KR Ex-Aid 24 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:57 am

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 28
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

KR Ex-Aid 24 released

Post by xiiliea »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - RIP Motors' bike :(

Last week's poll rating: 4.7 / 5 (34 votes)

I feel that there were a few missed opportunities with Lucky's appearance in Ex-Aid. Firstly, he just appeared on the rooftop for no reason. Why not maybe Emu find a "Lucky Gashat" and tries it out, and summons Lucky, like how Lucky summoned him? And doesn't Lucky have a clone KyuuTama he used a while back? It would have been fun to have 2 ShishiReds and 2 Ex-Aids teaming up.

What a sad moment with Motors and his bike.
"Even if my bike's gone, my street racer's spirit will live on!"

Poppy's song is super awesome. I wish I had the full lyrics to sub the whole thing.

Not much comments about Kamen Rider Chronicle, since we don't know what it's about yet.

Also just a note: I changed the "Dual Gashat" / "Double Gashat" to "Dual Gashatto" / "Double Gashatto", because I realized that they were meant to be their respective versions of "Gashatto!", and it's inconsistent to have "Maximum Gashatto" but "Double Gashat".
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 24 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Junichi Suwabe's a suave Kavorka villain! *slaps himself because of bad pun*

Spoiler
Parado, don't you dare order Poppy to sing when you have humanity play KR Chronicle in Ultra Nightmare
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno how I feel about this episode. It feels like the trio sort of devolve into their old selves, but at the end they show they are still working together beyond their superficial differences.

Had no thoughts on the crossover, maybe it's for the best it's so minimalistic.

I liked Poppy's song but I don't know if it was the best fit for the fight scene.

The whole episode felt like filler for Poppy to get turned to the dark side. But I don't really understand the point of it? First, just brainwashing a character and removing their will instead of giving a character a good reason to betray their allies is boring. Second, what's the deal with the new CEO? Is he a Bugster? He just seems kind of goofy. Graphite's back? Feel like that should have been a bigger deal? Which game was he from again?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote:Second, what's the deal with the new CEO? Is he a Bugster? He just seems kind of goofy. Graphite's back? Feel like that should have been a bigger deal? Which game was he from again?
Graphite's a character from DragoKnight Hunter Z, considering his usage of the game's proto-gashat.

Spoiler
It seems the new CEO's a Bugster from a Dating Sim gashat, Tokimeki Crisis AKA Poppy's gashat for her Kamen Rider form.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh... so is he a dragoknight hunter? Since I assume that game is like Monster Hunter, and the antagonists are dragons or monsters?
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

The funniest part of this episode is when Ex-Aid punch Motos in the face while shouting "Urusai!!!!" So Brave Level 5 split into 8 during finisher to match the bugster's level (5x8=40). Nice thinking, Hiro!!
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i like this episode. yes it's a filler episode, but in the end when poppy goes into the dark side is a good one.
somehow it would be too much cruel if poppy turns out to be deceive all of us. she's a nurse and singer anyway. so ya too cruel if it happends.
Spoiler
and how coincidence just today there's also another back stab by a girl kind of thing in diffrent series that TV NIHON shows

about the teamwork moral lesson, yes it's a good one thou. The trio can't do a teamwork in life, but they can do in fighting & form a good one when a patient life is matter in front of them. so ya good i guess.
and yes Poppy song is GREAT. hopefullly later on they gonna release a special full MV for it.

new CEO is weird., almost as weid as KR OOO CEO.
and does it means that GENM corporation is as evil as Yggdrasil in Gaim??
or perhaps Genm is funded by Foundation X?? i guess we will all know about that later.

about Graphite, i knew something is wrong back then. when he die, it's almost TOOOOOO EASY & almost like people dont give shit & just accept that he died already.
it's kinda weird for me since Graphite is kinda a good character from ep.1. [although Lazer is good as well but only short live sadly :( ]. so for him to comebcack just like that is not so surprising i guess.
from next Ep, i guess Ex-Aid will goes into a darker Arc thou. there will be many victim becoz of KR Chronicle game.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm glad Graphite is back, since his original defeat was anticlimactic. KyuuRanger had the same sort of problem with Elidron. He was a cool boss level character who got wasted pretty early on. I know they have 88 of those guys to defeat, but man did that go fast. It's also weird since they haven't really had someone to fill in for Elidron's role, unlike Ex-Aid which had Genm and Parado always kind of causing their mischief in the background.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

fenrir wrote:i like this episode. yes it's a filler episode, but in the end when poppy goes into the dark side is a good one.
somehow it would be too much cruel if poppy turns out to be deceive all of us. she's a nurse and singer anyway. so ya too cruel if it happends.
Spoiler
and how coincidence just today there's also another back stab by a girl kind of thing in diffrent series that TV NIHON shows
Spoiler
though one had planned for it since the beginning, the other was doing things unintentionally against her will
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
KemonoSoldierSunstar
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
Favorite Band: Kishidan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Samurai Troopers
Quote: Go down to the... SUGAR SHACK... and get a bread... BUT NOT TOO BIG--

