Kaigan KR Ghost 24

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
11%
5%

Total votes: 19
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 24

Post by njb »

eijiman wrote:Well, now that is out i can say it was pretty dissapointing, the best part was the weapon comparison, probably a subtle jab at Bandai's lack of imagination. Man i hope Toei somehow finds a way to give the finger to Bandai about the driver s and weapon design.
1. Wait, Bandai makes the weapons and other toy-related props, not Toei?

2. Kanon Counts: 8 Alain-samas, 4 Oniichans, 3 Takeru-kuns

3. In 18:07, who is Jigoku Taishi??? Some shocker dude I'll guess

4. Yurusen chooses if s/he can be seen or not? Kinda strange that Yamato didn't act surprised (I don't believe he saw Yurusen when he was at JyuohWild)

5. Hmm, since the Goemon eyecon showed up when Takeru was still in Grateful form, that means Specter (assuming he'll live) / Necrom can still use them after the initial transformation?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

JIgoku Taishi is Ambassador Hell and yes, he's Shocker, he even was in Dai Shocker in the Decade movie.

About Kanon, it's a change I guess. I don't understand why people are so fixated on who Kanon call, it's gotten ridiculous, much more than what she's doing.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

njb wrote:5. Hmm, since the Goemon eyecon showed up when Takeru was still in Grateful form, that means Specter (assuming he'll live) / Necrom can still use them after the initial transformation?
When did it show up?
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Zychotic wrote:Is the show just going to ignore the second 99 day time limit? Takeru has access to all 15 eyecons so he could make his wish to come back to life yet there are still 60+ days left.
Well, from what I can remember not only is his life, is his dad's life too. But with Grateful's power they just could make their wish, the eyecons disperse and then Takeru transforms into Grateful so he has the eyecons back.

I'm surprised that Kanon was actually useful, BTW she found Alain extremely fast, never challenge her to hide and seek. And Shibuya and Narita appear, I think the writer just remembered that they live there (I had to check the wiki to remember their names)
nanamarfo wrote:Grateful's ability's are cool. I like he can summon Ghosts.

This did do a decent job as a standalone episode.

Spoiler
And what is Kamen Rider 45th anniversary project?

The worst team-up, but Ghost continues to it consistent run of episodes.

On an unrelated-note,if I want to get into Garo, what season should I start with? Gold Storm?
Yeah, the parkas with a full body seem very cheap at first but now they have been really useful.

I think it will be a series of videos where they'll talk about a show premise, with a show off of their powers.

Speaking of the anniversary project, this episode never mention how Takeru knew the Shocker monsters, I mean they could make mini-episodes like Surprise Future to explain it, oh wait they did it but it was just big advertising for useless business cards. I prefer Chase's license. And JyuohEagle just appeared out of nowhere, it was a coincidence? Imagine Takeru fighting a Ganma a then just appear Den-O or Kiva, you know for possesing people and halloween themed rider.

And about Garo. I started with Yami wo Tera because I wanted to see Decade as a villain, but I can tell you that is horrible and is not necessary, in GoldStorm there is only 1 reference from Yami, and it's just 30 seconds-long so don't worry. I recommend the first series since the Saejima saga is the one with more series and movies so better follow that continuity.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

To make up for the Yamato cameo (which I can't help thinking was filmed before Zyuohger filming ever began), the KR writers dropped the "Ganma-Emperor-guy-isn't-dead" bomb. 5 of 5 stars for working major plot into a crossover episode.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by njb »

Yaiba wrote:
njb wrote:5. Hmm, since the Goemon eyecon showed up when Takeru was still in Grateful form, that means Specter (assuming he'll live) / Necrom can still use them after the initial transformation?
When did it show up?
Err, sorry--it happened in my dreams, I think (I rewatched and cant find it... ... )

I'll change it too
5. 242 cm = 7 ft 11 in, seems a bit too tall for the porcupine shocker (was this translated correctly?)
Watching:
- KR Saber
Finished:
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote: I'll change it too
5. 242 cm = 7 ft 11 in, seems a bit too tall for the porcupine shocker (was this translated correctly?)
242センチ 92キロヤマアラシロイド

I thought it was weird too but it's in the transcript. Maybe they're including teh quills?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

njb wrote:
eijiman wrote:Well, now that is out i can say it was pretty dissapointing, the best part was the weapon comparison, probably a subtle jab at Bandai's lack of imagination. Man i hope Toei somehow finds a way to give the finger to Bandai about the driver s and weapon design.
1. Wait, Bandai makes the weapons and other toy-related props, not Toei?
Apparently yes, Bandai has at least a very important part in the making.

