Ninninger 38 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:21 am

☆☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
31%
☆☆
No votes
23%

Total votes: 13
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ninninger 38 sanjou!

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:
PHurricane wrote:I wasn't expecting Kibaoni's lady to be freaking out like that because she was getting ready to give "birth".
Doesn't this imply that she was using fear energy as a form of birth control? And as we know, they primarily draw their fear energy from kids. The implications are really, really squicky.
Opposite, I think. She wasn't trying *not* to have the baby, she needed fear energy *to* have the baby, hence why the Chief Retainer was freaking out so hard about getting her the fear energy this episode. Think of it more as vitamins to make the baby healthy.

Implications are still a bit squicky and raises questions as to the gestation period of the Kibaoni monsters. Like, the general dude has been away for a really, really long time, so has she been pregnant for hundreds of years?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Not really feeling this episode. The loli thing was strange and not even Beet Buster Magi Yellow could save it.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Catastrophe wrote:Not really feeling this episode. The loli thing was strange and not even Beet Buster Magi Yellow could save it.
oh thank god I'm not the only one.

I admit I haven't seen magiranger, but watching Go-Busters (and hearing the injokes with Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger), all I can see him as is Jin... and I'm immediately LMFAO at all the silly stuff from that series.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the transcendent aoninger looked great!

kinda dig that past rangers are making cameos. i mean, the older ninja sentai sure but magiranger now. heck even akarenger appeared early on too. i wonder if they will do that next series or not?
maybe a borrowing from USA?

.... im still waiting to see a shinobimaru bison king and rodeomaru shurikenjin.

EDIT: guys stop talking about next weeks episode without spoiler tags. yes it's in the preview but i thought we werent allowed to speak on that without spoiler tags.
Spoiler
yes im the worse kind of person, when i know there is a rule i do my best to not break it and remind others about it.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Honestly, I'm glad that we're in the final stretch of Ninninger. When most of the forum discussion centers around Magiranger and the next episode...let's just say this series is getting old and weak, and that episode was no stunner. Easy 1 of 5 from me.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Catastrophe wrote:Not really feeling this episode. The loli thing was strange and not even Beet Buster Magi Yellow could save it.
Not that weird for kids to have "crushes" on adults before they actually understand what that means.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Still, the way Yakumo entertained her supposed feelings felt weird, especially considering that in today's age, the paedo scare is so rampant that people fear that every adult who tries to make a child happy only does so with the intent of raping it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Barim wrote:
Not that weird for kids to have "crushes" on adults before they actually understand what that means.
I was referring to the fact that 'Cloud' was going to stick by his marriage promise.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't think "Cloud" was actually going to stick to that promise. He just couldn't find a way to say no, and was just postponing his response.

I did think it was weird that he lied about being the leader of the team, but maybe that was just his ego speaking through his fantasy.
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

Was it a translation thing or do people in Japan really call the UK England? I know Americans do (which annoys Scottish, Welsh and Irish people) just seems strange to use England and British or were they really referring to just England.

If that was the case then its a bit of facepalm as Hogwarts is in Scotland.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's probably mostly my fault since I don't really think about the difference between England and Britain/UK. I hear IGIRISU and think "Oh yeah, English, that's what I'll put down."

Totally didn't know the Hogwarts thing either since I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan.

I think at one point a QCer mentioned changing one term from English to British, but that might not have applied to all instances of that.

Apologies to anyone who was offended. None of it was intended, it's just ignorance, that's all.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I think most Japanese don't really understand the difference between English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish, although usually they will differentiate by saying "scotland/ireland/wales" if it's important. If not, then it's usually just "English".
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:I don't think "Cloud" was actually going to stick to that promise. He just couldn't find a way to say no, and was just postponing his response.
Maybe, and this is simply my opinion, the scene with the "reveal" could have benefited from Yakumo actually outright saying that he didn't want to marry Elena. Something as simple as, "[explains promise card thing] How can I say 'no' to a little girl like that? It would crush her, and I can't do that." I don't actually remember him saying anything like that (I could be wrong!). It seemed to come from the other Ninningers, which made it seem kind of creepy.

Now, on the flip side, there are loads of married couples with age gaps like that and it's totally normal. However, none of us would picture those couples like was presented in the show. The writers don't seem to know how to take Yakumo's character and write something that doesn't include the slightest oddity that sinks the whole episode. On top of that why the f**k is he a magician???
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

takenoko wrote:It's probably mostly my fault since I don't really think about the difference between England and Britain/UK. I hear IGIRISU and think "Oh yeah, English, that's what I'll put down."

Totally didn't know the Hogwarts thing either since I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan.

I think at one point a QCer mentioned changing one term from English to British, but that might not have applied to all instances of that.

Apologies to anyone who was offended. None of it was intended, it's just ignorance, that's all.
I wasnt offended in the subs it was just confusing to if it was a translation thing or was it personal preference, I think it was episode 9 that had the same thing mentioning Britain later.

The only time its offensive to non English is when they are referring to the UK as a whole and just say England rather than say mentioning London which is course is England, I mean I have heard people Say GTA is a English game when its Scottish and even then its more of rolling your eyes than foaming at the mouth offended.

I always laugh when I was younger my dad got a letter from Germany that put our town then instead of the UK put England.
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

I was very disappointed that Tsubasa wasn't more involved in the episode. I was surprised to have no payoff to whatever was going on with Kinji last week. This episode got three stars from me instead of two only because we got Tsubasa transforming and the Magiranger theme song.

I'm trying to pick apart why I don't enjoy Ninninger more, since it has the rare benefit of being not-ToQger (meaning my expectations were pretty low, even though I felt ToQger got dramatically better toward its end.) I'm unimpressed by the actors playing Yakumo and Takaharu, which is a significant problem given how much screen time they get. Maybe I'm spoiled because I started Sentai with Gokaiger and Shinkinger, both of which had pretty strong casts? I don't buy the Last Ninja competition, and the Ninninger kids share the ToQger kids' problem of having very little backstory from which to draw character.

"Let's jeopardize the lives of the people we usually protect so we can support a little girl's childhood delusion" may be one of the worst Sentai motivations of the recent past.

I still can't forgive PLEX for Final Mecha Attack Chair or the... whatever the hell Gekiatsu Dai-Oh is supposed to be.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”