JonTron

Post by KemonoSoldierSunstar »

Wow. For the first time since watching this show, I HATED an episode. Hated the plotline, hated the battles, HATED the new CEO, hated the plot twist of Poppy getting brainwashed, and hate hate HATE the fact that the next episode reveals that we are probably gonna end up going the Gaim route AGAIN, not THREE YEARS LATER.

About the only thing I liked about this episode was seeing confirmation that, despite their stubbornness, the Riders ARE able to work together now, despite everything that's gone on.

...yeah, I don't like this episode. Hopefully this upcoming NotGaim plotline is going to not completely atom-bomb the series.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I thought this was pretty filler-y. This somewhat makes sense, since such a plot-heavy episode last time may have called for a change of pace, but beyond the ending, hardly anything about the episode seems to have a real reason to belong in the show. The teamwork theme (regarding both the band and the riders) felt pretty forced, especially since they learned to work as a team what seems like twelve episodes ago. I liked the ending, but I don't think it's quite enough to make this a really great episode.

Given the number of similarities people are pointing out to Gaim as the show keeps progressing, I'm considering my options as to putting Ex-Aid on hold until I finish that up (that's been on hiatus for a while).
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After the end of Dan last week, I knew we were in for a breather episode, and it makes sense why Toei would want to do so. Still, a Poppy music video in the middle of all of this feels like a bit much. It's one of the few episodes where everything doesn't satisfactorily come together. I will however give the writers credit for the teamwork aspect, as it's nice to see that the KR trio have reached a point where they can pull together as needed.

As for the cameos, I guess it's a yin-yang thing. Ex-Aid made KyuuRanger better; Lucky made Ex-Aid worse. The former cameo was at least cool, but Lucky appearing here had nothing going for it. It was a distraction.

Finally, I'm starting to wonder if the job description for the Genm CEO position includes "Must be able to work with sentient computer viruses that are trying to destroy humanity." The new guy obviously isn't meant to be Dan 2.0, but I was surprised by the fact that he was evil to begin with. His personality may be a problem though; I'm not sure I can put up with his buffoonery week in and week out, if in fact that is his normal personality.
takenoko wrote:I liked Poppy's song but I don't know if it was the best fit for the fight scene.
It wasn't. That song was very out of place. Poppy needs character development badly, but this isn't going to cut it.
takenoko wrote:Huh... so is he a dragoknight hunter? Since I assume that game is like Monster Hunter, and the antagonists are dragons or monsters?
Well he's an antagonist, so I'd presume he's the dragon, not the hunter. But it makes sense that he's the DHZ bugster, especially since we already knew that Poppy was the DRMB Bugster and Dan couldn't find either one.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, didn't Dan already know which games Poppy and Graphite were from? And which game is Parado again? Puzzling Puzzles? I don't remember if he's a character in Kamen Rider Chronicle or not.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Huh, didn't Dan already know which games Poppy and Graphite were from? And which game is Parado again? Puzzling Puzzles? I don't remember if he's a character in Kamen Rider Chronicle or not.
Dan was going ape in the previous episode being unable to find the last two Bugsters. If he knew who they were, he would have captured Poppy long ago (especially as often as she's standing on the sidelines).
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

3/5

I didn't give this rating because of Lucky/ShishiRed's appearance (supposed to be 5/5), I give this rating because...

*ULTIMATE TABLE FLIP AND DESTROYS ALMOST EVERYTHING AROUND ME* WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO POPPY?!!! :x
(Hopefully she will be reprogrammed by Emu using Maximum Mighty X)

I know she's a Bugster, but I don't think she's a threat.

I was expected to be a better CEO than Dan Kuroto, but man it's Dan 2.0 all over again :evil:

Well, it seems Graphite is from the game Drago Knight Hunter Z, what worries me is where does Parad came from?
(absolutely not Perfect Puzzle and Knockout Fighter)

OH NO!!! KAMEN RIDER CHRONICLE HAS JUST STARTED!!!

As for the gameplay, it reminds me of PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale and Super Smash Brothers Series were almost all of the game characters (both heroes and villains) from the different games were fighting for the royal rumble

Spoiler
Next episode, those Soldier Riders remind me of Riotroopers, Zectroopers, and Kurokage Troopers. Also, whenever a player dies in a Kamen Rider Chronicle game it's Game Over in real life (just like Kiriya)

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”