Ratings Poll: Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How are you finding Jyuohger?

☆☆☆☆☆ It's a beast
17%
☆☆☆☆ Roar
32%
☆☆☆ Animal
39%
☆☆ Helpless animal whimper
8%
☆ Belongs in a cage!
3%

Total votes: 59
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ratings Poll: Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger

Post by takenoko »

Blackcondorguy wrote:If you will bear with my rambling a little longer, I think the last 2 shows prove how much people were wrong for saying that ToQger was bland, childish or uninteresting. While I do think it was a good show anyway, it seems obvious how better it was in terms of writing, storytelling, characters and entertainment. I can't help but feel that people who thought ToQ was bad got what they deserved with Ninnin and Jyuoh!
Totally agreed! Toqger was way undervalued and it was the last time Kobayashi's been on a toku project in a while, I think?
Millsy
Favorite series: Zero-One | Donbrothers | Dyna | Makai Senki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O | Lupinranger VS Patranger | Decker | Gold Storm
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by Millsy »

I so badly want to keep my initial 4 rating for this season, especially since it blew me away for the first 20-ish eps. I remember initially just wanting to skip over this season after seeing the penny-tee designs and the cube stacks, but after giving the first ep a shot (and also hearing the OP) really got me invested in the show.

And then it like, turned to nothing.

What else can be said other than it shoved everything to the very last minute. They'd start up interesting storylines, and then leave them alone for 10 to 30 eps, only to bring it out once we've forgotten about it.

I'm also really sad it ended up being another redshow, although the one thing I can say is that I actually really liked Yamato's character. Even though it was a redshow, at least who they were focusing on was actually ok. I could not stand Ninninger's redshow, what with every time Takaharu shouted "I'm on fire" in the blandest way possible. I didn't really find much in King either in Kyoryuger, but I felt that sucked even more because having 10 rangers on a team and only focusing on one is just...

not good.

[PLS for the love of god kyuuranger don't do this don't suck I'm banking so much on u]

Of the 2011 up seasons, I'd put it at fourth after ToQger and before Kyoryuger. I'm really dissapoint I have to bring my vote down to a 3, but that's the rating is deserves.
watch ultraman ginga it's actually a really fantastic show
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So the final's been out a few days, and here's the most recent averages. It's dropped to 3.45

4.11 (9 votes)
3.63 (27 votes) Feb 7
3.45 (49 votes) Feb 11

For comparison:
Gokaiger 4.66 (80 votes August 18, 2015)
Go-Busters 4.08 (63 votes August 18, 2015)
Kyouryuuger 4.02 (48 votes August 18, 2015)
Toqger 3.59 (58 votes August 18, 2015)
Ninninger 2.50 (121 votes)
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

it was the last time Kobayashi's been on a toku project in a while, I think?
Did she write Amazonz or am I completely mistaken?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, I think you're right. I totally forgot about that since we've got it listed under streaming video.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

This is a 3/5 for me the story was so bad and Genis looked like a really interesting villain at first but we never got a flash back or background story about his origin, how he conquered other planets or anything else. Yamato was a decent red but not as good as Marvelous or Takeru but thankfully we didn't get another Alata or Right.
Final Vent!
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

The series gets a 2/5 for effort in trying to make "some" parts of the show interesting.

The show was very similar to Zyuranger, and is as bad as it as well.

It had a nice start, but then devolved quickly into random event of the week. The show was like 85%filler, and 15% plot.

It was also one of those shows were the mechas/toys are never given a proper explanation and are just shoved into your face all the time.

The reason i didn't give it a 1 was because of Misao's character. It was a new type of character not seen as a hero before. And i liked how they got many parts of depression and angst correct. I might have read too much into it but i'm fairly certain Misao had an interest in Tusk cause there was obvious nods here and there, like in the episode with Tusk's "girlfriend".

So, Misao's character was a nice point, and the design of the Jyuoh cubes' dormant form. Other than that, the show was a drag to watch.
DERPDERP91357
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by DERPDERP91357 »

This series was so...bad. It's like the screenwriters just gave up halfway and let monkeys do the writing.
The last couple of episodes in particular was like a giving the middle finger to fans and kyuranger...giving Red even more power ups(for no reason), enemy boss randomly fires an arrow from his oddly shaped ship(named after a constellation we will probably see in kyuranger), screwing with sentai continuity (are gokaiger and kyuranger in different universes now?).
I know people hated Kaiza but ZyuohBird did absolutely nothing except try to kill himself repeatedly. And Naria...NO THANK YOU!! Someone also needs to fire the person who suggested that the mechas be made of cubes...bet they had fun playing with the trains from Toqger too....
Despite Misao being one of the few redeeming features of the show...can anyone actually remember what he actually does in the second half excepting fishing? And why is fishing related to his Zyuman power (It surely has nothing to do with Rhinos, gators and wolves)

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”