Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 07 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Alt Title - The climax never ends

Last episode rating: 4.25 /5 (16 votes)

Man, Amemiya directed this one too? You can tell that he's putting in a personal touch that you don't usually see in the TV series. Like more so than he has in any Garo series since the original, I think?

Also, I don't feel like it's hyperbole to say that was perhaps the best example of how action, sfx, and story can be blended. It's a shining example of tokusatsu.

Not one single fight scene felt wasted. All the choreography felt thoughtful and meaningful. Each fight progressed the plot point, as Edel continued pursuing Alice. A lot of toku shows nowadays pads their fights with a bunch of mook fighting. Sometimes it's done in fun ways like in Gokaiger (but usually it's a waste of time, like in the Rider series).

Also, damn! This series isn't pulling its punches. Good surprise at the end. I did not see that coming.

Even if we've slipped from perfection for a couple of episodes, this is definitely a 5 from me for sure.

Edit: Oh yeah, people've said it before, but Yuge Tomohisa, fucking tall man.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 07 released

Post by XIII »

They baited the start with a recap of sorts, so I thought we were gonna get a re-cap ep, not something I was looking forward to. But once Silva stopped talking, it was straight back into the mix of a normal ep, which is much better to deal with. The 2nd half of the ep was pretty much the easiest I have had it on Zero for timing since there was only 15 lines of dialog in that part. I think this may have been the shortest script for the series so far, but the action is what makes this ep.

I have to continue to give props to the BGM guy/girl for doing a fantastic job setting the atmosphere up nicely with the choice of music and sounds when specific people appear in battle.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Oh, and the writing, while a bit in the back seat this episode, is still top notch. What else has this lady done?

I really like that there's real fucking temptation going on here. The villain offers Alice something, something that can lead to dire consequences, and it's actually something that Alice wants. It's not like Vader or the Emperor offering power to Luke, who didn't seek power to begin with. I just feel like temptation is something that bad guys in fiction tend to screw up.

Also, can't wait till we know who Nova is.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Mother of... Amemiya, you...

LOVED the episode regardless. This is what I've missed from at least Gold Storm, maybe even Makai No Hana!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Oh, ouch. In hindsight, I guess all the flags were there that Kagome wasn't going to survive the episode, but it still hurt as they all gathered around her body. I half-wondered if the fairy was going to do something to bring her back to life, but I guess that glow was just a farewell blessing.

I also fell in the is-this-a-recap-episode mindset. I'm glad it wasn't, but it was kind of strange. Did they not have enough material to fill the whole episode?

I just wish that Alice didn't have such pitiful survival instincts. It really bothered me that she chose to trap herself at the top of what looked to be the only structure in the surrounding area. That, combined with her tendency to ignore warnings about danger, can make her very frustrating to watch at times.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

that ending surprised me I didn't expect that to happen at all to Kagome.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Kagome, why?! She was a promising Makai Priest that could've been a new recurring character in the series. Her barrier skills were unique. I wanted her to eventually meet up with Bikuu and her pupil, Daichi.

I thought Kagome assisted Rekka with her fish attack with reinforcement. Rekka didn't do anything different this time around for the fish attack to actually penetrate the Dragon Knight's Kylo Ren freeze. It would've made more sense for both the Priests to double-team on the fish attack to further add to their spell-syncing.

When did Rei learn the ability to force push with his sword? That could've came in handy a long time ago. Then again, when did his armor have grappling hooks installed like Raiga's? Guess we'll never know. We never really see Makai Knights use anything but their swords to swing around so I thought it was pretty cool to see a different ability for once.

They never explained why the Dragon Knight wanted to destroy the world and why he's evil in the first place. It was never confirmed that he was possessed by a Horror. He's basically a Makai Knight that could control dragons, so he was originally supposed to be good, as he does state it in this episode where he said he used to fight for humans. I've always wanted to know how he became corrupt and what he was going to use the dragon from the Dragon Egg for, which was probably just to aid him in world destruction anyway.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

It seems the hd and sd files names got mixed in the tracker SD has 600+mb but hd has 200+mb
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's actually the episode files were named wrong. They been corrected now.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I knew it... I found out strange that they trusted Kagome way too fast and her relationship with Rekka was improving too fast and felt rushed. I wanted her to be in a future movie or series just like when Rekka called Jabi onee-sama in one of the movies. Rekka have improved a lot since we saw her the first time and Kagome could be her student but... oh well :(.

There is no doubt that Rei is a lot stronger than before but even at that level he lost this fight.

This episode is a clear 5 without a doubt and I can't imagine how cool and expensive the action figure of the Dragon Knight and his Horse/Lion(whatever) is going to be... amazing episode and probably my second favorite episode in the series after the 3 vs 1 fight in Ryuga's first series.
Final Vent!
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

As I suspected, a Yuria Haga character in toku dead again but this is an awesome episode with horse dragon thing from Edel.

Speaking of which, damn it man he's dead, at the moment anyway hopefully
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

I'm at a lost. So where can the series go now? A last boss that isn't last? Interesting. An easy 5, just the action alone.

I'm sad for Kagome. She was cool too. At least she went with a bang, no pun intended. And oh, the music. So intense and fitting.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

this is perhaps 1 of THE BEST OF TOKU EPISODE I EVER SEEN. completely agree with Takenoko 1st post in this thread. all of the scene is VERY VERY GOOD & nothing is useless.
Yuria Haga, only 2 episodes, but you make me like your acting again (i hate the character plot fo her in Kiva, but I like Mari in Faiz).

at first yes it perhaps a recap episode feeling, as we perhaps on the middle of the series, but then it wasnt, and straight away shift into CLIMAX!!!
love the action, didnt expect the ending would be like that as well, tottally a surprise & sad to see Kagome be like that :(
so now i guess the story gonna move the focus into Alice & her background. Hope it's not gonna be a down factor for the series coz man, these 7 episodes are all GREAT.
sound/sfx/bgm person for this episode GOOD JOB.

btw, do you think Rekka will feel some guilt/regret by not taking Kagome as her pupil after this episode?
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

It's probably her best death scene in any of her sad little roles where she dies.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Great episode, I have a suspicion that Alice's connection with the dragon egg is a lot deeper than Rei-tachi realize. Perhaps she'll become a dragon knight (since girls can't be makai knights, this could be a workaround; remember the practice henshin stance in ep 1 after all...)

I have a suspicion Edel was being consumed by the dragon power, maybe spiritually as well as physically. Like, he didn't consider himself human anymore. Man it's ... it's exactly the overarching plotline of Final Fantasy XIV's Heavensward expansion. There's a whole sect of heretics that are siding with dragons in a war against their city state and some of them (for reasons that would be a spoiler) spontaneously turn into dragons and the explanation for that is huuuuuge.

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”