Jyuohger 37 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 37 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.64 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt title: Let's set things up for JyuohBird to appear, then end the episode

I hate how immediately after Yamato's leg gets hurt, he runs after Misao. You can see him jogging into the place where Misao is. Then that doesn't matter at all until he needs to get hurt for plot reasons. It's just such a lazy oversight.

I like the stupid cap design of the monster of the week.

Oh man, Bado's back. JyuohBird is sort of a lame name! Given his transformation, maybe JyuohPhoenix? Also, what is this stupid gesture, it looks so dumb:

The octopus head has a surprisingly sweet beard. Then you notice that he's got a giant block for a head like The King of All Cosmos.

An okay episode, more of a setup for the end than anything else. Man, this series is really hurting for character moments. I give this episode a 3.

"Two, wheneverPoochie's Yamato's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Poochie Yamato"?"

Edit: Oh, the theme for JyuohBird is pretty good. Is it based on JyuohEagle in any way, can anyone tell? You can hear it in the junction before the episode. (Hopefully people watch the episode first and the bonus stuff after)
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Re: Jyuohger 37 released

Post by TorchWood »

So, what plot twist are they going to throw in? It is, after all, approaching the period of the Honolulu Marathon.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably that birdman is Yamato's dad, since Yamato is the god damn center of this world.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

I have some thoughts about JyuohBird, but I'm not sure if I should say them now or wait for next week's episode when we see more.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i liked that little misao meeting larry moment. in his suit with a basket of bananas, which pleased larry, i kind of hoped he'd laugh it off but its a kids show. though if larry didnt like bananas that would have been awesome.

go! windmill of endless missiles!

i liked Bado's costume. yeah its an orange yamato, with gold. but im glad he isnt a gold ranger as being the heavenly monarch and gold would have been cliche. we already knew he had an eagle riser chain sword, so him being similar to yamato shouldnt be that much of a shock, ESPECIALLY, since he is the source of yamato's jyuman powers. as a final note, he's basically a timefire without being a red.

i bet AkaOrange is glad he finally has another ranger's powers now ;)

Spoiler
the spoiler for next week pretty much gives it away
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:Also, what is this stupid gesture, it looks so dumb:
It's what all of them have done in the morph/henshin animation sequences just before the helmet forms and the torso graphics show up on the suit. It's usually blown out and harder to see because of the graphics and light flashes though, this is the first time it's happened without fancy stuff dancing around so it's easier to see.

I still don't understand how this show can be seen as completely Yamato-centric.

Yo yo yo...we gotta deal with that annoying monster for another week....yo........
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

mholden020 wrote:I still don't understand how this show can be seen as completely Yamato-centric.
Name some story arcs that aren't about Yamato? I can think of maybe two?
-Misao getting over his emo
-Sela making Leo respect her instead of not taking her seriously
-Cubal's revenge plot

I like Tusk and Amu a lot, but they literally have nothing going on. And Leo only exists to be a foil for Sela's plot, which hasn't ever been revisited.

Yamato on the other hand:
-Anything to do with his relationship with his uncle
-Rivalry with Bang Ray
-Mysterious back story with Bado
-Any story involving Yamato's friends
-Any story where Yamato becomes the focus of the episode, like when he became the damsel or the hurt one in this story
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:
mholden020 wrote:Name some story arcs that aren't about Yamato? I can think of maybe two?
You've got a point there, but it's nearly impossible to have a story-line that is centered around another member because of how the plot is written. There's no way that any of the four Jyumen could have a short-term arc because they have zero connections to the Human world. They don't know anybody, they don't have anything, they're just trying to go home. By that sense, the entire show is built around those four trying to go home, and Yamato is trying to help while Misao sulks in a corner. It's been hinted a few times that the four spend most of their time looking for the final mark of the king so they can go home, and we see the moments where they aren't strolling around searching.

I genuinely don't see Yamato front-and-center in most of the episodes, but he does sit just behind whoever the episode is focused on, and for that I point to the plot saying that the Jyumen are new to the world, in the same way an alien landing on Earth would need a human to figure out what's going on. It's somewhat like Gai's relationship with the Gokaigers, in that he was the only Earthling, the only one who knew of the Super Sentai, and thus he became a very central figure in that season. Think of Gokai Christmas, the silver/red combo, and how he was the reason why each episode happened at all since he knew of the Sentai teams.

There's a difference between unnecessarily focusing on one character and involving him or her in every story, and requiring a character to be the center-point because of the plot. Ninninger did not require Takaharu to be focused in any way, but he was. To a lesser extent, Magiranger didn't have to push Kai so much, and Kyoryuger put some extra attention on Daigo for some reason. Shinkenger centered around Takeru because he was the leader by blood. He was also the first to get the power-up, and was the only one to get that ridiculous sword-thing. Jyuohger has done something similar in placing Yamato as the only useful human, and the Jyumen's only tie to their home world. Since he is central to the plot, and isn't unnecessarily thrust ahead without reason, I haven't seen the show play out with him as the focus of everything.

