Kaigan KR Ghost 49

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:35 am

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 31
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Kaigan KR Ghost 49

Post by Yaiba »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 3.3 / 5 (18 votes)

Not a bad ending, all things considered. The frustrating things of this series were discussed in the previous episode threads, but this episode actually makes me glad that I have stick to this to the end.

The pacing was good, everything (kind of) got explained, and everyone made a final appearance.

My only complain was Aria decided to sit in an empty room and wait for the world to be saved, without even trying to help.

I'd complain about Makoto and Alain sitting out the final fight out because of plot, but Takeru's fight with the luminaries is just too awesome to complain. This final fight is not just mindless explosions like in a lot of the movies, it shows that they are a team and supports each other (although they could have shown us how this have developed in the 48 episodes before). The final moment where he flew with the luminaries like in the opening is also a nice scene.

And there's something about giving up the God-like power to return to a normal human. I'm actually happy for Takeru when he feels hungry again, that he can be normal and hang out with his friends again. It is a nice, warm ending. And I love how Takeru is so happy to be able to eat again (Now I want an onigiri)

Onari, the cat is growling at you, stop patting it.

Don't tell me Takeru and Onari never saw that capsule in the temple.

Also, the suit actor of Cubi guest starred as human Cubi, that's super cool.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 49

Post by Zychotic »

For this series, I would consider that a high quality ending. Takeru had the option of being pretty much a powerful immortal spirit but chose to be a human instead. Now if they focused on that throughout the series, for example say Takeru is having doubts about reviving because of all the good he could do as Ghost, then yeah, that would have had a bigger impact.

Without a doubt the best part of this episode is the reveal Yurusen was a cat. I laughed at that. It never occurred to me that animals could become Ganma as well.

As for next week, I'm not a big fan of having the final episode as an epilogue. I much prefer using the Movie War films as an epilogue. I prefer waiting a few months to then see the cast come back and they can then tie up any small loose ends.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Kanon, you idiot. Everybody's getting zapped to oblivion, who the f**k stands up, smiles, and waves at their friends at a time like that??? I also expected Javert to bust out with, "So this is my place to die?", but I still miss Toqger so that's kinda sticking with me... :cry:

So to the episode as a whole: *standing applause*

That was the perfect way to end the show, in my opinion. Does it save the series for me? NOPE, not at all, but a nice and tidy wrap-up to everything is going to leave a good memory for me. The final fight, while it did seem extremely similar to that one in the Decade movie, was quite good as well. For starters, I like that Takeru did not use a powered-up form in the final fight. The series constantly focused on Takeru's good soul, so to bring it all to an end using the eyecon that was the representation of his soul was very fitting. Doing that with the Mugen or the Toucon eyecon wouldn't be quite as meaningful. Plus, he did that in the presence of the luminaries, something I saw as a showing that he'd become a luminary as well.

It's a shame, because I thought this episode was really good, a stark contrast to the previous 10 episodes or so. This almost seemed like a completely different show to me, and it's probably simply the lack of severe complexity. After episode 48, I wondered what this episode could possibly have been about, but now I'm glad that they did get rid of all the crazy storylines and simply focused on what the show presented initially. Had the events of episode 48 happened in this episode, this would have been an utter disaster.

Yurusen was a cat.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by mholden020 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

To me this episode was a dissapointment, maybe because i was expecting so much more, For example, everyone fighting, not just waiting for Takeru solve everything.

Good thing was the bike stunts, it reminded me of Kuuga's Bike-fu.

