Kaigan KR Ghost 45

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
40%
☆☆
No votes
20%

Total votes: 15
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 45

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote:Frey and Freya from the Rider Spirits YouTube miniseries. No, watching it won't explain why they're there.
Life was so much easier when I just had to worry about the movie tie in references without being able to see the movie. Now look at all this extra homework I'm expected to do to understand shit.
Arashi1984
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite Band: DUSTZ

Post by Arashi1984 »

I just watched the episode and couldn't believe what i have seen at 10:03. The writing in the notebook Igarashi gave Akari are german words for the most part of it. :shock: :lol:
/me nearly falling of my chair
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

KANON DID A THING! Okay, so she bought takoyaki nd then tie her shoe... wait, that's two things... KANON DID TWO THINGS!

I forget, did anything else happen this episode? -_-;;

On a side note, "takoyaki power" makes sense. Alain's despair was healed thanks to takoyaki, and he won his first big battle while eating takoyaki. So poor, sheltered Kanan - whose interest in Alain is FINALLY getting some attention again - figured that's the best food to boost morale and solve the "soldiers marching on an empty stomach" dilemma.

Can we be done with Ghost now and just give Aria a Magical Girl series so we can enjoy her henshi... I mean, so she can actually use her ability to henshin? (yeah, umm... that's what I meant.. honestly!)
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

This is my first time actually keeping up with an entire Kamen Rider series, and will most likely finish it. Not counting Amazons, since that was a short spin-off series. Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever? Again, I can't tell since this is the first time I've watched an entire series. Could the plots of the previous Neo-Heisei series have been worst than this?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well Wizard was pretty awful
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

Victormaru wrote:This is my first time actually keeping up with an entire Kamen Rider series, and will most likely finish it. Not counting Amazons, since that was a short spin-off series. Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever? Again, I can't tell since this is the first time I've watched an entire series. Could the plots of the previous Neo-Heisei series have been worst than this?
Lunagel wrote:Well Wizard was pretty awful
Ghost is much worse than Wizard (which I actually liked) IMO. The side characters weren't nearly as annoying & useless as Onari & them, & Wizard at least had a coherent plot. Plus, if nothing else, Wizard had great insert songs. I think Wizard's main flaw was wasted potential, but I'd say that's even more so the case with Ghost.

As for this episode, I feel like it would have been kind of good if I cared about any of the characters at all. Or understood why anything was happening...
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

Victormaru wrote:This is my first time actually keeping up with an entire Kamen Rider series, and will most likely finish it. Not counting Amazons, since that was a short spin-off series. Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever? Again, I can't tell since this is the first time I've watched an entire series. Could the plots of the previous Neo-Heisei series have been worst than this?
try watching hibiki
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Indeed. At the rate things are going, in a few weeks we'll be arguing whether Ghost or Wizard is the worst post-Decade season.:|
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Takeru never joined Adel in trying to kill off all of humanity because the villain asked him nicely, so that already puts it higher than Wizard for me.
Victormaru wrote:Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever?
Kabuto, Kiva, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Wizard... nah, a lot of other Rider shows beg to differ.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I was wondering recently if Ghost was a victim of bad math? You have 46 episodes and the arcs are in general two episodes each so you have 23 arcs. Suppose you have four arcs centered on the main character, one each for secondary characters (Akari, Onari, Makoto, Alain, Kanon, Javert, Aria, Adel, Takeru's father, Alain's father), and four episodes for movie tie ins, cross overs, and seasonal stuff. You have already blown through 18 arcs and have 5 arcs left for the development of the luminaries. So why have 15 luminaries?
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

As someone who actually enjoyed watching Wizard, I need to step up to its defense. Wizard was enjoyable to watch.
That said, I do think it is a bit short on rewatch value. There are simply not that many memorable moments between characters that draw you back to it, like in Kiva or W or Fourze or Gaim or Drive.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:Takeru never joined Adel in trying to kill off all of humanity because the villain asked him nicely, so that already puts it higher than Wizard for me.
I object.
Spoiler
Haruto was not that sociopathic. He just was hopelessly naive to believe that Wiseman's ritual would only take his life, despite him having been a victim of the last Sabbath himself. When he found out that Fueki wanted to eliminate humanity, it was too late, he was already chained to his post.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Spoiler
It was that "hopeless naivety" that made it awful, though. Haruto should've been more suspicious of the whole thing or put up more resistance towards Fueki's plan. Also, didn't he do it because of Koyomi? That's an issue in itself since Makoto Okunaga (the actress) wasn't around long enough to make anything be effective. So, as-is, it all came off empty and it kinda makes him seem kinda selfish and/or pretty dumb.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So everyone is going to turn into Adel? What the hell has this plot become? I'm just counting this down because this show wasn't good.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

chronoxiong wrote:So everyone is going to turn into Adel? What the hell has this plot become? I'm just counting this down because this show wasn't good.
Well Adel wants to make the perfect world. And in his mind he's the perfect being. So what's more perfect than a world full of copies of him?
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

When is Igor gonna realize no one gives a shit about him anymore?

Aside from Adel's mother and Takeru doing another disappearing act, this episode felt like filler and the next week's looks to be filler as well. Kinda just waiting for the next series at this point.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”