Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Alt Title - Parent issues

Last episode rating: 5 /5 (6 votes)

Man, another great episode. Good solo story as well as a big step forward in the main story. For an early episode, it's pretty well paced in my opinion.

Has Rei always had a skull on his jacket?

Meant to ask in the last episode, but who is that lady in the bar? I remember looking up a person named Kurehi and seeing her related to Bakura, but does she do anything besides sit there and look pretty?

Bakura, you put the photo in your bad hand! Maybe it's a robot Makai hand or something.

I think these bittersweet episodes really play into Rei's style. Kobayashi is a great writer, but she didn't understand who he was or what his strong points were. The line "Rei's the kind of guy who's smiling superficially." (Not finalized translation) perfectly encapsulates the his character. Rei's not Kouga, he's not the Golden Knight. When Rei saves people, he leaves behind the destruction and sadness that comes with the aftermath of having their lives being touched by the presence of Horrors.

Contrast this with Rei's naturally positive and go-lucky attitude. He has to maintain this facade, otherwise he wouldn't be able to endure with the things he goes through on a nightly basis. It's like Kouga's early stoicism but flipped to the other setting.

Context changes everything. Meeting with the kid's dad beforehand made Rei hesitate, but at the same time, it allowed him to know what to do after the battle. Otherwise, for Rei, that kid would have been just another Horror that he cut down. At least with the knowledge of who the kid was, Rei was able to meet with the dad and maybe give him some closure.

Now for the main plot, they offed ?Okina? already? Dragon Knight, that sounds cool. I'm guessing he's one of those former good guys turned villain types. Have Yuge Tomohisa and Haga Yuria ever starred together before? I don't remember. Aoshima Kokoro (Alice) is cute, but I really want to see her take some voice acting lessons. She kind of reminds me of Fire-1's actor. Looks good, but the voice isn't the strongest.

Anyway, another 5 for me. Looking forward to the next ep.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 03 released

Post by XIII »

takenoko wrote:
Bakura, you put the photo in your bad hand! Maybe it's a robot Makai hand or something.
Probably like Takeru in Yami wo. Or is it that same hand that Takeru lost and they are hinting that he is Takeru, thus trying to connect the bridge again, conspiracy theory at 5 everyone.

I have been impressed by Dragon Blood so far, I normally try not to pay too much attention to the dialog while timing in terms of what is being said, but some words just stand out at times and draw you off track from what you are doing. Such as the horror asking what his wish was. That intrigued me as I dont really remember much outside of Retsuden 12 in a horror asking what someones wish was. Then with the follow up of "I dont want to die" I think it was really set the time for the most basic of wishes, but it was handled really well.

I did wonder how they were going to fill the last 5 minutes of the ep after the battle was done, but it was nice to get some of the main story plot out in the open and reveal the big bad for the series. Although I do feel the "knight gone bad" routine is getting a bit on the stale side, could do with something else in future series.

And I still hate that ending song, soo bad
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

God, if Bakura is revealed to be old Takeru and that Ryuuga and Rian are Taiga's parents, that would be the most ridiculous thing.
XIII
The Conspiracy
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

as ridiculous as Ryuuga getting his eyes restored by his mums tears?
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nooooo. I had forgotten about Yami...
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

How the f**k did Zero regenerated his Soul Metal from the bullet shot?! No idea. Give it a 5.

Spoiler
Let's see how strong is the Dragon Knight instead of Rekka's return.

Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

takenoko wrote:God, if Bakura is revealed to be old Takeru and that Ryuuga and Rian are Taiga's parents, that would be the most ridiculous thing.
Well, Yami and Gold Storm are supposed to happen after Kouga's story, so it won't happen.
XIII wrote:as ridiculous as Ryuuga getting his eyes restored by his mums tears?
Call that Makai Magic. It's not like it was free healing or eyes trading without surgery (since he does say that it's his mother eyes after the exchange).

The songs are growing on me, I kind of like them now.

So it was a Dragon egg. I guess that make sense, given the title.

Preview
Spoiler
And Rekka is coming back. Probably my second favorite Garo character after Rian and Ryuuga (who both share the first place).
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

When the bullet was piercing the rain in the beginning my first thought was "Sweet dreams are made of this "
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I'm getting the feels with this episode, self repairing soul metal sounds pretty awesome so 5 for me
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Mandalori wrote:
takenoko wrote:God, if Bakura is revealed to be old Takeru and that Ryuuga and Rian are Taiga's parents, that would be the most ridiculous thing.
Well, Yami and Gold Storm are supposed to happen after Kouga's story, so it won't happen.
Not to mention that Ryuuga's armor was the Saejima armor before it was cleansed during the Gold Storm movie...

That episode kicked right in the feels. I need to go back and re-watch the first Garo season to see how Rei was portrayed because I remember disliking him at first, but he's become one of my favorite characters. That whole episode was phenomenal.

So the Dragon Knight fellow...how many times is that actor going to appear in the Garo universe in some way? It definitely seems like he's been in each season at least once!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What are you talking about? Yuge Tomohisa was only a guest in episode 8 of the first season, and you would have missed him if you blinked. Are you thinking of another actor maybe?
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Yuge_Tomohisa
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

I feel this is a return to form for the franchise. I haven't felt this way since the first two seasons. To an extent Makai No Hana.

Out of the gate, we get 3 strong episodes, that work as both standalone but also building up the main plot on the side. Standalone stories have been the franchise highlight, I'm glad this season reminds itself that. Rei is an awesome character, and he really shines here.

The father and son story, with that tragic conclusion, hits home. An easy 5!

Looking forward to next week, as the main arc comes across. Dragon Knight vs Makai Knight.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This was a really great episode. I think some of the issues with some previous seasons was that one spends too long getting to know the Horror before the knight turns up and slays them. This works for Rei because not as stoic as Kouga so having him interact with the dad is in character. I don't feel like you could do these every week without it becoming contrived, but as a one off it's really nice.

I forgot up until know that Rei had both his girlfriend and mentor murdered by Barago before the first season, so Alices observation probably means that Rei is still carrying the burden of that. Hopefully this series gives the guy some form of a happy ending.

Tomohisa has the Dragon Knight is pretty boss. He's always amazing in anything he is in. Looking forward to next week with it looking like the plot is going to kick into gear.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This show has been killing it. I have enjoyed each one and have felt the message it has been trying to display. We actually got an episode where we feel bad for the humans who become Horrors. That guy they have does look like a younger version of Rei when he had the short hair too. And yeah, I'm really glad Rei has his own series. This feels refreshing to watch.
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Catastrophe wrote: that Rei had both his girlfriend and mentor murdered by Barago before the first season,
I thought that was his dad? I thought his dad was a butler (like Gonza) to a Makai knight who died without an heir. But Rei could use soul metal. There was a whole plot point in the first season that Rei wasn't in the "makai geneaologies" so they didn't know who he was. (Kinda think they expected there to only be a few knights ever back in season 1, but as of season 2 it was more like there's a class of "noble" grade knights with more distinctive armor and family bloodlines, and uh, generic CGI duplicate knights...)

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”