Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Remake episodes 16-22?

Post by takenoko »

I've got the tapes for these episodes. I remember there were some bad video problems in some of them. Does anyone remember which episodes they were? If so, I can probably do a new encode for them
yami
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Re: Remake episodes 16-22?

Post by yami »

although i don't exactly remember which episodes had the 'glitch' but I would like to see a re-encode, if its not too much trouble.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but which episodes did they happen? I don't want to do all of the episodes again, just the broken ones
yami
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by yami »

One episode that i have found with a glitch is Episode 14 at frame 18:29 to 18:38. The frame flickers and a pinkish split screen appears. Not sure if this is relevant since you asked for episodes 16-22 and this is episode 14.

Also the same thing happens on episode 15 at 11:45 and then again at 23:59 to 24:08, but I don't think this really matters as this is just in the ending song, but just letting you know.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If it's just those two episodes then I won't be able to do anything
Hell Kaiser21
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Hell Kaiser21 »

Please take a look at episode 20. The image is very shakey in the first 5 minutes of the episode. If it's not too much troble, please re-encode this one.
Also, like yami said above, there are glitches in episodes 14 and 15, but it's not so bad, so it's cool if you can't do anything about it.
Thanks for eps 25 and 26, and please don't take too long with 27 and the movie! Thanks
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Alright, just 20? Last call, speak now or forever hold your silence XD
Hyperion
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Hyperion »

The sound at the end of Ep. 21 when "ashita moshi kimi ga kowaretemo" is used as an insert is kinda messy at some points. Can you do anything about that?

I have work, but I'll check the other episodes when I come back so please hold on a little.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably since my tapes are completely different from the ones used for those encodes. I'll wait on your feedback before doing anything. Thanks for responding.
Hell Kaiser21
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Hell Kaiser21 »

I really don't think 21 needs re-encoding. The sound isn't that messy, it's barely noticeable! On the other hand, 20 really needs a fix!
Scarlet Paladin
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Scarlet Paladin »

Dear Everyone,

I have been reading this thread and I agree that out of episodes 16-22, the ones that need the most attention are episode 20 and 21.

I think it's a good idea redo episode 20. In the current version, the picture appears to move like a "wave" left and right throughout the episode. You can notice this during scenes where the characters stand still. Since you, takenoko, are generous enough to consider redoing these episodes, may I also make some suggestions?

Throughout the episode, did you intentionally use "Bocchama" in the subs instead of replacing it with something like "Young Master" or "the Young Master"?

And at 3:29, Seto says something that you don't translate (there's no text in the subs at this moment). I think he says "wasuretanoka."

At 3:55, you forgot a period. "Cocoon open." :wink:

Finally, at 16:42, the subs have "The dome reads your thoughts... and it becomes real." Should it be "and they become real", since you are talking about the thoughts (plural)?

As for episode 21, between 22:59-23:13, there are lines on the screen, the sound quality drops, and "HI-FI" notice appears. Hyperion already mentioned this. This section of the video is messy, but the rest of the episode is pretty clean in my opinion. Whether you want to redo or not is your decision of course. If you decide to redo, I also have some suggestions for your consideration.

On the title card at 2:09, it says "It's complete! The Ultimate Gameland" in the picture, but says "It's complete!! The ultimate Game Land" in the subs. I think you should make them say the same thing, to be consistent.

At 11:51, Anzu says "I see... Yuugi has..." I am wondering if this should be "I see... Yuugi doesn't..." as in, "doesn't know about his alter ego," as she later says in 12:57 ("But Yuugi doesn't know himself... Should I tell him?").

And finally, at 17:35, the person says "I have kung-fu like Dragon 1". I am a little confused by this. Does he mean "I know kung-fu like Dragon 1"? Or does he mean "I have learned kung-fu like Dragon 1"? I think he says "minitsuketeiru."

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I hope you are not upset about my criticisms and you understand what I am writing about. Thank you, takenoko, for considering to redo these episodes. Many subbers would not even think about going back once they are done.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks Scarlet Paladin. I incorporated your comments and gave you QC credit.

I'm putting 20 in qc now. I think the quality of the encode will please you guys
yami
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by yami »

sorry im kind of slow but has a newer version of episode 20 been released? :wink: I am not seeing it anywhere, so was just wondering, thanks!
Hyperion
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Hyperion »

Agh! So sorry for the delay in response. Scarlet Paladin pretty much nabbed my complaint for Ep. 21 and then some. The other episodes have minor video/audio errors that are too small to justify a second release.

Return to “Yu-Gi-Oh”