Kaigan KR Ghost 50

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:41 am

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
4%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
32%
18%

Total votes: 28
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 50

Post by ViRGE »

eijiman wrote:Does the kids actually need fighting in every episode?
It's Toku; elaborate fights is part of the genre's base DNA. If you took out the fighting (and thus the need for special effects), then what you'd have wouldn't be Toku.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You need the fighting. When it's done well it's fantastic.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

ViRGE wrote:
Zenuku5 wrote:On a slightly unrelated note, Ghost's OP honestly didn't wow me when I first heard it and even now it's still my least fave neo-heisei op song. Ex-Aid's OP however already has me kinda pumped for him
Agreed. We've only heard bits and pieces so far, but I like what I'm hearing.:) KR hasn't had a really good OP since Fourze.
They've all been good since Decade, imo. Ghost's being the bottom, and Gaim just slightly above that.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

eijiman wrote:Is it really necesary to show the next rider one week before? I understand that they sometimes make adjustements, like Ghost from the movie being too scary, but now it's kinda late so they could wait for next week, and pretty much nothing would happen.
I doubt it's necessary but, Toei clearly likes doing it (Onore Decade~).
Also, just bouncing off but was it ever confirmed that "Ghost from the movie {was} too scary"? I've never heard that outside the forums here, so I just wanted to ask.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

*still a few episodes back but just, has two cents or so to throw it*

I think it's cute, just, just DARLING that people think questions bout an epilogue that seems to make no sense will be answered in the next movie the Rider will be in. Closest we had for that was End of Decade, and I guess OOO's movie crossover with Fourze? Still, just... mmmm. 'don't worry we'll know what that meant like, three months from now, no worries.' Adorable.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

And your point is...? This is an episode clearly designed to lead somewhere, whether into Ex-Aid or the next Movie War (Takeru got the Ex-Aid eyecon, credence~). Now, could the next Movie War not answer anything? Sure, but I don't see why we should just not discuss it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They need to stop forcing this crossover shit in the series. They already have the movie for it. It's just dumb.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:And your point is...? This is an episode clearly designed to lead somewhere, whether into Ex-Aid or the next Movie War (Takeru got the Ex-Aid eyecon, credence~). Now, could the next Movie War not answer anything? Sure, but I don't see why we should just not discuss it.
My point is... ... We've had those before. We've had series that ended 'clearly designed to lead somewhere' before. Faiz, W, Kiva, guess what? They didn't. Like I said the only real example of an ending clearly designed to lead somewhere, was Decade. The argument could be made that OOO was meant to lead somewhere leading to it's crossover with Fourze, but yea that's my whole point. When a show ends on the hook of 'oooh new things are happening where will this lead' the answer tends to be 'nowhere cause the show is over now'.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
eijiman wrote:Is it really necesary to show the next rider one week before? I understand that they sometimes make adjustements, like Ghost from the movie being too scary, but now it's kinda late so they could wait for next week, and pretty much nothing would happen.
Also, just bouncing off but was it ever confirmed that "Ghost from the movie {was} too scary"? I've never heard that outside the forums here, so I just wanted to ask.
Something Official no, but they also said it in the Kamen rider fanpage on facebook. And well, it might be truth since Ghost was kinda creepy, he was rocking back and forth while standing, the black myst and eye symbol, his voice and his fighting style. He resembled more a japanese ghost there. But I still think it was exagerated to think that t was enough to scare children.
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

eijiman wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Something Official no, but they also said it in the Kamen rider fanpage on facebook. And well, it might be truth since Ghost was kinda creepy, he was rocking back and forth while standing, the black myst and eye symbol, his voice and his fighting style. He resembled more a japanese ghost there. But I still think it was exagerated to think that t was enough to scare children.
I wish this series had a more darker tone instead of just eyeballs & obnoxiousness. It's ridiculous that a show with a ghost theme was less serious than a show with a fruit theme.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Well, I guess watching the next kamen rider early is a treat.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

eijiman wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Oh, so it's just fan conjecture; okay then.
Kogashi wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:And your point is...? This is an episode clearly designed to lead somewhere, whether into Ex-Aid or the next Movie War (Takeru got the Ex-Aid eyecon, credence~). Now, could the next Movie War not answer anything? Sure, but I don't see why we should just not discuss it.
My point is... ... We've had those before. We've had series that ended 'clearly designed to lead somewhere' before. Faiz, W, Kiva, guess what? They didn't. Like I said the only real example of an ending clearly designed to lead somewhere, was Decade. The argument could be made that OOO was meant to lead somewhere leading to it's crossover with Fourze, but yea that's my whole point. When a show ends on the hook of 'oooh new things are happening where will this lead' the answer tends to be 'nowhere cause the show is over now'.
Oh I see. Yeah. put like that, I get what you're going for.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added another reply
Roz JC
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Quote: State of Spiritual Nothingness Makes Even Fire Itself Cool

Post by Roz JC »

Yaiba wrote: 1. Who's the boy?
Am I the only one that heard the child mutter "Otou-san" as he disappeared into the eye portal?
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
453145 wrote:
The boy is not necessary connected to the Great Eye,that person is supposed to be Frey/Freya. I thinks he comes from Frey's world, where Takeru is some kind of god-like figure (if in the main series wasn't enough), so he came to Earth to know him.
I don't get what Genm was trying to do, it seems that we'll have to wait what kind of functions the Gashats have without a belt to see what power they have (or pretend that this episode never existed).
The boy is implied (if not outright confirmed) to be Takeru's son. Why?/how? No one knows, I'm personally hoping that the next Movie Wars clears it up, if not, then something else.

Also, Genmu's a jerk. :P His suit's potentially meant to be a joke on palette swaps from older video games, so he's a swapped Ex-Aid.
Almost sure that the boy said Otosan when he was disapering , unless i am lip reading wrong
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

Roz JC wrote:
Yaiba wrote: 1. Who's the boy?
Am I the only one that heard the child mutter "Otou-san" as he disappeared into the eye portal?
No you are not

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”