What Main Heisei Kamen Rider has the worst design?

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet

Worst Main Heisei Kamen Rider Design

Poll ended at Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:32 am

Kuuga
9%
Agito
9%
Ryuki
9%
Faiz
No votes
Blade
No votes
Hibiki
No votes
Kabuto
No votes
Den-O
No votes
Kiva
No votes
Decade
36%
W
No votes
OOO
No votes
Fourze
18%
Wizard
No votes
Gaim
No votes
Other (Drive or Ghost)
18%

Total votes: 11
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

What Main Heisei Kamen Rider has the worst design?

Post by Phoenix512 »

With the recent pictures of Ex-Aid and the general opinion that it's the worst design ever, it got to me thinking what is the worst design for a main Heisei Kamen Rider ever is. At least for me, I think the designs are pretty good except for the pink color of Decade. There is a reason why I called him the Rider in Pink for years.

Due to the poll restrictions, only the first 15 have their own selection. If you pick Other, please post in the thread with your choice of Drive or Ghost. Also I'm not going to entertain Ex-Aid because it's not really fair to judge him just on still pictures alone.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: What Main Heisei Kamen Rider has the worst design?

Post by Catastrophe »

It's a tough call. Most of them have some appeal to them. If the design looks odd then the colouring is usually good and vice versa.

I can't say I think any of them are the worst, but I think Ryuki is the least appealing for me. Something about it doesn't really give me the rider vibe.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I absolutely love the series, one of my favorites, but I gotta vote for Fourze. He looks like a weird-faced astronaut more than a Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I love Decade, but designwise he's so bulky and oddly designed. So I picked him.

Not a fan of the green on Ex-Aid's chest piece, but his head design seems to go for some kind of retro 90s anime intent, so I can get behind that.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

This, was a tough call for me. At first I wanted to say Ryuki, but I think that was more based on my dislike of the series than the suit itself. Then I thought 'well how about theme wise?' and I thought Agito might be that, due to it, for me, not really getting across what made Agito itself compared to the other Riders on the list, but I still rather enjoyed his design over all. I don't think I minded Decade or Fourze at all as much as other members on the forum, Decade had a very dramatic look despite being pink and barcodes, and Fourze... I'm more accepting of silly or goofy than others I think. In the end, I think Ghost might have the worst design just from how, completely bulky his base form is.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Monsoon
Gao
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HOTS
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Monsoon »

I have to say Fourze. I get that he's supposed to look like a space shuttle, and he does, but it's an unflattering, ugly design. It's a pretty good KR show, but it has an ugly main suit.
Can't Stop the Monsoon - a blog mostly about video games, now featuring occasional Super Sentai reviews! Latest tokusatsu piece is my top ten Super Sentai series.
Gezora
Number 6
Number 6
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Gezora »

Catastrophe wrote:It's a tough call. Most of them have some appeal to them. If the design looks odd then the colouring is usually good and vice versa.

I can't say I think any of them are the worst, but I think Ryuki is the least appealing for me. Something about it doesn't really give me the rider vibe.
It didn't occur to me really until you brought it up, but I think I have to agree with you.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

I didn't see this in time to vote, but if I had I would've voted for Fourze. I don't hate his suit design, but it has the least "Kamen Rider" look about it to me, and is very awkward when compared to other Rider suits.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger

Return to “Kamen Rider”