Ninninger 46 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 am

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
10%
35%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 46 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 4.22 / 5 (18 votes)

Well, that was unearned. Last week was great because it focused on the action. This week is terrible because it tries to hit several emotional cues, but completely fails because there's no emotional attachment to the characters. In addition of tonal problems, Gabi's emotionless offing, Kyuuemon's ugly upgrade, and Takaharu's bad acting, it just really stunk for me.

Also, everything that has to do with Ariake is a problem. Are we supposed to feel bad for her because she's mourning her son? Because it seems like the writer still wants to treat her as a joke character. But at the same time, her son and husband are abusive of her? Plus she learns her husband had a son with another woman and basically gives no fucks about her feelings. I'm only glad she's dead now because of how uncomfortable she made me felt.

Is it just me, or did anyone else totally forget that Yakumo was in a rivalry with Takaharu?

And now for the good parts. I sort of liked it when Grandpa had a moment with Dad. Also, Nagi and Fuuka are adorable.

But that's about it, what a shit show of an episode. Normally, Sentai endings are such a highlight for me, because I love seeing the result of the team bonding over the year. You get to see some real emotion and drama as the resulting buildup of conflicts and resolutions are climaxing towards a resolve. But this is more like a mountain of mismanaged stories, characters, and wasted potential. I can't remember the last time I felt so angry about a Sentai. Even Goseiger had a pretty decent ending. I don't remember them trying to be funny during the dramatic episodes towards the end.

I mean, a major character died (or was revealed to be dead all this time, despite being kept alive). I like Shimoyama Kento fine for his comedic writing, but this guy should not have been in charge of a year long story. One star for me, this was really pathetic. I'll be doing a topic pretty soon about all the ways Ninninger could have been fixed/saved whatever. A lot of it boils down to a lack of an emotional core. So please enjoy reading that when I get off my ass to do it.

Also, it looks like our Sealing Shuriken counter on our wiki is wrong. Kyuuemon uses 5 shurikens to transform, so we're up to 45 shurikens, when I think it's just supposed to be 44. Any idea where we went wrong?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 46 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

Maybe it was the staff who miscounted.

As for the episode, I'm just going to say "ditto" and save myself time and energy trying to describe my thoughts.

Grandpa really has me scratching my head. Not that he's dead - that much became obvious a while back. Whenever they talked about Kibaoni vs. Last Ninja, I assumed it was a previous Last Ninja in the Igasaki family line who sealed him away. In this episode, moreso than any other, it sounded very much like Grandpa himself was the one who sealed Kibaoni away 444 years ago and that this fight was a rematch. Does that mean that the Finishing Shuriken kept him alive that whole time, and he finally decided to start a family in the last half-century or so when he had Tsumuji, Yakumo's mom, and the unseen parents of the other Ninningers? Or is it just hyperbole and they're referring to Last Ninja as if everyone who held the title is the same person? It's very confusing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No, Grandpa wasn't the one who sealed Kibaoni away 444 years ago. He only partially sealed Kibaoni away when he revived as a Youkai in this century. There's been generations of Igasaki since the Sengoku Era.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

So, Gramps made a virtual memo sometime in the past, okay.. One thing: if it was before the whole show, then how'd he know Kinji would join and/or not actually kill one of the team members? If it was after he joined then.. okay; still kinda dumb though.

The other part I thought was weird was how the first memo bit had a line that went like, "So, none of you took over the Last Ninja role, huh?" then he had a portion that was claiming he could foresee that they'd become it?
So, "I'm gonna end up getting killed for ReaLZ, then I'm gonna make my grandkids and friend listen to me make them feel like even more crap but it's okay because they'll fight back anyways and I know this..... because... I'm randomly psychic"??!?

Whuh?
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

I feel the episode was worth it just to see how cute Fuuka/Shironinger was piloting the mecha (maybe the only good point of the episode).
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote:Also, it looks like our Sealing Shuriken counter on our wiki is wrong. Kyuuemon uses 5 shurikens to transform, so we're up to 45 shurikens, when I think it's just supposed to be 44. Any idea where we went wrong?
Well, according to your count, up to ep 45 :
Ninningers had 40
Kyuuemon had 1 (used to revive Gabi Raizou)

This episode :
Kibaoni pulled 5 for Kyuuemon's evolution

40 +1 + 5 = 46

So it should be up to 46 anyway.

Grandpa pulled 1 from his belt before his disappeared but I don't know if that's a Sealing Shuriken.

And Ninningers vs Toqger probably has 1 too.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The messages left by Grandpa were a mess. Taken together, none of them makes sense.

Instead of tying up loose ends, this episode just created more plot holes and inconsistencies.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Can I just point out in the flashback scene where Grandpa is saying "you all worked as a team to overcome obstacles" crap, there are 14 distinct cuts. Putting aside the one where it was just a bad guy dying we have:

Takaharu: 11
Yakumo: 7
Nagi: 7
Kasumi: 7
Fuuka: 7
Kinji: 6

Cuts with less than 5 people in them:
Takaharu: 5
Yakumo: 1
Nagi: 1
Kasumi: 1
Fuuka: 1
Kinji: 2

Yeah, we're a "team".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ugh. As usual, math is a harsh truth teller.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Grandpa wrote:Yakumo is a good leader.
Nagi is a cute ninja.
Fuuka is a cute ninja.
Kasumi is very intelligent.
Kinji is good pupil.
I have absolutely no idea what Takaharu is good for, but he will become stronger than any of you.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But Grandpa, whhhhhhy?
clickman
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by clickman »

I have audio issue today on this release -HD version.
No audio on my tablet (iPad), tested on Windows VLC, it work but I did need to adjust audio sync by 3.1 sec
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We are fixing the problem right now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Whoops, that's definitely on our end. Hold on a sec and we'll get it fixed.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Just two more episodes... still not feeling anything about the show.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”