Kaigan KR Ghost 50

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:41 am

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
4%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
32%
18%

Total votes: 28
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 50

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 3.88 / 5 (24 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 50

Post by Yaiba »

First off, this epilogue is totally not necessary other than the sole reason of showing Ex-Aid. At least Drive gave a nice epilogue story.

Now that's out of the way, I'm so confused about this episode.
1. Who's the boy?
2. He clearly knows Takeru is his answer, so why does he thinks the Shakariki Sports Gashat is the power he's looking for?
3. He has the power of the Great Eye, that means he has unlimited power. He should be able to literally change the world.
4. Why is Genmu trying to attack the kid in the first place? If he didn't he wouldn't have his Gashat taken and this whole episode wouldn't happen.
5. Why can Takeru still transform? The Ore Eyecon was his soul, and should be empty now that his soul is back in his body.
6. Akari doesn't need to go to school/university/whatever? How old is she?
7. Where's Yurusen?
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Guess it's a lot of things to be answered in the Movie War this December, woohoo! (sigh)

Anyway, aside from it being a pointless epilogue, I like the calmness/seriousness I felt from Ex-Aid, but matched with the look of the rider, I just can't.
Going to sit through it anyway, because I've done it for every other Heisei rider.

Speaking of, I actually forgot he's our 18th Heisei Rider. Man...we're really that close to the 20th? Hopefully they've got good plans.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I liked this episode, yeah, lot's of things make no sense, but i saw something that dd not happen in all the series, character growth
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

Originally I gave this a 4...but after thinking it over some; kind of only a three for me. It wasn't the worst episode, but I do agree with some that it was kind of unnecessary in a lot of ways beyond basically literally saying where everyone is going now that the ganma threat is over with. As a send-off to ghost, it was lackluster and i'll admit I am ALMOST talking myself into going down to two. But the episode's saving grace is in fact Ex-aid himself for me. I am SUPER hyped up for him and can scarcely wait to see how his story starts off and this has only gotten me more hyped by seeing him in a fight even if it was a little lackluster given he had to share the fight with Ghost.

On a slightly unrelated note, Ghost's OP honestly didn't wow me when I first heard it and even now it's still my least fave neo-heisei op song. Ex-Aid's OP however already has me kinda pumped for him which might honestly only be further dragging ghost down for me. Excitement for something better coming along making what you have here seem less than it is. So I am gonna hang on and say this episode was a three. Was FAR from the best or even necessary but frankly could have been worse...and now I shall proceed to thump my head against the wall until Ex-Aid Ep 1 has been subbed!
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Yaiba wrote:First off, this epilogue is totally not necessary other than the sole reason of showing Ex-Aid. At least Drive gave a nice epilogue story.

Now that's out of the way, I'm so confused about this episode.
1. Who's the boy?
2. He clearly knows Takeru is his answer, so why does he thinks the Shakariki Sports Gashat is the power he's looking for?
3. He has the power of the Great Eye, that means he has unlimited power. He should be able to literally change the world.
4. Why is Genmu trying to attack the kid in the first place? If he didn't he wouldn't have his Gashat taken and this whole episode wouldn't happen.
5. Why can Takeru still transform? The Ore Eyecon was his soul, and should be empty now that his soul is back in his body.
6. Akari doesn't need to go to school/university/whatever? How old is she?
7. Where's Yurusen?
The boy is not necessary connected to the Great Eye,that person is supposed to be Frey/Freya. I thinks he comes from Frey's world, where Takeru is some kind of god-like figure (if in the main series wasn't enough), so he came to Earth to know him.

I don't get what Genm was trying to do, it seems that we'll have to wait what kind of functions the Gashats have without a belt to see what power they have (or pretend that this episode never existed).

Not only he can't use his soul, the Eyecon System is supposed to not work anymore since the Great Eye is not here anymore, the eyecons should be useless.

Akari is just one year older than Takeru.

And the cat escaped so he wouldn't have to be in another episode of Ghost.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

453145 wrote:
Yaiba wrote: 1. Who's the boy?
The boy is not necessary connected to the Great Eye,that person is supposed to be Frey/Freya. I thinks he comes from Frey's world, where Takeru is some kind of god-like figure (if in the main series wasn't enough), so he came to Earth to know him.
I don't get what Genm was trying to do, it seems that we'll have to wait what kind of functions the Gashats have without a belt to see what power they have (or pretend that this episode never existed).
The boy is implied (if not outright confirmed) to be Takeru's son. Why?/how? No one knows, I'm personally hoping that the next Movie Wars clears it up, if not, then something else.

Also, Genmu's a jerk. :P His suit's potentially meant to be a joke on palette swaps from older video games, so he's a swapped Ex-Aid.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ghost has had so many ridiculous plot twists and turns (oh right the paranormal investigators it's been like 20 episodes?) that I have stopped giving a fuck. I got kind of a "I'm your kid" impression from the child but I can't honestly bring myself to care because the writers clearly don't.

It's done it's gone and I don't have to translate it anymore.

What HBV? What Specter V-Cinema? *plugs fingers in ears* LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I like the way these recent KR series have made a point to link together each of the stories in some way. I get the feeling that they're going to cash in on these crossovers with the 20th Heisei Rider....unless they do absolutely nothing with it at all.

