Kaigan KR Ghost 24

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
11%
5%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 24

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: ( votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 24

Post by Yaiba »

Shocker has a more prominent role here than in Jyuohger, but JyuohEagle's appearance is totally unnecessary.

Summoning the luminaries out to fight with him is kinda cool.

I'm starting to think that Adel is just a fill-in boss who will be get rid of fairly quickly.

Does the writer also has an Oniichan-complex or something? Why does even the random guests also need have an litter sister yelling "Oniichan"?
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

Best crossover episode ever, wait sorry I meant the worst. Clearly there was no point to the crossover, it was just, hey let's do this because we did it last year but......maybe not.

As expected, last week was just a tease of the Grateful form. Summoning the eyecons to fight alongside Ghost is actually pretty cool. I guess technically he could summon 15 eyecons at once, I feel sorry for the Ganma that has to face that.

Is the show just going to ignore the second 99 day time limit? Takeru has access to all 15 eyecons so he could make his wish to come back to life yet there are still 60+ days left.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Somehow they managed to come up with the only thing less exciting than not having a team-up: a team-up with no purpose. The fact that it wasn't a one-hour special like the last two spring break specials says it all: this wasn't treated as a real team-up, and as a result they did the bare minimum with the concept. If this is all Toei is going to do in future years, it would be better to stop entirely.

And really, this episode overall was one big snooze. Since the MOTW was Shocker as well, the actual amount of plot development was minimal. Ghost and Necrom realizing that they may need each other is a development, but it's hardly enough to anchor what's otherwise an unnecessary episode.
Yaiba wrote:I'm starting to think that Adel is just a fill-in boss who will be get rid of fairly quickly.
Agreed.
Zychotic wrote:Is the show just going to ignore the second 99 day time limit? Takeru has access to all 15 eyecons so he could make his wish to come back to life yet there are still 60+ days left.
I am really starting to think that the writers have given up on it. It served its purpose in the first arc, and now it's just an artifact they're stuck with. And someone needs to address the fact that Ghost is stealing Necrom's eyecons whenever he uses Grateful...
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I don't think this episode was really so bad, especially since there seem to be a lot of "coincidences" that one would hope actually help tie the two series together beyond these two episodes. For the first part, I kind of ignored Ghost's appearance, but feel JyuohEagle's participation in the second part was decently written under the circumstances. It would have been far worse had the entire sentai shown up, and it actually FELT like he was just out running some errand (tracking down a cube in a neighbouring city again, perhaps?).

The fact that Takeru had to try and explain the whole giant robo thing leant a little continuity and further suggested that they may live in separate locations, but aren't necessarily that far apart. Converely, the Heisei Riders tend to know nothing about previous Riders until the now-obligatory Showa crossovers, so one would expect the Japanese government is just very good at sweeping things under the carpet. After all, if everyone keeps forgetting about J (and he's not exactly easy to miss), I'm sure the government just makes people dismiss kaiju battles as mass hallucinations or something. Come to think of it, that was an actual plot point in Nexus and a couple other toku...

But I do find it interesting that there are a number of strange coincidences showing between the two series. The similarity of blades was brought up quite blatently this episode, but we also saw more cubes and even a cube-shaped force field. Or am I the only one noticing the growing number of cubes as we see more and more of the Ganma World? I swear, with all the cubes and spheres this year, I'm just waiting for Zelda to attack the Jyuohgers with an army of Cubes and Adel to start fighting Ghost with Zeroids.

At least the Shocker troops had better costumes this time. I rather liked the main antagonist's design. His haphazard but detailed costume reminded me a lot of The First/Second's Shocker costume designs.

While the crossover could have been cut out of Jyuoh easily enough, this time it actually had some effect on the plotline by bringing the realisation that Alain can be an ally towards a common goal regardless of trust. Sure, this could have happened any number of other ways, but it at least shows the writers were making some sort of effort to do something useful with a two minute (give or take) crossover appearance.