HOWEVER, I completely see the ending of the show pulling a Toqger and placing the entire ending on Yamato. Birdman has clearly got something going on that we don't know, and it's becoming more and more likely that he's the reason Yamato can use Jyuman powers at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be some Prince of Jyuland and the other four are just disposable peasants.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's a little surprising how bland the Jyumans are though. At least with Ninninger, you still had character moments/traits, even if they were annoying? (Oh my God, am I using Ninninger as an example of being something good???) Like them or hate them, at least Yakumo had his weird magic thing and his incest thing with Kasumi. Kasumi was the smart, trickster one. Nagi (near the end) became the clever one who innovated a bunch of stuff. The American guy had his own sub story about getting revenge and learning to fit in. The only one really badly characterized was Fuuka, since she was just Takaharu's little sister (Which they sort of address in Returns). It was too Takaharu focused, yeah, since it was a story about Takaharu being the chosen one to inherit his father and grandfather's legacy, plus he was the older brother to Fuuka. If I remember to do so, on the episode articles, I'll write down if there's a specific character focus in the Navbox to the right. There's quite a few for Ninninger episodes.

Let's look at Jyuohgers by comparison. Misao has the most issues, so he gets the second most attention after Yamato. But it's sort of the same issue each time, which gets on people's nerves. I feel like because of Tusk's flaws, he also gets a lot of episodes, but he doesn't really have an arc or anything. Unless befriending Misao is something. Amu probably gets the next most attention because she's interesting. She did get the sumo episode and the Halloween episode, but she tends to be far less interesting when she's in the spotlight. Maybe Leo's the next most important since he's loud? I guess he did get angry at Misao that one time, and he was also in the sumo episode. I mean, stuff happens to these guys, but for fish out of water in a new land, it sure doesn't feel like they're learning a lot or doing crazy things. It could just be that the writing for Jyuohger is as meh as a plain sugar, though.

I get the feeling that the only reason people don't hate Jyuohger as much as Ninninger is because Ninninger actively tried to annoy you with some stuff. As much as I want to bag on Ninninger, they do address some of the issues later on. Maybe Jyuohger will do the same, now that it's entering its final quarter.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

What colour is Bird? Orange?

How good would it have been if his transformation code was 913?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote:What colour is Bird? Orange?

How good would it have been if his transformation code was 913?
He's not quite orange but he's not quite red. He's kinda the color red gets if you leave it out in the sun for a month, a faded red.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I guess Jyuoh Bird is blood orange?
It was a pretty good episode to be honest, though it felt like a big oversight that Yamato can walk just fine after hurting his leg until it became relevant to the plot.
I'm not sure if the rapping monster brothers is the silliest monster this season or not, but they sure seem to be the strongest players of Team Azauld.

Sadly we only saw Bado as Jyuoh Bird at the end, so we'll have to wait until next week to see how easily he defeats the rapping monsters.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think a lot of episodes have revolved around the inner senshi, oops jyuomens either individually or in pairs. Maybe Yamoto is annoying so episodes that he is the center for stick out in your memory more?

A random thought: what if Super Sentai was marketed to girls instead of guys? I think the following would be true:

* The typical team would be three girls and two guys (with the guys being based on boy band cliches)

* Every sentai member would get a color that had never been used before. There could still be "red" rangers, but they would be different shades of red.

* Most of the boy rangers would be have as a color some variation of one of two primary colors (like regular girl sentai are usually pink or yellow).

* The boy rangers would have a plot reason why they didn't fall instantly in love with the girl rangers.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This episode was a little disappointing because of the trailer and title. I thought we'd get Bardo halfway through the episode instead of just before the credits. As a rating for the episode 4 out of 5.

Technically I knew who was going to be JyuoBird a lot time ago from the Wiki and common sense. No other Jyumans were hinted at and there is only one other bird in the show. I hope that we get to see more of the team of seven and not every not and then like with Kyoryu Violet.

Does anyone know when the movie will be release because I hate the long waits? One thing I find bad about movies is that if there was a special power introduced during the movie and it returns in a later episode, you're lost. I also hate when a good power is used only for a short time without an explanation. Dinomaru is a good example.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

JyuohBird might be an extra Ranger like Hime ShinkenRed.
Hoshinger wrote:Does anyone know when the movie will be release?
I just updated the Blu-ray release thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8373 and it's about more than weeks.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”