Ghost & Drive: Chou Movie Taisen Genesis released!

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:20 am

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆
27%
☆☆
47%
13%

Total votes: 15
JustiFanV2
7X

Re: Ghost & Drive: Chou Movie Taisen Genesis released!

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, though there was definitely some problems and plotholes/continuity issues as people have already mentioned. I've found that time travel stories do this a lot though and I've kind of learned to just accept it'll happen and roll with it. I don't know, maybe I'm become desensitized to these kind of flaws.

Most disappointing was the return of Kamen Rider Jun - I'd known it was coming but I was under the impression he was actually going to do something this time round... alas no, just as pointless as before really. :( Obviously it's all played for laughs but I wonder, is Kamen Rider Jun just purely Honganji's nickname for himself or does Toei officially acknowledge him as a Kamen Rider? If it's the latter, most useless Rider ever?

And I'm almost sorry to say it really but whilst watching I couldn't help thinking to myself: "Hey kid Takeru, did your parents ever warn you about stranger danger? These are two grown men you've only just met, yet you and everybody else seem to be perfectly okay with the three of you taking a bath together?" I assume it's not so much of a taboo or whatever in the Japanese culture but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have seen that in an English/American equivalent.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The bath thing is typical in Japan. There's public bathhouses and hot springs where people can bathe together.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Yeah, Takeru's Dad is an awesome dude, I wish they actually made an adult Kamen Rider in the future.

I kinda liked the Takeru/Takeru interactions, But the story was very bad written.

And am i the only one dissapointed with Hibiki not making a Cameo?
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

This entire movie felt rushed. Too much comedy, bullshit situations and crazy-contradictions all over the place. I'm all in for space-time distortion stories and all the feels were there but they need to hire new writers at this point. We need a new type of story. Also, this movie was made too early 'cause they obviously didn't have enough plots or ideas to work with on Ghost's side. And Saionji shouldn't even be alive here but that's on the list of the many contradictions.

The entire casts of both Drive and Ghost blend pretty well together, which was interesting. I liked how everyone actually had a fight scene. I didn't know Kiriko could fight. This movie justifies the Surprise Future movie with Tomari's son which I also thought was cool. Overall, I would compare this to X-Men: Apocalypse where I enjoyed it purely because I'm a fan but it was definitely rushed to Hell, made too early (should've waited until the Ghost series had gotten farther) and could have been much better.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Did you forget the few times when Kiriko was fighting Roidmudes with the boots of awesome kicking power in the series?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Phoenix512 wrote:Did you forget the few times when Kiriko was fighting Roidmudes with the boots of awesome kicking power in the series?
I think the writers did
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Phoenix512 wrote:Did you forget the few times when Kiriko was fighting Roidmudes with the boots of awesome kicking power in the series?
Yes. You'll have to tell me the episode for that so I can watch it, lol. It also would've been cool if it were an alternate universe where the Drive Driver actually worked on Kiriko and she becomes Kamen Rider Drive whereas she failed to do so on that special DVD episode.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Episodes 16-17 and 34.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

eijiman wrote:And am i the only one dissapointed with Hibiki not making a Cameo?
Is it cause it's 10 years since Hibiki? Sigh I am still sad regarding Hibiki.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

darkmage02 wrote:
eijiman wrote:And am i the only one dissapointed with Hibiki not making a Cameo?
Is it cause it's 10 years since Hibiki? Sigh I am still sad regarding Hibiki.
Actually it is more because the year in which Takeru and Shinnosuke arrive. It would have been a nice cameo to have that year's current rider appear at least in the news or join them for a fight.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

eijiman wrote:Actually it is more because the year in which Takeru and Shinnosuke arrive. It would have been a nice cameo to have that year's current rider appear at least in the news or join them for a fight.
Ahhh I actually didn't notice that. Yah it would have been awesome, though it won't be possible for the cast to look the same like they did 10 years ago, unless Hibiki only appears in Rider form but that did take away most of the nostalgia without seeing the actual actor.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”