and only get a doctorate. You have to work your but of but it is possible.

My dad was looking into going for his doctorate, but decide to just take his masters, and run. I also looked into it, since I am getting to the college age and it would be nice to know.
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

dancercotillion wrote:I had written a post about how the math does not compute to allow Tommy to be Dr. Thomas Oliver, DPal. But there's some time gap betwixt In Space and Lost Galaxy, yet it does not seem to be enough to allow him 4 years of bachelor's studies, 3-4 years of Master's, and then however long it would take to get his Doctorate in time to be established for Dino Thunder. Unless there are more time-gaps that are never mentioned!

Is there an official number for the time between Space and Lost Galaxy? Or at least a widely accepted number? After all, the Astro Megaship was made into a museum between those two series. I always assumed at least two years or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more time jumps in between series. They usually don't predominately display the years like sentai does.
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

MMPR1 is the only one I know, and I love it for that reason. XP

Sure Ive seen Bioman, Maskman, Fiveman, and Jetman before that, but nothing quite solidifies crab mentality like Power Rangers. XD
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:I had written a post about how the math does not compute to allow Tommy to be Dr. Thomas Oliver, DPal. But there's some time gap betwixt In Space and Lost Galaxy, yet it does not seem to be enough to allow him 4 years of bachelor's studies, 3-4 years of Master's, and then however long it would take to get his Doctorate in time to be established for Dino Thunder. Unless there are more time-gaps that are never mentioned!

Is there an official number for the time between Space and Lost Galaxy? Or at least a widely accepted number? After all, the Astro Megaship was made into a museum between those two series. I always assumed at least two years or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more time jumps in between series. They usually don't predominately display the years like sentai does.
Time Force was clearly stated to take place in 2001, and it was pretty much implied that whenever teamups occurred, the previous year's team had been out of action for a while. If Lost Galaxy didn't take place in '99, that calls the entire Power Rangers continuity into question. Tommy is able to earn a doctorate for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that, to little kids, Doctor is just a cool title. Disney probably gave little thought to continuity when they made him a doctor, so it's not worth putting much thought into.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Ah, but putting extreme amounts of thought into utterly useless pursuits is the very definition of fandom.

If Time Force is definitively in 2001, maybe Tommy's not really a Doctor of Paeleontology. He could be an honourary Doctor of Fine Arts, like Stephen Colbert. He uses it to pick up chicks at the bar, saying "Hey, you know, I'm a Doctor." and when pressed about it, mentions how the Tyrannosaurus Rex had skin like steel, and got along famously with Triceratopses, and the bimbos draw their own conclusions. And now he's just trapped in his own lies, and has to pretend to be a real Paeleontologist, lest his harem figure him out.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

dancercotillion wrote:Ah, but putting extreme amounts of thought into utterly useless pursuits is the very definition of fandom.

If Time Force is definitively in 2001, maybe Tommy's not really a Doctor of Paeleontology. He could be an honourary Doctor of Fine Arts, like Stephen Colbert. He uses it to pick up chicks at the bar, saying "Hey, you know, I'm a Doctor." and when pressed about it, mentions how the Tyrannosaurus Rex had skin like steel, and got along famously with Triceratopses, and the bimbos draw their own conclusions. And now he's just trapped in his own lies, and has to pretend to be a real Paeleontologist, lest his harem figure him out.
Indeed it is. (NARU X HINA!)

XD That's gotta be the best explanation I've ever heard. After breaking up with Kimberly and...whatever happened to Kat, he became desperate for another princessy-type and turned to lying to chicks in bars for the solution.

That reminds me (on a completely unrelated note), I always found it interesting how Kat's actress was really named Catherine.
Spooky Tanuki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Geki or Magiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Band: WHY?
My boom: Pokemon Cards

Post by Spooky Tanuki »

My favorites are Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (all three seasons) and Power Rangers in Space. I stopped watching after Lost Galaxy.

Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and SPD seemed pretty decent as far as the newer shows go.
Slowly watching through:
Den-O, Kamen Rider W, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Akihabara@DEEP, and Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z

Return to “Americanized stuff”