This finale was a bit strange, I'll admit, but I've grown tolerant of Ghost adding random stuff for no reason. I simply saw it as the set up for the next movie and, in a way, a "handoff" of sorts since it seems like Takeru was able to relax at the end knowing that his ideals will be carried out by his successor. Then it totally got ruined by the broken 4th-wall at the end....come on.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I think if the series as a whole had been better, then this episode would have felt more meaningful and interesting. Instead it's the superfluous epilogue to a series that had many of us biding our time waiting for it to get over.

I do think this episode did some things right; the character moments are legitimately golden. They're just coming about 20 episodes too late. On the other hand, pretty much everything involving Ex-Aid is a bit of a non-sequitor, with its own problems as Yaiba points out.

Meanwhile, someone needs to slap Takeru upside the head. Akari is the one that has always worried about him the most, she's offering him "private tutoring," and she quickly points out how much quieter things will be without Takeru's rider-buddies around. The subtext is overflowing.:o

Random observation: they were having a lot of trouble with the background noise on the boom mic in this episode; it's very noticeable since that doesn't usually happen. It's not like this was a second-rate clipshow or the like, so I'm curious why they dropped the ball this week. (It also reminds me of Gaim's finale, which had a similar problem)
Yaiba wrote:6. Akari doesn't need to go to school/university/whatever? How old is she?
She's one year older than Takeru, and has clearly already completed college. An early graduate, perhaps?
Zenuku5 wrote:On a slightly unrelated note, Ghost's OP honestly didn't wow me when I first heard it and even now it's still my least fave neo-heisei op song. Ex-Aid's OP however already has me kinda pumped for him
Agreed. We've only heard bits and pieces so far, but I like what I'm hearing.:) KR hasn't had a really good OP since Fourze.
Lunagel wrote:What HBV? What Specter V-Cinema? *plugs fingers in ears* LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA
I like that they're continuing with the V-cinema releases, but I really wish they'd hurry up. We're still waiting on the second Drive release, and Spectre isn't due for another 7 months. There's something to be said about striking while the iron is hot, before the audience forgets all about the series and gets caught-up in the new series.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This felt a bit unnecessary except for showing what happened to the main cast (and Javert) after the end. But Ex-Aid stuff were honestly pretty good and makes me want to see the first episode next week.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

If I had to sum up the episode in two words, they'd be "confusing" and "unnecessary." First of all, unnecessary. Nothing really happened here--Genmu gave a gasshat to a kid and got it back, Ghost and Ex-Aid beat up some expendable enemies you'd see any day, and they set up for the V-cinema. I'm kinda getting used to Ex-Aid's appearance, but I'm not really sure about some bits, such as his jumping ability--an interesting idea, but I don't think it actually pulls off the action-packed effect they were going for. The episode also falls to the stereotype of first-appearance character(s) making the current characters look weak. Whenever there isn’t fighting, though, the episode feels surprisingly low budget--possibly because so much just takes place at the temple, though I'd also presume they're saving the budget for the start of Ex-Aid. Beyond that, Ayumu really needed more work in my opinion. I didn’t see him do much except say essentially the same thing repeatedly until Takeru showed him the light; we still have no idea why he thought that (maybe it's explained in the V-Cinema?).

Speaking of unexplained mysteries, on to "confusing." First of all, I don’t think they explained how Takeru can still summon the Ghost Driver. There's also a bit of philosophical inconsistency (as though there wasn't enough so far): Onari says that he and Takeru inherited Ryuu’s ideals, but didn't Alain say ideals killed the heart two episodes ago? Finally, at the end Onari is left sobbing on his own, and then everyone breaks the fourth wall cheerily. I’m sorry, I just can't. Two stars.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I was watching this episode with a little bit of dread, thinking that the little kid was going to be a Chiba-Usa type character (and be Takeru and Akari's kid from the future).
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

You know, I was just comparing this one to the drive ending crossover, In drive Ghost appereance was to give Shinnosuke a "I dont need any external help I can do it by my own" moment. But in this one Ex-Aid did not add anything, they just took time from the show to present the next rider that will be shown next week.

Which raises some questions:
Does the kids actually need fighting in every episode? To me this episode would have been a 5 if they have focused on the lives of everybody, instead of the random appereance of some shitty brat and some out of nowhere riders.
Is it really necesary to show the next rider one week before? I understand that they sometimes make adjustements, like Ghost from the movie being too scary, but now it's kinda late so they could wait for next week, and pretty much nothing would happen.
Why could'nt Takeru go Mugen or Boost on Ex-aid ass and just obliterate him?
Mxylv wrote: There's also a bit of philosophical inconsistency (as though there wasn't enough so far): Onari says that he and Takeru inherited Ryuu’s ideals, but didn't Alain say ideals killed the heart two episodes ago?
Well, there are good ideals and bad ideals, Anyway I think it would have been more correct if Alain had said Ideologies, which are different to ideals and are more akin to what Adel and his father were following.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

In the end Onari just gets screwed over by everyone? Like I get it was supposed to be played for laughs but he gets ditched by his dumb students because they realised how useless he was for Javert. Who for some reason gets to be in the final shot waving to the camera rather than someone more important.

Oh well. Thank fuck it's over.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”