Ratings Poll: Zero -Dragon Blood-

Zero's back

How are you finding Zero -Dragon Blood-?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 am

☆☆☆☆☆ Dragon
90%
☆☆☆☆ Dragon hatchling
5%
☆☆☆ Dragon Egg
No votes
☆☆ Cracked Egg
5%
☆ Fried Egg
No votes

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Zero -Dragon Blood-

Post by takenoko »

This series has had some of the highest ratings that I've seen in a while. Nearly all 5's on a weekly basis. I think that says something in a time when Toei is kind of just putting out substandard entertainment.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Re: Ratings Poll: Zero -Dragon Blood-

Post by fenrir »

so far perhaps this is 1 of the best garo series after such a long time. perhaps tie with makai senki.
original & honoou no kokuin ---> these 4 are my favourite so far
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Zero Dragon Blood was pretty interesting. I feel like plot-wise it's on par with Kamen Rider Gaim. With gaim, they removed the two part episodes and went with a single flowing plot. I can say that Zero Dragon Blood is the same too. I'm enjoying it so far as much as I did with Amazons.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Seems like I'm gonna have a rival for favorite Garo series with Makai Senki taking that throne if this series keeps it up
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Great series! Now that it's over, I'll put in my quick rundown on what work and what didn't. And rank them among the other series.

I give this a 5 for the most part, but for this overall score, I give it a 5. For obvious reason.

First, what worked.

The pacing. While there's a decent amount of that monster of the week formula, we were quickly treated to the main story.
The characters. Rei, Rekka, Alice, and Edel were the center and they pretty much worked well together and carried the show.
The writing. It seemed more focused this time around than previous entries. (Gold Storm, Makai no Hana, Yami) comes to mind.

What didn't work?

The length. I wish it was a little bit longer. We barely got to spend time with the dragon (Loop). Edel could use a bit more depth.
Rei, Rekka and Alice development could have gone a bit deeper. Kagome had way too little screen time. Need more of her.
The monster of the week. They started off pretty well, then the ones that came in the later half of the series didn't do much for me.
The finale. Edel turning up one last time just to be put away was pointless.
Rei and Alice final moment together was too short. The Battle dragged on too long.

Overall, I would rank this over Gold Storm and Yami, but slightly below Hana. (I just like Raiga and his world more)

That said, Dragon Blood is a successful entry to the Garo franchise for sure. I continue to look forward to the future.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

All fair points. I definitely wish we had more baby Loops and had a tweaked last episode to give more closure.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

From day one, this show was gonna be awesome. And it did not disappoint. Beautiful CGI, excellent stunts, a great ending theme song!

Alice being a
Spoiler
manipulative bitch FROM day one
was a nice twist. This reminds me oh so much of Ryuuzaki/Barago!!

Amemiya, I wish you luck on the other movies coming out after this. And if you can, go work on the anime. Guren no Tsuki sucked, but you can make GARO anime great again!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

While I know a lot of people wished for some more time, especially in the finale, I feel like the reason this show worked was because it was so short. There was no excess, no fat to trim. We've got the characters, their stories are told, and we don't waste any time with filler episodes or really, any MOTW. There wasn't a single skippable episode. And seeing as the Japanese TV scheduling would have required another 13 episodes to make this longer, I'm rather satisfied with the length we got. 26 episodes would have been too long. 16 probably would have been about perfect to elaborate on Loop and maybe to give a slightly longer ending wrap-up, but 13 is decent.

Probably could've done without Kurehi though. Yes, I am going to keep bitching about that, especially after the bullshit with Yukihime.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wait... if we're going to compare it to Yukihime, then I'd prefer Kurehi.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

My third favorite Garo after Yami and Gold Storm. That's all I have to say.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

It is quite unfortunate that this is just a spin off, not having quite enough of it..

Originally was not hype for it because of the name reminds me of "Zero Bad Blood", but now without doubt I think it is definitely one of the best Garo's series..
DERPDERP91357
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by DERPDERP91357 »

I feel like I'm going to get flamed... but I have mixed feelings about this show.
It seems so wasteful to have a cast that is largely irrelevant to the plot:
Edel and Kagome are sidelined and never really do anything. It is implied that they have actual motivations and screentime is devoted to their backstories but then they just get killed off.
Rekka outlives her usefulness and basically ends up firing that one fish spell every episode so people can ogle at her legs....
the "Master" seemed like a badass and only had that one scene near the end (where's the good old days when priests could fight)
I honestly wished that the Alice reveal should have happened over a couple of episodes and just focused on her more (have her hurt Rei by hurting innocent people or something..) Also the dragon had nothing to do with the plot, it could literally have been any other horror...and frankly Ring presented a more pressing moral dilemma than Alice. Especially since that true name dropping at the end was awkward and further points out to me how weird it is for Rei to compare Alice to his late fiance. At some point they are going to have to address the fact that Rei isn't young anymore and shouldn't act this recklessly all the time. Even Raiga seems to have him beat in the wisdom department...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nah, no flames here. And it was honestly pretty interesting reading your post, since I hadn't considered any of those points previously.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I feel like this is a good template going forward. 13 episodes means the endgame pacing isn't fucked which is what normally happens, and having strong returning cast members to balance out the new ones made it better.

I consider the first 2 seasons and the TV special/Movie to be in an untouchable tier of their own when it comes to quality, but in my opinion, Dragon Blood is probably the best season of any GARO outside of them.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

quite agree in Catastrophe opinion.
i do think the first 2 original series would have some bias coz that's the foundation & comparison/standard of how we see the world of Garo in any series.
and since both of them planned & executed in years & quite carefully, i do think it deliver a good result.

since makai senki, new garo almost always happend every 6 months, if we assume they do produce it in the thight time & ASAP mentality, no wonder sometimes the quality is kinda down
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”