As for the countdown, I think it might still have its purpose. In the first arc, it sped by insanely fast, but now we're seeing some interesting complications to suggest that there will be consequences when Takeru comes back to life. First of all, he will likely lose access to the dragonba... I mean, luminary eyecons. Second, Alain's waning power could be partially a conseqence of being alive, in which case Ghost is going to have to start using a colour timer every time he does a henshin. Third, we already know Takeru has a habit of forgetting about himself whenever it actually counts, and he's about to become the only dead Rider left of the trio after this rescue. Maybe at that point he'll start paying more atten... oh, wait, he still has to save the Ganma World from itself... >_>
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

As a standalone episode? Good
As a teamup? Pretty bad though....

Grateful's ability's are cool. I like he can summon Ghosts.

This did do a decent job as a standalone episode.

Spoiler
And what is Kamen Rider 45th anniversary project?

The worst team-up, but Ghost continues to it consistent run of episodes.

On an unrelated-note,if I want to get into Garo, what season should I start with? Gold Storm?
NOMarfo
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

nanamarfo wrote:
Spoiler

On an unrelated-note,if I want to get into Garo, what season should I start with? Gold Storm?
The 45th Anniversary Project is the Ichigou Movie.

As for Garo, just start at the first Garo. Gold Storm is a continuation of Yami wo Terasu Mono so starting there is a bad idea.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

Phoenix512 wrote:
nanamarfo wrote:
Spoiler

The 45th Anniversary Project is the Ichigou Movie.
I meant the thing next week.
NOMarfo
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

Somethings I realize in this episode:
- Drive handle sword and Ninninger katana also have similar design (spinning the handle, shuriken)
- Grateful Damashii is pretty similar to Decade Final Form: summon other ghosts (riders) to fight, and do a double finish with the summoned ghosts (riders)
- Grateful Damashii now does not have to do a long-ass 15 clicking to do the finish, just one click now (maybe they got lazy :P).
- Eventhough Takeru does not own Grimm and Sanzou, they still fly to Takeru when he uses Grateful Damashii.

PS: does anyone thinks it would be a good idea if they make a cross-over special where the juohgers get possessed by the eyecons ?
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

....You know, these crossover episodes were better when they took a page right out of the old Super Sentai VS series, and not the early Kamen Rider ones where each rider has their own story and then there's the last bit in the end where they team up.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, now that is out i can say it was pretty dissapointing, the best part was the weapon comparison, probably a subtle jab at Bandai's lack of imagination. Man i hope Toei somehow finds a way to give the finger to Bandai about the driver s and weapon design.

If you ask me, it would have gone better if done later maybe, so the 5 could interact with the 3 riders. Somehow i think that Tusk And Makoto would get along fine.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

PTM966666 wrote:PS: does anyone thinks it would be a good idea if they make a cross-over special where the juohgers get possessed by the eyecons ?
I think tht would be quite fun to watch, although I'd rather it only be one or two of the Jyuohgers an not all five. Tusk would be a great pick if the eyecon was a joker. Or give a serious eyecon to one of the cats who are both something of slackers). I would rather not see a cliche pairing (such as Musashi and Red), though... But it would have to be a full-length feature, not episode-length in order for it to gain uch support.

To be honest, I'd watch such a crossover just so I can enjoy the complaints of how ugly they are because they don't have anything beautiful (round) to paint! I was quite sad that the writers didn't think of it in either of these two eps.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

And Toei, what's your obsession with baseball?
NOMarfo
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Not much to say about the episode, the monster looks cool, though.

Huh, Takeru doesn't need to own all of eyecons to use Grateful... well, I suppose it was silly to think otherwise.

Grateful can summons eyecons spirits to battle?! Now that's even cooler.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Indeed. When I'd first heard about that, I thought it was going to be just the Parka Ghosts that could be summoned in to help, flying around in full CGI. I didn't expect it to be the full-bodied versions, that's pretty neat!

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”