Jyuohger 48 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
41%
☆☆
19%
No votes

Total votes: 27
YamiYugi
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: Xenoblade Chronicle
Quote: I... No we wish for a world without gods.

Re: Jyuohger 48 released

Post by YamiYugi »

I actually like the design of Yamato's last form, I just think it's a relatively nice looking mashup of all his forms he's got.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I was honestly hoping the last form would be a side story thing, But in terms of how it happened and the repairing of the henshin devices i kinda understand it even tho they didn't explain it, granted the ship was probably baked in Earth's energy so it was probably bleeding off or the area became a rift like the one in Doctor who. But yeah i have to agree with everyone else, it felt flat and rushed. Genis being a mass of the minions surprised me but it would have been nice to have it explained or fleshed out more.

But while many seem disapointed with the series as a whole, i really enjoyed it, sure it had many flaws and mis-steps but coming from Ninninger i feel refreshed and ready to go into Kyuranger (which i think should have been the anniversary series)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Wait, so Genis is a swarm of lesser life forms that is self conscious of the fact and that is why he wants to prove his superiority by being an asshole? I had to rewatch that bit because I swore I was delusional. What the fuck.

I feel like this series had promise. I did enjoy the core 5 and did like that they didn't introduce the 6th as early as they usually do allowing them to get more development. Except as a character Misao is shit and kind of ruined the team dynamic.

I did like the theme of the villains, being big game hunters but also kind of having video game references with the continues. Unfortunately, they are all so one note characters. Genis for what I mentioned above, Azald turns out to be some super god of destruction only for nothing to come of it and Kubar has a vendetta against Genis for destroying his planet and nothing comes of it either. As much as I thought ToQ was bland, at least the villains were interesting and fun.

Mech designs were shit as well.

Overall, I think this is just an average series. Following from Nin made it look better than it was, but there is really nothing in it that stands out other than the 4 Jyuman rangers learning about the human world.

Onward! To Spaceballs!
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

didn't know that tusk is some kind of noble, because his father is one of thr elders, but as an elephant it makes sense :)
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i kind of thought they were going old school and lost their powers for a second but then the worlds fused. so nope!

Genis is the grunts, and he is made of cells ... killing Naria really killed the chance of his revival in the jyuohger returns or even VS movie. it would work too since genis IS from space.

Genis mocking the not underestimating him piece was empty too.

i wish in the suitless role call they were in jyuman form.

as a last thought, when yamto fires the jyuoh final its gold, when the jyuman fired it the beam was blue, and here with all powers unleashed? purple into rainbow.

havng kyuurange in space next year helps us ignore all the jyuman cubes now populating the earth i guess?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that Naria was still alive in normal size because only her giant size had been destroyed.

I think a better end for Naria would have been for her to come back earlier in the fight, say the wrong thing, and have Genis reject her and mortally wound her so that he could watch her slowly die. Then Naria while dying could spill the beans about Genis' true form before exploding.

I wasn't worried about the quality of the mecha because I think all of the mecha are really dumb plot devices there because they sell toys and keep the franchise in business. I do think that super sentai does work on occasion, but only in spite of the plot device that all monsters can grow big so all heroes need something big as well.

As I said last week, it's written in stone that Sailor Moon has to be the one to beat big evil and here they were able to find the plot device that allows him to transform into Super Sailor Moon for the beat down. The six of them using Sailor Planet Power to finish off his small form was just icing on the cake.

As for continuity, I haven't seen any Kamen Rider show after Kabuto reference the fact that Shibuya is a huge pile of rubble from a meteor strike, or that the Native are still around and able to shape shift.

I liked the series as a whole. To me the sign of a good series (like Shinkengers and Gokaigers) is that you have fans shipping the characters, and with Leo/Sela, Tusk/Amu, and Yamoto/Mii-chan all being well supported by the script I think the series did well.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Bad. Why the hell do you have to do everything abruptly, Jyuohger?

And that epilogue... oh man, I had to look away from the cringe.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I figure that the awkward CGI between the Jyuohgers and their parents is because Toei only had one fancy animal mask.

Which would also explain why everyone else was wearing shitty animal masks from Target or something. That pig one the girl at the end was wearing was especially bad.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote:So I figure that the awkward CGI between the Jyuohgers and their parents is because Toei only had one fancy animal mask.

Which would also explain why everyone else was wearing shitty animal masks from Target or something. That pig one the girl at the end was wearing was especially bad.
Ditto. I was cringing a bit when they brought out the extra masks again. Though I didn't think the pig was especially bad; I felt it was the dog head that was the worst.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:>I liked the exclusive unmasked henshin sequence. Looks like they had taken it straight out of Power Rangers, but even more badass.

