Kaigan KR Ghost 49

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:35 am

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 31
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 49

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm with everyone, good ending. Probably a lot better than most was going to give credit for a month ago.

The final fight was pretty good.... we didn't need Love Bomber. I will however put the finisher in my top ten rider kicks. It was very well shot.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kuchiri wrote:I will however put the finisher in my top ten rider kicks. It was very well shot.
It was a very good use of wire-fu. They did an actual flying kick* instead of holding a guy up in front of a green screen and compositing it. Toei may finally be figuring out wire-fu. :D

* I'm actually not 100% sure how the heck they got Ghost to fly level like that for such a long distance, which makes it extra impressive
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

I'm not sure what I hated more -- Javert becoming a device to save Alain, or Cubi and the Music Ganma failing to serve any purpose at all.

So Alain and Makoto failed to clear the initial wave of Ganma mooks fast enough to help Takeru? Wow. And this time the rest of the gang... just watched :/

Yurusen being a cat was cool. *meow* Also, was it explained why Edith's "capsule" is in the Daitenkuu Temple? (I think I missed it)

I guess this episode can be considered good but only because it is compared with other Ghost episodes.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

njb wrote: was it explained why Edith's "capsule" is in the Daitenkuu Temple? (I think I missed it)
I believe it was the episode where Sennin's real identity was revealed, though it's kinda partial on where it was but he said it was hidden in a safe place AKA the Daitenkuu Temple
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

YEah, that last fight with base form was great, i forgot to say. Can anyone make a gif out of that?

BTW where from is Alains accent? also was i the only one that noticed just to this episode that Alain does not have a Bike?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Alain speaks pretty standard (although formal) Japanese. The actor's from Shizuoka so it's your typical Tokyo accent.
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

personally I liked the episode and I can kinda understand why some of the cast was left as background cause in the final fight what could they do but cheer on, as for Makoto and Alain not lending a hand in the final fight it was packed enough as is it was in essence sixteen versus one. I liked how each of the luminaries timed their little speeches with each other as they fought and I have to agree with Kuchiri that was an impressive kick. I think what happened with Edith's capsule was that it was in an area of the temple no one was permitted to enter I got a chuckle when he started to complain about his back and got a bigger laugh with yurese-neko!
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Love Bomber was underwhelming. Grapefruit and Boost should have made an appearance in the final fight somehow, as a goodbye to those forms. Especially Boost, considering how Takeru talked about how his dad was with them.
Gyro/Jairo/however you spell Takaiwa Seiji's character was totally pointless. At least Kanon and Aria were leftover scrap from earlier plot lines.

Other than that, perfect episode.
RuneDragon1985
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Saa, omae no tsumi wo kazoe ro."

Post by RuneDragon1985 »

mholden020 wrote:I also expected Javert to bust out with, "So this is my place to die?", but I still miss Toqger so that's kinda sticking with me... :cry:
Wait, what? That was ToQ6?! WHAT?!?!?1 How in the hells did I not realize that?! I will never look back on this series the same way again.

OK, my thoughts for this semi-finale; All things considered, this was a really good ending. It had a lot of good action to it, the final boss was big and threatening, and really brought the whole Ganma world fate to earth full circle. I really liked the suit design for it, too, lots of gold and a threatening stylized helmet almost looking like Ghost's looked really cool.

I'm kind of confused as to why the Great Eye turned into a giant Golden Snitch at the end, though. Maybe Kouta Kazuraba needed a Golden Snitch for a game of Divine Quidditch? I dunno. I'll just chalk it up to aliens misconstrued as Gods or something, I guess.

AND DAMN IT ALL AKARI JUST KISS TAKERU ALREADY, COME ON! Geez, I haven't seen that much romantic tension since Shinnosuke and Kiriko! KIlling me here.

Over all, it was a great episode to end an altogether great series on. I was kind of surprised Yurusen turned to be a cat. It's a nice little twist.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I have to admit, I expected a lot of this episode to be like the last one (great until you think about it on the forums) with a few more nice moments, but this was actually really great. I think we could have done without the Love Bomber as a deus ex machina/one hit takedown, but beyond that, this was actually pretty good. The scene with Takeru's parents was very well done, as was the final battle with the Luminaries and Takeru's revival. I think the revival would have been a lot stronger if they'd actually talked more about Takeru's experience as a ghost (e.g. not being able to be hungry) previously in the show, but it was nonetheless very well done.

I have a hard time believing Sennin's coffin was in the middle of a hallway in the temple and that the others went well over half a year without noticing it. That said, I loved the reveal about Yurusen; unlike Edith's reveal, I think it makes a lot of sense. Also, I miss Edith. At least one advantage to the show being over is that I won't have to keep saying that. Overall, though, I'm surprised and really impressed about how strong an ending Toei were able to pull off, despite how lackluster the rest of Mugen had been.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

RuneDragon1985 wrote:
mholden020 wrote:I also expected Javert to bust out with, "So this is my place to die?", but I still miss Toqger so that's kinda sticking with me... :cry:
Wait, what? That was ToQ6?! WHAT?!?!?1 How in the hells did I not realize that?! I will never look back on this series the same way again.
No no no, he's saying it would've been cool if Javert said that. That's not TOQ6's actor, it's GekiChopper's actor. Totally different guy.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

RuneDragon1985 wrote:
Huh? ToQ6's actor, Nagahama Shin, is not in this series. Javiert's actor is Sotaro, who is GekiChopper.

Edit: Beaten by Luna. This is what I get for walking off :lol:
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Honesty This is was a perfect way to end the series for me.

How much you enjoy Ghost depends on how much you enjoyed Decade. The characters are great, but, damn the story is shallow.
NOMarfo
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

For the first Kamen Rider series I also watched through, this was...OK. The series had plenty of issues, but this ending mostly made up for them. For all the times I snarked over this and previous episodes, (Takeru, can you remember your parents after you stop the giant monster from killing people?) I still wanted Takeru to come back to life. The final fight was cool, and I really liked Takeru's decision to be normal again, instead of have power. The show's overall lesson, to live life to it's fullest, really stuck with me, and it's important for the kids watching as well.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Aria's character would have been better written. She mainly at there to act as moral compass of Adel and even that didn't work out. Kanon was pretty much Makoto's and Alain's moral compass but atleast she did a fine job being that. Edith's capsule being hidden at a higher level of temple makes sense since everything was going on at basement and probably Takeru's father arranged it that way it would be in a secret room that is not too obvious.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”