Well, Ghost finally over.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

mholden020 wrote:Kanon, you idiot. Everybody's getting zapped to oblivion, who the f**k stands up, smiles, and waves at their friends at a time like that???
Someone who was happy to see someone she knew hadn't gotten killed in all the chaos? Her and Cubi were pretty good friends, it makes sense she'd react like that.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Zenuku5 »

I am satisfied with this one. I am with pretty much everyone in that this dragged on excessively for a final arc. But as a finale it all came back to what Ghost was about during the earlier episodes. Takeru as a person, the ore icon, and the luminaries. The way it wrapped things up was neat and tidy. The twist with Yurusen being a cat was adorably fun. All in all after way too many lack luster episodes leading to this, I am at least happy ghost had a satisfying ending. My one complaint is I would have liked them to play the op over the fight scene then pick up with the 'second half' when takeru is falling mirroring the opening sequence instead of only during that one moment. That and the fact that this entire arc dragged on obnoxiously leave it at a 4 for me instead of a 5 for an otherwise flawless, in my opinion, finale.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the HD file's audio is not in sync for mine. It's about 5/6 minutes ahead of the actual video.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Zenuku5 »

lennyhouston16 wrote:I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the HD file's audio is not in sync for mine. It's about 5/6 minutes ahead of the actual video.
That was version one. They released version two before advertising ghost was up, which was fixed. Just go to torrents and get v2 instead, I can verify it is good.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Zenuku5 wrote:
lennyhouston16 wrote:I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the HD file's audio is not in sync for mine. It's about 5/6 minutes ahead of the actual video.
That was version one. They released version two before advertising ghost was up, which was fixed. Just go to torrents and get v2 instead, I can verify it is good.
Thank you!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:Not a bad ending, all things considered.
That about sums up my thoughts as well. Truth be told, I want to give this episode a 5, because as a stand-alone episode it does a lot of things right. On the other hand you have Aria, who has gone on to rival Kanon in her uselessness.

If nothing else, this episode delivered on the fights. The giant CGI monster feels like it would be more at home in Sentai, but otherwise we got some excellent hand-to-hand fights with both the Mugen and Ghost fights.

Since most of the episode was fighting and characters cheering on Takeru, I'm not sure there's much else to say about this episode in particular. We did finally get to see Takeru's mom, which is nice. It does invoke Ryu, however, and I can't help but think that had he been alive, he would have solved the Ganmizer problem 10 episodes ago with a hatchet. :lol: And I'm disappointed Toei couldn't let Ghost have his own damn finale to himself, and save the Ex-Aid cameo for next week.

So I guess Igor did in fact die in the previous episode? Considering he was in eyecon form, I'm more than a bit confused what happened there.

Oh, and speaking of confusion, someone (maybe a scientist) should sit down with Takeru and explain the birds and the bees. It's not really "love" that creates life. :shock:

Finally, I must have missed this somewhere: did they ever explain why the bodies in the ganma word were disintegrating? At the very least we kinda-sorta got an explanation on the girls (they're seemingly the physical embodiment of the Great Eye)
Silverwolf
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: o_O
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Silverwolf »

I was a tiny bit upset that this was (almost?) the end of Ghost.
Surprising as it was that Yurusen was a cat... o_O, ..guess they couldn't afford?[or didn't care much?] to get a feline that wasn't stressed out with acting. =\

I'm looking forward to the next Kamen Rider, looks interesting. :3
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I was hoping that Ghost would at least have a good ending, and that I got. Yeah, random Ex-Aid (or was it supposed to be Dark Ex-Aid considering his colours) cameo was random even if it was kind of funny.
It was interesting that Takeru fought against the combined Ganmaizers in his base Ghost form. Like mholden020 said so was it fitting.

I wonder how it came that Takeru or Onari never found Sennin's coffin when it seemed to have been in a not so hidden room. Wait? Yurusen was a cat? OwO

Just the special episode left, and we will then move on to Ex-Aid.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

...and done, this is the first kamen rider series that I watch as it aired. Hell this is my first KR show that I finished period. I guess there's still one more ep for crossover.

Can't say it was great, but it HAS great moments... I think.
Last edited by Rifaz on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

The rider that appears with Deep Spectre and Necrom is Kamen Rider Genm from Ex-Aide.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

JujinSan wrote:The rider that appears with Deep Spectre and Necrom is Kamen Rider Genm from Ex-Aide.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”