KR Ex-Aid 26 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:55 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
4%

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 26 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Player vs Doctors

Last week's poll rating: 4.8 / 5 (30 votes)

I thought the pay off in the second half was great, but I hated the first half set up. I really dislike it when the characters don't make any sense. Like ordering the Riders to be on standby or when Emu tries to stop the player from fighting Salty instead of helping him. I guess they give a reason like halfway through the episode, but it feels like a strained way to stir up drama.

Kamen Rider Poppy is pretty good. The agility of her character made her fight choreography enjoyable to watch. I'm only just now realizing that Ex-Aid and Poppy are basically Rock and Roll from Megaman. I also like the acknowledgement that Poppy probably took someone's life when she was born. I mean, why didn't Emu or Hiiro ask these questions before, really?

Why is Graphite personally targetting Snipe? Wouldn't Brave be his true enemy? I mean, we even have Saki and Brave in the opening now.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 26 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Spoiler
CRITICAL CREWS-AID

Not the best wordplay to hide the Bugsters' true goal. Production Crew, hire Tomokazu Sugita for Dating-Sim trivia, have him give you guys crash courses on how they work, formulate better finisher names for Poppy.

Quit pussyfootin, Graphite. Fight with your monster form again. Same to Hinata-sensei. You know you have the right people who can deal with this outbreak.

I like the episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

takenoko wrote:Why is Graphite personally targetting Snipe? Wouldn't Brave be his true enemy? I mean, we even have Saki and Brave in the opening now.
Graphite targeting Snipe could stem from the fact that he gave Taiga his failure, not his greatest failure unless it is his greatest failure, as a doctor, addictive power of proto gashats aside, though that's just me
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

We still haven't seen that Snipe special, so maybe there is something more there. I imagine that what will end up happening is Taiga will bite it and Hiro will ultimately be the one to take him down at the end. There is probably a reason he hasn't told the other two that Graphite it back either. It's a shame, I want to see Graphite back in action.

While the ending was good, I feel like the fact that Taiga only turns up to help the other two was because he wants to clear the game is less noble than Emu and Hiro wanting to be doctors and save the patients. Still, the fact that the main riders have entered the game and the tonal shift makes me really excited for the 2nd half of this series.

Also, Ex-Aid should have been able to do some cheat hax on Para_DX to beat him right? I assume they conveniently forgot about that power now as to not have him finish Chronicle almost instantly. It would be a real good fix for restoring Poppy as well...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Plot God Mode is off. Please enter cheat code to continue.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I like what they did with Poppy (although I think they may have overdone the heart motif a little). She seems to be sort of an enforcer of Chronicle that only gets involved if someone's breaking the rules, and it's also a neat reveal that she took someone over to be who she is. That said, I feel like Chronicle itself still isn't feeling anything like the drama I was expecting; it almost seems like the entire arc could theoretically end within six episodes with a bit of an anticlimax.
Spoiler
Are they saying the characters that get a Game Over in Chronicle aren't actually dead? Not feeling like Chronicle's that dangerous. It kind of feels like they picked up a really neat idea with Chronicle and sort of let it drop, but I could still be wrong.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Mxylv wrote:
Spoiler
Are they saying the characters that get a Game Over in Chronicle aren't actually dead? Not feeling like Chronicle's that dangerous. It kind of feels like they picked up a really neat idea with Chronicle and sort of let it drop, but I could still be wrong.
Spoiler
I feel like the promise of restoring the dead is part of the "addiction update" they were talking about. I mean, I think I would be more likely to play a deadly game if I felt I could bring dozens of people back from the dead. Of course, I'd have to actually WIN the game to do it, so it's like playing Russian roulette with only one empty chamber.

There's an ethics dilemma in medicine where you take an oath to save lives, but are also forbidden to perform a procedure against a patient's will. In Western medicine, at least, performing a life-saving procedure when the patient refused to give consent can mean your license. So watching Hiiro's dilemma and decision to follow Emu's lead was an evolution of the character that most Western doctors aren't brave enough to achieve.

