Ninninger 41 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:53 am

☆☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
44%
11%

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 41 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3.78 / 5 (9 votes)

Last week's ratings were down, and this wasn't much better to me, despite being pretty plot relevant. The problem (again) is the first 20 minutes is fluff. I mean, it's not often that the major plot stuff happens during the mecha fight. Although, you kind of suspect that's what's going to happen pretty early on.

Also, Grandpa's dead all along or some clone in the form of the Finishing Shuriken, as people had suspected.

It's funny how little tension there is to see GekiAtsu Dai-Oh get blown up. We don't even see it blow up, it falls down and then it pans away and we see an explosion. Because special effects??? It's just not filmed in a way to imply any sort of urgency. Don't we normally see the main group of characters bloodied and knocked out in a broken cockpit? That'd cost too much money? But the cockpit is literally a pit of cgi fire... No? Okay then.

Maybe what this series needs is a good editor. Just someone who can cut out the dumb, annoying, and tedious parts.

Anyway, gave this episode a 2 for pacing issues.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 41 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

I was wondering if we had heard anything about an important prophecy for the villains before now or if they were referring to the generic “Kibaoni’s going to regain his power” thing from the start of the series. Turns out it was both. As much as Tsugomori is sure that the “master’s son” part of the prophecy is coming true, I’m that much more confident that Kyuuemon is also Kibaoni’s son. It also explains why he stole Ninja Dad’s powers - makes sense to take the power of the ninja who presumably would inherit the status of Last Ninja while he was still vulnerable, all while training with the person responsible for defeating your dad.

This is almost reaching Goseiger levels of pulling a decently complex plot out of (seemingly) nowhere. It doesn’t feel quite as well foreshadowed or paced (at least Goseiger had three mini-climaxes), but I might feel differently if I could tolerate rewatching the series to look for clues. Unfortunately, I don't like this cast enough to put myself through that.

If inhaling the bad breath was the trigger, shouldn’t Takaharu be under the youkai’s control too? Is that something the audience should be worried about, or do the villains not care about him?

Also, why were there so many people standing around to be turned into peanuts?

The contests weren't horrible, but there was way too much cheating involved for time-filler. I think this is the most we’ve had the characters dance to the show’s theme music within the context of the story. I’m not shocked that they had Fuuka and Kinji do an even flashier version of the dance, since they’ve always seemed the most comfortable with the choreography. Enough is enough, though. There's been enough plot elements introduced in the last few weeks to carry us through to the finale without more padding.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, maybe that's something I need to fix in translation. Only a person who has completely breathed in the stinky breath gets controlled. Everyone else only got a whiff before choking.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Here's something interesting that Ookalf pointed out. Apparently Shuten-Douji was one of the Three Great Evil Youkai of Japan. The other two were:
Tamamo-no-mae, the white-faced golden-furred nine-tailed fox.
Emperor Sutoku, who became a Daitengu as a result of resentment.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Anybody notice the star wars reference with the next episode's title? as for the episode itself, flat as a pancake. We had a rather pointless competition followed by a tension-less mecha fight . Thats about it.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:Tamamo-no-mae, the white-faced golden-furred nine-tailed fox.
gee, this sounds familiar.

in all seriousness, though, I can no longer hear "Tamamo-no-mae" without thinking of the playable Caster from Fate/Extra.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I think the series tripped on its shoelaces while trying to get a decent pace going. Would have had a 1 were it not for the last 10 minutes of the show, as well as breaking the typical format of contests: Sentai wins, Monster wins, Sentai wins, Monster wins, Monster wins after super-cheating. For a few seconds I thought the monster was going to win the whole thing after the fourth round. What a twist!!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I for one am a complete sucker for primary robo vs. secondary robo fights. They're a bit of a Sentai trope, but they're so much fun. So it's really hard for me to give this episode anything other than a 5. Plus it's nice to see Shishioh in the spiritual flesh again.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Compare to event before Christmas last year, Ninninger is too boring at all. I miss how Madam Noir planned to save Gritta, or Z change to final form... These events is twist and make me want to see Toqger every weeks. At Ninninger, there are no twist event or have big battle before Christmas anymore. So only 2 months to end this series.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

so no one wants to address how kibaoni gangetsu has been dead for 444 yrs, thus! trollgrandpa must be over 444yrs old too. speaking of trollpa, he's dissolving and his time is running out he said.

the prophecy claimed that gangetsu would return as a yokai. so kyuuemon is gangetsus reincarnation. this explains his working knowledge of the kibaoni clans secrets. kyuuemon in his fights with grandpa has spoken to him like he was there at the final battle. kyuuemon is indeed a yokai correct? and kyuuemon has demostrated immense power as well. SO! it stands to reason that gangetsu doesnt want to be seen in his current form, perhap because of disgrace? he likely needs the final shuriken to get his body out its sealed location and perhaps transfer his soul to it and thats where were going. id assume.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Why do you guys think that Grandpa was the one who originally sealed Kibaoni Gengetsu?
mholden020
Gabu
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:Why do you guys think that Grandpa was the one who originally sealed Kibaoni Gengetsu?
Wasn't Gengetsu in the first few episodes though? I could have sworn he had, at the very least, a few spoken lines.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

yes the first general and kyuuemon spoke to him via a puddle in their base. gengetsu didnt seem to care who kyuuemon was, but tactics guy, tsugumori(?), he questioned who kyuuemon was. no one else. now here's the question have they spoken to gengetsu WITHOUT kyuuemon being there?
mholden020
Gabu
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

midorininger wrote:yes the first general and kyuuemon spoke to him via a puddle in their base. gengetsu didnt seem to care who kyuuemon was, but tactics guy, tsugumori(?), he questioned who kyuuemon was. no one else. now here's the question have they spoken to gengetsu WITHOUT kyuuemon being there?
It's suddenly apparent to me that the foundation for the entire series' story was drowned out by the awful-ness of the first 10 or so episodes. :shock:
Completed Series:
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

2 for me. Really slow pacing and I didn't know if they'd actually get to the point of the episode (which they eventually did). For the viewer it was pretty obvious that Mangetsu wanted Shishioh, or at least the Chouzetsu brace. Loved how Kasumi knew that Mangetsu was up to something even though it would've been really hard for her to figure out what it was.

It's really annoying that the motif for this show is to bum rush into almost everything. They know it's a trap and they're thinking about what to do when Takaharu suggests to just rush into trap and they go for it. Really? -_- I mean, it's probably the only choice they have but Takaharu isn't suggesting that because he's thought about it, he's suggesting it because it's the only thing he does. He's right for all the wrong reasons.

Things got real though, otherwise it'd be a 1.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”