Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Re: Ultraman X the Movie Released

Post by mantis »

I freaking loved it and wish TV-Nihon would pick up more Ultraman entries but I do want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for subbing this. Regarding Mxylv - I would have to agree Orb was a bit of a disappointment but I am curious to see what they do with the Origin story. Funny how CR will grab the one series but then leave out the prequel which of course leaves me to wonder how serious they are in acquiring the property. Orb was lacking in any real character development or dynamic. I guess they tried to go with throwback storylines but that really is lost with the 2016 generation considering most of them will have to do a web search on any relevance (Hell even I didn't get some of them and I am big fan of the series).

I guess on some social media sites people love Orb and dislike X. Does anyone else feel the opposite?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I love them both, for different reasons~

And I don't think Crunchyroll even had a chance to license Orb Origin. Pretty sure Tsuburaya made a deal directly with Amazon for that one. So, I can't fault them there, however I will question why Crunchyroll never grabs the license for the films!

Now I just need to hope those "worldwide English subs" come to fruition... c'mon Mr. Tsuburaya. :(
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

One website said the Origin Saga would be available in "Spring," but I can't find any other sources: http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003440802

In regard to X vs Orb, I also think they both had different upsides. X in general felt like a mixed series (neither in a particularly good nor bad way) in that it had a whole lot of MotW episodes and the overall tone depended on the director. In contrast, Orb felt like a more consistent series with an established tone and a more naturally flowing story. I enjoyed X more overall, but I think Orb's storytelling style is the general direction I think they should continue to go in (although I think they should reconsider their execution).
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Personally I felt dissapointed with X since the mixed nature of it turned me off, characters felt disappointingly meh like Daichi and the others, except for Tachibana, Director Maki, his real name is slipping my mind, and the alien professor whose name is also slipping my mind. I like how X looked as a futuristic Ultraman and but X himself felt bland and him being a walking toy advertisement, the Ultramen that had a crossover with X made me wish I'd watch them over X, maybe not Ginga, and it felt like a MOTW show with no story, it didn't help me since it was my first Ultraman series.

Orb I felt was a much better series over X since I liked some of the characters like Gai, Juggler, and Naomi. the other SSP team members felt ok, the seijins felt meh as badguys though I did love the final monster.

I may give X a second chance after I watch the other Heisei series, Nexus is off my list and I loved it despite the cut planned episodes, if not I will forever mark X as my least favorite Ultraman in the Heisei series
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Post by mantis »

I thought Orb's storytelling was lacking actually. It's possible that with Origin they'll explain Naomi better but I felt her character was missing something. One thing that bothered me was at the end **SPOILER ALERT** they explain she figured out Gai was Orb all along from a feeling she got. It felt like they totally forgot about that portion of the story and were like oh crap we better throw this in. Her assistants were half-assed at best and it seemed like the writers just kind of let those characters go like they just stopped trying to figure out who Orb was. Juggler could have been cool but that laugh of his was actually grating on the ears and what was the whole point of him and the space crime syndicate? The Magata no orochi was cool looking but that had to have been one of the most anti-climactic end battles I've seen.

I guess I prefer the feel of a squadron or team battling monsters alongside Ultraman rather than a rag-tag team of kids trying to get hits on a social media site. As of late it seems like it is definitely a marketing ploy to sell toys with them reusing monsters and just upgrading Ultraman. I would like to see them bring back different monsters like some of the Nexus, Max, or Dyna ones.
urielv59
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by urielv59 »

I really liked the move but does anyone know the name of the song that plays when Sky Musketty and Space Musketty are attacking Antlar during the big three vs three fight?

Return to “Ultraman”