I also like how the director wanted them to remain on standby to prevent a panic, but when the doctors went into the field against orders, he understood that honesty would do more to alleviate panic than trying to cover things up. The fact that the reporters had already figured things out meant the CR crew's actions also gave him a way out of an impossible situation. Perhaps in some way, he also admired their dedication to saving lives at risk of losing their licenses.

As for Taiga, I think his motivation is the fact that he still wants to be acknowledged as a doctor, but is too proud to ask for his license back. Instead, he's trying to earn it back by proving he's got what it takes to fight both as a team and alone - without admitting that he's beginning to feel like he belongs again. Graphite's challenge waas aimed at Taiga because of the way Taiga lost his license and thus there's a motivation beyond simple revenge. Beat Graphite and you rectify the mistake you made and regain your license. Plus, it means giving Hiiro some form of closure by avenging his girlfriend's death. At least, this appears to be what's going through Taiga's mind.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Edit: Okay, who gave this a 1? I normally don't call people out, and this isn't a "you're disobeying the groupthink" thing. But I'd genuinely like to know why you consider this among the worst episodes of KR. If this isn't a good episode, what is?

---

This episode doesn't have quite the same punch as the previous episode, but then setting up the piece is always more fun than cleaning them up.

When this episode started I was immediately wondering why the Ministry of Health wasn't doing anything, so I'm pleased that their role was addressed right away. Though I feel like they need to be raiding Genm HQ again; given the circumstances, it's actually kind of odd that we never really see the company. It would be kind of a neat B-plot to see what the employees think of things and their role in creating/distributing a deadly game, especially now that they've been duped not once but twice.

The victim of the week was kind of a one-note character, but I do like his commitment. When faced with death, he opted to go out fighting. Not that it would have worked, of course; as we've seen the Bugsters have badly stacked the deck. Luckily for him the doctors stepped in and actually saved him. Still, it's better than being cowering victim #409. And while I'm sure it wasn't meant to be funny, I got a good laugh out of the fact that he couldn't get more than 5 other people to join him for his big plan. (Practical consideration: they only have so many stunties and suits. Still, it's kind of sad)

Moving on, let's talk about Kamen Rider Poppy, our first proper female Rider in 3 years. Female riders are as rare as hen's teeth in this series, so when Toei decides that girls are cool enough to be action heroes, it's a welcomed development. The reveal here is a bit of a bummer since the stupid OP spoils it, but oh well.

Unfortunately I feel like Toei took two steps forward and one step backwards here. Making Poppy a Rider is a great idea. However her suit design sucks. I kind of get why it is what it is - each suit is based on the game's hero, and Poppy is (essentially) the hero of her own game - but it doesn't change the fact that while all the other Riders are cool fighters, Poppy looks like someone's bad idea of a female robot. I don't really care how cleverly it's rooted in game genres, it just looks bad. Ditch the stupid hair and maybe the heart shoulders, and it would be a lot better.

Also, I just had to cringe at the jingle for Tokimeki Crisis. "Girls are always in a heartbeating crisis" is such a stupid shoot yourself in the foot kind of thing. Though sadly part for the course for Toei. And yes, I'm being hard on Toei. But then that's what happens when female Riders are less frequent than the Olympics.

On the plus side, as takenoko noted, her choreography is great. Ex-Aid is agile, but Poppy is a level above that. It looks really good in motion. And I like that her weapon is a damn wrist-mounted chainsaw.:D Toei has a bit of a chainsaw fetish lately, it seems, but I'm okay with it. However what the heck is "Critical crews-aid" supposed to mean?

