KR Ex-Aid 30 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 21, 2017 11:38 am

☆☆☆☆☆
94%
☆☆☆☆
3%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 31
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 30 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - He's baaaack

Last week's poll rating: 4.82 / 5 (28 votes)

Pretty good. Honestly, I have mixed feelings about them fast tracking the Chronicle battles, but we've seen those guys get defeated at least 3-4 times already. It's probably the right decision in terms of pacing, it just feels weird.

Poppy and Nico transform only to get knocked down, some things never change.

I feel like Dan's plan to come back to life as Genm Level 0 is overly convoluted? So it required Poppy using her past memories to find a box, try to transform with Gashat 0, fail at it, then find his avatar in a game, then put the belt on him, and trigger the Gashat, and that's what unlocks it? Why? How does that make any sense?

Having Hiiro, Taiga, and Nico realize that they need to run to Emu's aid was awesome. But man, Nico, you are too young to be manipulating older men like that.

Honestly thought that was Poppy as Genm Level 0. What an awesome surprise. At least the part about Genm turning into a Bugster makes sense. This is probably going to be revealed in the next episode, but I wonder if this mean we'll see Lazer also revived.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 30 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

One plausible explanation to why Tetsuya Iwanaga returned: the moms love him oh so much, especially his shirtless scene some episodes ago.

Story-wise, it's alright. At least Parado is proving to be one heck of a final boss and Poppy being cute again.

Spoiler
Um, Poppy-chan, you're gonna regret storing Bugster!Dan in your Bugvisor II. Find other means to keep him in storage and in check.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

good episode. they clearly fast tracking the chroicle battle.
i like the drama in here when they try to help Emu.
a bitof good explanation about Parado & Emu indeed
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I heard that Tetsuya Iwanaga didn't have any flowers when episode 23 finished filming.

Now for the episode: The Gamemaster is back, just as crazy as before as a bugster that can use a gamer driver and back in his old suit with silver/gray lines instead of purple. How since he's a bugster unless he still has his human dna. Now that I think of it, how was he able to see that plan for self resurrection work since it required Poppy to remember her human host's memories, knowing that she may not even be aware of them at first, use a driver to enter might action x origin's game world, find a bugster, give it a gamer driver, then the gashat to resurrect himself. He must have done simulations of this to be sure this works otherwise it's a Deus Ex Machina

And Poppy & Nico fight as their rider forms which is a plus, sorta once you see that they got curbstomped, somewhat expected.

I don't understand why some people make the assumption that Poppy would be Genm level 0 when she introduces Genm since she's a full bugster that doesn't have human DNA like Parad so if she did become Genm level 0 without a human dna would be a plot hole

And I like how when Emu says his line where he changes the fate of the patient, the human race in this case, Parad just copies it and switched it to changing the bugster's fate. and the fights are cool and it's good to hear Genm's background theme again when he revealed himself
Last edited by Kurokage X on Fri May 12, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

The memelord returns.

That is all.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I believe this is the first we've heard of a Rider's Game Fields producing effects. Makes me wonder if the other Gashat's produce effects as well outside of the random power-ups that litter the field. If so they probably could've been used to make battle even more interesting.

So Kuroto is back. Still crazy as shit. I'm kinda surprised they brought him back. Seemed to me that they've been building up Parado as the final boss and Kuroto's story was done.
takenoko wrote: I feel like Dan's plan to come back to life as Genm Level 0 is overly convoluted? So it required Poppy using her past memories to find a box, try to transform with Gashat 0, fail at it, then find his avatar in a game, then put the belt on him, and trigger the Gashat, and that's what unlocks it? Why? How does that make any sense?
No doubt it's ridiculous but it's Kuroto. He sees himself as a Gamemaster. The convoluted design probably just seems to him like a long ass sidequest with an amazing reward. Life, in this case.
takenoko wrote: But man, Nico, you are too young to be manipulating older men like that.
Nico's 18 right? She's a bit childish but old enough to do her own thing I suppose.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:I feel like Dan's plan to come back to life as Genm Level 0 is overly convoluted? So it required Poppy using her past memories to find a box, try to transform with Gashat 0, fail at it, then find his avatar in a game, then put the belt on him, and trigger the Gashat, and that's what unlocks it? Why? How does that make any sense?
so it's like any Japanese video game, then? where the solution is some convoluted process that only makes sense to the developers?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Dan can't be a full Bugster right? He was using the Gamer Driver and Parado said in the previous episode that full Bugstars cannot use it, which means he has to be a hybrid as well.

I'm unsure how I feel about Dan being back so soon. On the one hand, it's good because the show is really lacking in both deep and enjoyable characters, but I feel like he hasn't been dead long enough for it to have an impact. I don't see him and the other riders working together for that long because he is crazy and evil, but he'll be fun to have around.

Minor preview spoilers
Spoiler
You can see both Hiro and Taiga holding Dual Gashat Betas, so Dan presumably makes another so they can both go level 50 and one isn't stuck with DHZ
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Zenuku5 »

...I want Dan's jacket from when he was in Proto Mighty Action X world...it was a fun looking silly jacket. I kinda wanted to see more of it instead of seeing him wearing that lame white jacket (No offense to those who like such but it just doesn't have as much visual interest for me.)

I honestly agree with what's been said thus far. KR Chronicle battles are being rushed but after seeing these guys so many times already it's a relief to me. I'd rather see them get curb stomped by Team Bang Bang Nico than deal with whole episodes devoted to beating them...AGAIN.

Dan's revival had me groaning. I honestly wish iit had been Lazer she'd brought back...somebody get Proto Bakusou Bike and see if we can't bring him back instead! He was smarter than Dan anyways, inventing the program that became Maximum Mighty X! Dan's the Game Master, but Kiriya is the real developer!

