Ninninger 42 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 42 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3 / 5 (7 votes)

Pretty good fight sequence this week. It's nice to see everyone get involved. I liked the old men ShurikenJin, and seeing Kasumi want to hang out on that side. She's just an old man at heart.

Grandpa's still fading away Back to the Future style. It's kind of nice to have him listen to his grandchildren. Sure, he's the master Last Ninja and all that, but that doesn't mean he's perfect or infallible. Everyone's always learning, right?

I was a little less excited about all the mecha showing up. It was just better done in the Kasumi episode where she does it.

Annnnnd, for everyone who guessed that Kyuuemon is Kibaoni's son, you got it. I can see why he'd lie to the Ninninger's about being Kibaoni's page... but why lie about it within the army itself?

Edit:
Oh yeah, it's pretty funny to be tricked into thinking that they were reusing Nekomata again. Or is it Mataneko? I thought it was weird that his voice was different in the preview last week.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ninninger 42 sanjou!

Post by xiiliea »

Warning: Critical Hurricaneger plot details
Spoiler
Seeing Shurikenger reminds me of Hurricaneger's story. We already have so many references (or copycats) from it: Mechas hiding and appearing from rotating buildings, "karakuri" mechas, guitar boy extra ranger who speaks lots of English.

Remember Gozen-sama from Hurricaneger? She was protecting something (forgot the name) in her body that gave her eternal life. When that was taken from her, she died, and it was used to summon the ultimate monster. What if it was the same in Ninninger? Grandpa's Finishing Shuriken is actually giving him eternal life, and he will later be defeated by Kyuuemon, who takes it to revive Kibaoni Gengetsu.

Also, Shurikenger is supposed to be dead...
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I was actually enjoying this episode quite a bit - the ninjas using a Youkai that popped up repeatedly to infiltrate the captured ShurikenJin, all while making a pun out of the name by having it distinguish itself from the other Nekomatas by giving it the dad’s glasses...but the Finishing Shuriken (or whatever that thing is officially called) popping up onto Takaharu’s blade for absolutely no reason soured the whole final fight sequence for me.

Hopefully the fallout from Kyuuemon revealing his true identity to heroes and villains alike will be interesting. I’m not holding my breath, because if the prophecy is true, I have the feeling that Kyuuemon may end up dying to trigger Gengetsu’s revival. I’d much rather keep the interesting villain we’ve watched all season than a faceless all-powerful villain who appears at the last minute.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I'm happy that we guessed right about Kyuuemon is a guy and not a girl.

Annnnnd...
Spoiler
Omg the real Shurikenger, not the one from the 1o years after movie
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

I'd guess the Q.E. Man was keeping his identity secret because he's been disowned or banished or something. I don't know if I like this new backstory of him being Kibaoni's son. I thought him being Yoshitaka's former student who went bad was more compelling. I'll watch to see where they go with it before making any judgments about that though.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

That mecha fight was awesome. Taking back Shurikenjin, gramps taking to the field on its throne, dad standing his ground despite not being able to consciously use any ninja techniques, and Shishio using his booze bottle in lieu of a Katana. Then the full firework of all the Haohs and a triple-armed Shurikenjin. The best fight since Kyoryu Samurai Ha-Oh vs. Akumaro.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

The second half of the episode was epic. Roll calls like this to the end please!!

Spoiler
Shurikenger? Cool! I'm guessing he'll stay in-suit the ent--Lawnmower? I'm out. I'll just read the episode synopsis next week.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Wow, with Star Wars released they decided to use the reverse-reveal instead. With Darth Vader revealing himself to be Luke's father, and the reveal in The Force Awakens, they got Kyuuemon to reveal himself as Kibaoni's son. Truly a revealing week.

I think the quality check must have overlooked this, but is Takaharu supposed to be in Chouzetsu Mode when Lion Ha-Oh is literally handling the Shurikenjin? The Chouzetsu mode is supposed to be Lion Ha-Oh's power imbued on a Ninninger if I'm not mistaken, so it's rather confusing. Not to mention that in the last episode they've shown that Takaharu can't go into Chouzetsu mode because Lion Ha-Oh is 'drunk'.....

It's weird that Kasumi is the one that wanted to join the Shurikenjin, I always thought it would be Takaharu instead that wanted to join the old man group.... :lol: :lol:
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

toni2212 wrote:Wow, with Star Wars released they decided to use the reverse-reveal instead. With Darth Vader revealing himself to be Luke's father, and the reveal in The Force Awakens, they got Kyuuemon to reveal himself as Kibaoni's son. Truly a revealing week.

I think the quality check must have overlooked this, but is Takaharu supposed to be in Chouzetsu Mode when Lion Ha-Oh is literally handling the Shurikenjin? The Chouzetsu mode is supposed to be Lion Ha-Oh's power imbued on a Ninninger if I'm not mistaken, so it's rather confusing. Not to mention that in the last episode they've shown that Takaharu can't go into Chouzetsu mode because Lion Ha-Oh is 'drunk'.....

It's weird that Kasumi is the one that wanted to join the Shurikenjin, I always thought it would be Takaharu instead that wanted to join the old man group.... :lol: :lol:
Well, Shishio could summon Lion Haoh without becoming part of it, so he probably just sent some energy Takaharu's way. I guess it is a bit like using Bunshin no Jutsu to control Shurikenjin, you are operating at reduced efficiency, but the benefit of being able to do multiple things outweighs the cost of having to split yourself.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

okay i'll admit it i was wrong about kyuuemon. there i said it.

i think kasumi wanted to be with trollpa was because it was such a weird set of pilots and her curiosity made her want to be on the wildcard team. plus trollpa used all the special armaments while shinobimaru was still on the crown.

yes lionhaoh using his booze instead of katana was interesting to say the least.
and the various waza used this week was something truly great as well!

Spoiler
yeah continuity error next week! so much for 10 years after!
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

I dont think that a shuriken appearing on taka like that took from the fight... It reinforced my belief on where the shuriken of the end is...
Spoiler
that is.. Grandpa really did die and fused with the shuriken of the end... So that now he IS the shuriken on the end.

It has been a pretty clear thing they have been showing in the past few episodes starting with the episode where kin got his red katana.

Spoiler
It also explains the firt episode where the guys think he was dead on episode 1
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So does Kyuuemon saying he's the son finally quash all the 'She's a girl' theories?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

No, theories will never die! There are as many truths and worlds as there are people.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”