Assuming that Poppy doesn't stay evil for the entire rest of the series though, I'm interested in seeing what they do with KR Poppy afterwards. The one drawback to the last female Rider, Malika, was that she was a bit of lost puppy following others. Right now Poppy is a step below that even, since she's brainwashed. She's always going to be a supporting character, but I am hopeful at some point her she gets a level of free agency we haven't seen in a female rider in many years.

Speaking of characters, Hiiro's actor killed it this episode. Normally he's the stoic one, so he doesn't get to do much emoting. But when he was explaining to Emu the problem with patients not trusting them, he sold that scene and then spent all the earnings on more acting lessons. He's not the main character, but I'm glad to see he's being given something meaningful to do. This is the kind of doctor drama the series hasn't been consistent in giving us, but is always fun when it does.

Finally, getting back to the subject of choreography, I also liked what they did with Maximum Mighty X on this episode. Having him flip in and out of the suit as a way to augment the suit's lack of agility looked really cool. And it makes for a neat, Iron Man-like ability to have the suit able to act on its own in a limited fashion. Oh, and I think this is the first time we've seen the henshin shield principle in effect for a Rider. It's interesting that it's Parado that gets it first, and not one of the heroes...

Random observation: was that a new background song that played after the CM break, at the start of the Poppy fight? I don't remember Ex-Aid having any songs that started with a bass solo like that.

CM: I watched the CM for once. It was a skin care commercial? Some days I'm genuinely confused by the intended audience. We joke about some of the shirtless guys being eye candy for the moms, but now I'm starting to wonder just how true that might be...
Kurokage X wrote:
takenoko wrote:Why is Graphite personally targetting Snipe? Wouldn't Brave be his true enemy? I mean, we even have Saki and Brave in the opening now.
Graphite targeting Snipe could stem from the fact that he gave Taiga his failure, not his greatest failure unless it is his greatest failure, as a doctor, addictive power of proto gashats aside, though that's just me
Exactly. Graphite has antagonized both Hiiro and Taiga. He killed Hiiro's girlfriend, and from what little information we've been given, defeated Proto-Snipe in the process. So having him go after either Rider makes sense, as he clearly enjoys being a dick.
takenoko wrote:I thought the pay off in the second half was great, but I hated the first half set up. I really dislike it when the characters don't make any sense. Like ordering the Riders to be on standby or when Emu tries to stop the player from fighting Salty instead of helping him. I guess they give a reason like halfway through the episode, but it feels like a strained way to stir up drama.
Agreed. Emu trying to stop the fight rather than just quickly KOing Salty was a bit of forced drama. Especially in a toku series, the solution to most problems is fighting, not not fighting. :P
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:CM: I watched the CM for once. It was a skin care commercial? Some days I'm genuinely confused by the intended audience. We joke about some of the shirtless guys being eye candy for the moms, but now I'm starting to wonder just how true that might be...
The CMs during Super Hero Time generally tend to be mostly focused on kid and mom products, with the occasional dad one thrown in. So you get a lot of toys, movies, kid's clothes, fast food, etc, with the occasional skin care/makeup commercial. Very rarely you'll see some collectable like a model car or train that's clearly marketing for the men. No alcohol cms during the kids time though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>However what the heck is "Critical crews-aid" supposed to mean?

It's how you spell "crusade" if you want to cram the word "aid" into it

>This is the kind of doctor drama the series hasn't been consistent in giving us, but is always fun when it does.

It's what I want, but the results are usually a mixed bag for me, since sometimes it comes off as badly setup or overdramatic. Too often it's "Oh, there's the dramatic music, this is where I'm supposed to feel some tension over the characters' conflict" before my intellectual side goes "You guys are being dumb/dense for the sake of drama."

>CM: I watched the CM for once. It was a skin care commercial? Some days I'm genuinely confused by the intended audience. We joke about some of the shirtless guys being eye candy for the moms, but now I'm starting to wonder just how true that might be...