Sentai's been doing it for the last episode for years though :(
IMO, PR still does it more consistently/better. I'm pretty sure they just composited the heads onto the suits. So the actors never actually donned the spandex. PR, by comparison, has made it a point more often than not to get the actors in their suits and sans helmet, and to do so in plain scenes without any CGI/SFX. They make it exceedingly clear that the actors are wearing the suits, which plays a lot better with selling the illusion that it's always the actor inside the suit throughout the series.

The helmetless roll-calls are still very cool though. Compositing the heads on, by comparison, is actually kind of lame since it means the actors were just reading lines and making faces in front of a greenscreen; they never went through the full motions.
There is much more evidence that shows the helmetless roll calls are the actors in-suit than there is evidence that it's a super-imposed head on the suit actor.

For starters, many of the helmetless sequences show a very defined end to the "turtleneck" part of the suit. Toei's green-screen people are notoriously bad about multi-layered shots (ex. The family scenes and the issues you mentioned), and if they could do such a good job with a roll call sequence then scenes such as the reunion scenes would not be so obviously layered. Hair is an easy way to see that they weren't composite shots, since Leo's dreadlocks fell over his suit without green-screen edgefuzz, as did Amu's hair. Pause it fast enough, and you can see the back side of Misao's hair on top of the white collar. Since that white part is normally a full balaclava, turning it into a collar would be a hell of a challenge.

There's also the case of the poses changing slightly before and after the helmet appears. Again, we just have to look at Leo's to see that his arms moved when the helmet was added. His is the most obvious, but all six moved after the helmet. You can further see slight differences in the wrinkles in the suits. Some change, some don't, and it's likely a case of recording the pose, pausing the film while the actor stands completely still, they run in and pop a helmet on, then resume filming. Yamato lost a lot of wrinkles when his helmet appeared, for instance. They've hid this in the past with a white "flash" when the helmet appears, eliminating an edit blip.

If you want to go even further, there's the simple reasoning that it's much less work to put the actor in the suit, film for 5 seconds, and cut the two shots together, than it is to superimpose everything in post-production. If the actor is going to go through the sequence anyway, it's simple enough to put him or her in the suit and film it. It is spandex, after all, and the suit actors are usually around the same height and size as their counterpart, but there's typically at least one member of the group who has a very ill-fitting suit during the helmetless roll call sequence. Let's also not forget that Yamato's first morph actually had the actor standing in-suit, in a field, with no helmet on.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive

Post by redfarmer »

What I really want to know is how they're going to explain the fact the Kyuurangers have never seen a Jyuman when it comes time for the Kyuuranger vs. Jyuohger movie.

Other than that, here's hoping for a better series in Kyuuranger. Jyuohger, you had a lot of potential and squandered it.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

Hello, been followed TV-Nihon all these years and finally make an account... Nice to meet you all... :D

There said, I'd like to pretend the first 8 minutes to happen differently... There's no strong built for the villain to go on like that...
It had no impact to the viewers at all, except for the big word "WHY"...

The rest was cool though :D
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, finally over, too dissapointing for an anniversary series.

My main problem with this one was that there was almost no characters development or anything. It was: Jyohgers talk a lil bit, monster appears they defeat it, they talk a lil bit more, it's over. I mean i dont expect every sentai to be Jetman (If you haven't, watch it, it might be the best sentai ever) but I want to see the characters as people, not just the guys that fight the MOTW. I liked Leo, but it is because he is supposed to be somewhat a two dimensional character, so he fullfilled his role well, but overall I could not feel interest for this team, unlike let's say Shinkenger, Go-busters, Jetman or even Goseiger.

Misao, he was a dissapointment, he looked ultra-badass, he was super strong, but he was ultimately useless.

Genis, I gotta say that an inferiority complex is indeed a good motive, but in the end, they let it go to waste.

Liked the last Mecha fight, since i usually don't like them, it was good for me that it was as fast as that. also Genis disolving was a cool effect.

By the way, the animal faces i think that gives Toei the chance to use the Jyuuman Jyuohgers without having the actors.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Unlike most people here so did I like this series. But I'm not sure this should have been the anniversary (especially since Kyuuranger is looking to be a bigger show), what with things like the Olympic games apparently getting in the way. (Is it really true?)

The fight scene was pretty cool, but it makes me wish Genis could have shown as much personality throughout the series. And yeah... I'll admit that the twist of earth and Jyuland combining while neat was done way too late. So do we have to wait for Jyuohger Returns to see the consequenses?

I think this show overall gets a 4/5 from me.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, Genis is just like every others life forms : just a gathering a smaller life forms (cells) that believe they are more than that.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”