On other things, Now that we have another crossover with Ghost, did you notice that Takeru's personality was changed? in the Drive movie, Ghost seemed somewhat more serious, and somewhat more creepy. in the series he seemed to be somewhat a carefree guy, maybe they tought he would be very Deadpool like? Now he is like a very sensitive guy. or is it just my idea?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

eijiman wrote:On other things, Now that we have another crossover with Ghost, did you notice that Takeru's personality was changed? in the Drive movie, Ghost seemed somewhat more serious, and somewhat more creepy. in the series he seemed to be somewhat a carefree guy, maybe they tought he would be very Deadpool like? Now he is like a very sensitive guy. or is it just my idea?
Actually I was talking with an industry insider recently and he said there wasn't a really good reaction to Ghost during the Drive movie so he got a bit of a retool before the series actually started.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by njb »

Lunagel wrote:
eijiman wrote:Drive movie

What Drive movie did I miss!?!?
Watching:
- KR Saber
Finished:
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote:What Drive movie did I miss!?!?
Surprise Future
Luq_Kun
Favorite series: Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: OOO and Double
Dreamy: Moune (Gosei Yellow)
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Kana Boon
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Final Fantasy XV
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Luq_Kun »

Hmm.. where to start?

The episode wasn't bad.. but it wasn't that good. They should've gave the crossovers more meaning instead of just, "hey! I was just in the neighborhood when suddenly you were being attacked by suited men! Let me help"

Well, at least there was some development to the story, such as Takeru and Alain working together for a common goal, just like Goemon predicted! What? You think i didn't remember him? It was pretty sudden that he would come though..

Grateful's ability to summon the luminaries was epic af! Team up with Decade's Complete Form.. and you get yourself a Rider Army! Suck on that Shocker.. or was it Neo Shocker.. no wait, it was Nova Shocker.. dammit Shocker! Make up your damn mind!!
Currently watching:
Ghost, Jyuohger, Hibiki

Finished series:
Kuuga, Kabuto, Decade, Double, OOO, Gaim, Blade
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Lunagel wrote:
eijiman wrote:On other things, Now that we have another crossover with Ghost, did you notice that Takeru's personality was changed? in the Drive movie, Ghost seemed somewhat more serious, and somewhat more creepy. in the series he seemed to be somewhat a carefree guy, maybe they tought he would be very Deadpool like? Now he is like a very sensitive guy. or is it just my idea?
Actually I was talking with an industry insider recently and he said there wasn't a really good reaction to Ghost during the Drive movie so he got a bit of a retool before the series actually started.
Oh, that is pretty interesting indeed, I suppose it was the same for his second time in drive wasn't it?

By the way, have anyone noticed that Takeru no longers hugs people?
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

The trouble with putting a kind of "meh" episode after such a great run is that it makes the former look pretty bad. I really wish they'd at least take Onari seriously when he's taken over (in fact, that way it may be even funnier when he goes back to normal). I think the repeated, often unnecessary comic relief is one of the things that keeps the show from going the extra mile and becoming a really 5-star show. Anyway, I thought that the bits with Alain were really good while a lot of the other points were rather disappointing. Takeru's ability to summon Luminaries is pretty neat, though, and I'm glad the Grand Emperor's back.

One of the biggest issues, in my opinion, was that JyuouEagle (only around a fifth of Jyuouger's total power) was implied to be around as powerful as Grateful Damashii even without Eagle's Gorilla form. Unfortunately, the crossovers in both episodes seemed like little more than mini-commercials for the other series largely unrelated to the main plot, rather than *genuine* tie-in crossovers. At least they kept the continuity from the Jyuouger episode rather than having to introduce themselves to each other all over again; that would've been pretty bad.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
rabboud
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: YES it`s my stage... understand?
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by rabboud »

Luq_Kun wrote: Grateful's ability to summon the luminaries was epic af! Team up with Decade's Complete Form.. and you get yourself a Rider army.
only if decade complete can summon a diend complete. decade can only summon one person at a time and only in the final form for so far i know.
but want some pure RAW power??!
gimme a diend and a decade purple crown!

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”