We weren't going to sub it originally, but I made them put it in. Japanese kids need their dosage of swimsuit ladies.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:CM: I watched the CM for once. It was a skin care commercial? Some days I'm genuinely confused by the intended audience. We joke about some of the shirtless guys being eye candy for the moms, but now I'm starting to wonder just how true that might be...
The CMs during Super Hero Time generally tend to be mostly focused on kid and mom products, with the occasional dad one thrown in. So you get a lot of toys, movies, kid's clothes, fast food, etc, with the occasional skin care/makeup commercial. Very rarely you'll see some collectable like a model car or train that's clearly marketing for the men. No alcohol cms during the kids time though.
It's interesting. Since it's a weekend action show, I'd think this is the kind of thing Dad watches with the kids (and by kids, I mean sons; this is Toei, after all). Now if it were a weekday show and you were targeting stay-at-home Moms, then I'd expect more ads like this. It's an interesting cultural juxtaposition.
takenoko wrote:>However what the heck is "Critical crews-aid" supposed to mean?

It's how you spell "crusade" if you want to cram the word "aid" into it
*facepalm*

That's not a so-bad-its-good play on words. That's just completely and absolutely awful. :x
We weren't going to sub it originally, but I made them put it in. Japanese kids need their dosage of swimsuit ladies.
Apparently so. :lol:
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i give it a 3 for this episode. it's kinda off at beginning, but quite good in ending. or perhaps last week episode is just too strong.

about the patient resoulution, its good, rather than give up he still try to do something on his own, even though it would be failed but at least he/they try.
it leads me keep wondering willthere gonna be a good player that can at least defeat 1 of the bugster??? like Kirito from SAO i mean.
it would be a downer i think if every player just gonna be easily killed by the bugster isn't it?

Kamen Rider Poppy. yes she's a good addition for the series & Chronicle as well. i agree with Virge for now she quite decent charcter, and perhaps a good female rider since Malika (perhaps one of the best female rider i think, or at least the strongest). Poppy bcome some kind of judge is a good one as she's a navigator in this game. her fighting ability is not bad as well, her speed is good & her attack is also useful althought in the level of critical deadly as we seen snipe & ex-aid not in a danger yet even though receive all the critical finish attack from her.
i do think for her become a level X is having a purpose so that she can match whomever who violate the rule in Chronicle.
btw, could itbe that poppy took over the original Asuna body when she's come into real?

Parado is a bugster who really wanna fight for his kind. his willing to defend bugster life and not accepting that human is superior is a good motivation for the character. its a good follow up since we saw him kicking Genm Zombie when Dan kill Motors. About this motivation, i find Parado is kinda similar with Heart from KR Drive. he defend his kind & fight for them.
btw, i kind agree with Parad that perhaps chronicle is what humans want in game, so ya it also part fo their fault.

Hiiro is getting good, i like his dilema & character moment. actually i think he's the one who carried the moral of the episode with Emu as the initiator.
for snipe vs graphite well its ok, but kinda bored with it i guess. and obviously graphite has gained higher level now.

the big fight is interesting, ex aid level maxmum clearly show its very powerful and his on off from armor also explainable. but when he's out of armor, Parad lv 50 still can be on par with it. Parad call M in the end of his fighting. it's again raise the suspicion that M is the player & Emu is a doctor bugster inside.

kinda dislike with the teaser than revival of a person in chronicle is possible, or this is just a play to make Kiriya back??
next ep = Nico-Taiga ship episode i guess?

btw, thx take for the CM . in case someone wanna know who the female in it, it's hikari mori.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQuHyecD76a/ ---> her instagram
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

fenrir wrote:btw, could itbe that poppy took over the original Asuna body when she's come into real?
Huh. I've never considered that before. That would make a ton of sense.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

its really fun seeing emu using his lv99 ride armor like that, it gives the good ol metal slug vibe :lol: the OPness of few sec invul during jumping in and out
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Although, is he still level 2 when he jumps out of it? Seems kind of pointless when he's so normally outmatched by Para-DX without it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”