...I liked seeing Dan get sucked into the Bugvisor though. He deserved it...is it wrong I want them to bring back Burgemon and stick them BOTH in it just to torture Dan by putting him in close proximity to a Bugster he hates?

And lastly, Yay for everyone at least TRYING to come together to rescue Emu, who WAS in fact a patient in this instance and deserved saving!
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Poppy only started accessing these past memories when she was reset; so that makes the plan even more convoluted, lol. Also remember that the belt Poppy placed on Bugster Kuroto was in the same case as Level 0, so it's maybe a special case Gamer Driver.

I don't think Parado is final boss. With Dan being back, we could get Gold Drive's true form and Dan unlock/create something more powerful than Dangerous Zombie; thus turning on the heroes.

You also still have Chronicle, right? The ultimate game must also be the ultimate transformation, but how?
Unless it turns out like Ganbarizing, which didn't have a form itself. I guess after Heisei Damashii, they didn't want a repeat.

Spoiler
Also in the preview, you see Hiiro holding Bakusou Bike.

That's nice to see two Betas. I was wondering when it would happen. At one point I was thinking Taiga would die, and Hiiro would use Bang Bang Simulations in honor. Maybe even getting a combined form.
Now I'm just thinking/waiting for Brave's final form. If Emu might exceed Level Max, then secondary rider should go to Level 99/100, with third stuck at Level 50; but maybe powering it up in a way that Dangerous Zombie was 10 and X.
Blade King, Garren Joker, Chalice Wild. Kiwami Gaim, Lemon Energy Baron, Ryugen Yomi. Kind of, bad examples, I suppose.
If only Bang Bang Tank turned into something unique and brought into the series, but it may just be a Level 4. We won't know for a bit.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Welcome back you beautiful, beautiful psycho you. Your presence has greatly been missed. I knew they would find some way to bring him back where he would become the final boss, but I didn't expect them to do it like this. I approve. Now just bring back Kiriya and all will be perfect.
takenoko wrote:I feel like Dan's plan to come back to life as Genm Level 0 is overly convoluted? So it required Poppy using her past memories to find a box, try to transform with Gashat 0, fail at it, then find his avatar in a game, then put the belt on him, and trigger the Gashat, and that's what unlocks it? Why? How does that make any sense?
The way I look at it is that Dan is similar to the Riddler. Both are super intelligent and are capable of achieving their goals flawlessly, but they do things the convoluted way because it's more fun and proves their superiority over others.
Zenuku5 wrote:I'd rather see them get curb stomped by Team Bang Bang Nico than deal with whole episodes devoted to beating them...AGAIN.
PLEASE never say the words Bang Bang Nico again.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

When Dan was found in Proto Mighty X I think he was trying to take Ryoma's place for most ridiculous civilian outfit in a Kamen Rider series. Also are the writers trying to acknowledge that Dan's character has become a living soundboard/meme?
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Poppy still has the Gashacon Bugvisor 2.0? I thought she threw it away since she clearly states that she doesn't want to fight anyone. And Kamen Rider Poppy's statements regarding her eyes turning blue because she is a good Bugster kinda bugs me. What does that mean for Paradox Perfect Knock Out Gamer that has both red and blue eyes? And the way she handles Kuroto after his revival kinda makes me thinking that
Spoiler
Poppy's former human that got infected is actually Kuroto's mother since Poppy handles Kuroto like how a mother handles her naughty son
. Overall, a good development episode for Poppy's role from a standard game navigator.

Kuroto's return creates more question than answer. A data backup seems the most logical answer, but how did Dan manages to backup his data right until the moment he vanishes? As far as I observed, he doesn't have the Proto Mighty Action X Level 0 Gashat when he vanishes. The Driver Poppy inserted into the Bugster means to be acting as a Bugster antivirus that removes the Bugster data while the Gashat clearly shows that it only has Dan's backup data inside.

As for how Dan plan his resurrection, I'm pretty sure he doesn't just rely on Poppy's memory returning. He doesn't put the Gashat and Driver in some highly protected area, instead just putting it in his old hiding place. And when Poppy puts the Gashat inside, she doesn't transform into Genm, but the Game Screen still hangs out. A good hints for a game character to jump inside the game's world.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Zerato wrote:Welcome back you beautiful, beautiful psycho you. Your presence has greatly been missed. I knew they would find some way to bring him back where he would become the final boss, but I didn't expect them to do it like this. I approve. Now just bring back Kiriya and all will be perfect.
How would that be "perfect"? You keep reviving characters, you risk killing any chances the show would have at drama and raising stakes. I mean, isn't that one of the big things a (vocal) majority of people were griping about all during Ghost? "Takeru keeps coming back to life, this is terrible!!" and such? What makes this show or more directly Kiriya so different that it gets excused from that?

Tl;dr: If you griped about Ghost or
Spoiler
Ryuki
or others doing it, shouldn't you also do that here?
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I thought this was also really good. Most of the issues here (the kind of out-of-nowhere sequence in the game world, MMX looking distractedly clunky while fighting Perfect Knock Out) felt like they were holding back an otherwise perfect episode rather than dominating the episode itself, which I take as a good sign. Parado's showing himself to be an interesting villain, Dan's return was well done, and Emu being less skilled from now on is going to be quite interesting (he still seems skilled enough that it won't make much of a difference against normal bugstars, but there's quite a lot that can be done with this twist).
CaptainTalon449 wrote:Also are the writers trying to acknowledge that Dan's character has become a living soundboard/meme?
Can't stop Dank Kuruto!
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”