KR Ex-Aid 35 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 am

☆☆☆☆☆
84%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
4%

Total votes: 25
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Ex-Aid 35 released

Post by stardrago »

okay, why is it that the subbed versions for 'muteki' is 'unrivaled" instead of "invincible'?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm guessing because muteki literally means "unrivaled". Although... if this is based off Super Mario Brother's star, then Invincible Mode would make more sense. /me pokes xiiliea
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

stardrago wrote:okay, why is it that the subbed versions for 'muteki' is 'unrivaled" instead of "invincible'?
Because Dan said he was making a "completely muteki Gashat".

"Invincible" in English, especially in gaming terms, is too linked with invulnerability. An "invincible Gashat" doesn't make sense, because you don't attack the Gashat. An unrivaled Gashat makes more sense, because nobody can win it.
This is the Japanese definition from https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/215663/ ... %E6%95%B5/
非常に強くて敵対するものがないこと。対抗できるものがないこと。また、そのさま。「無敵な(の)猛将」
Exceedingly strong, cannot be opposed. Impossible to fight against. (Eg. An unrivaled general)

It never once mentions "take no damage", or "cannot be killed". And "an invincible general" makes no sense in that context if we're applying "invulnerable" to that definition.

Yeah, I know "invincible" doesn't exactly mean "invulnerable", but in gaming terms, it does.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But isn't the form a reference to the star from super mario? There's no gaming term for "unrivaled", there is a gaming term for "invincible".
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote:But isn't the form a reference to the star from super mario? There's no gaming term for "unrivaled", there is a gaming term for "invincible".
I just don't think Ex-Aid will be invulnerable. If I say he is completely invincible and he takes damage, everyone will go "eh?!".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPgZlhTuS9U

Please replace Ex-Aid BGM with this for Muteki Mode.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This was a great episode with excellent drama. I wonder though what Kiriya whispered to Emu? Surely we have to know in the next episode or else.

Spoiler
So we get a new villainous Rider named Fuuma in the movie. When I first saw the name so did I think he was gonna be a reference to Getsu Fuuma den, but then I remembered that's a Konami IP and not a Namco IP (that and he doesn't look like that Fuuma). So I guess the name has more to do with being based on games about ninjas.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

say, could someone post/subbed that longer trailer for the movies?
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

@takenoko
What's with the weird dramatic opening this week? Did they change the opening sequence again?
do you agree if i think that kind of dramatic opening would be very suitable if Ex-Aid = super sentai????

good episode. the doctor drama thing is used in a good way in these episodes after Kiriya Death i think. and here we being presented when someone was brought back alive.

the whispering thing will become pivotal for this series i think. Emu never rage as hard as that. so it must be something serious.
and since Kiriya is a very good mysterious character + his actor way of facial expression. i still doubt he's becoming an enemy of the series. don't forget, the things that he really regret is when his partner die bcoz of his blunt information. and he did regret that.

in my theory he's just playing to be more asshole jerky, to hide his future plan to counter Chronos.
his last scene in this episode kinda shows that he's remembering something sad/cynical of his death by Genm strike
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Minji »

fenrir wrote:Kiriya is a very good mysterious character + his actor way of facial expression. i still doubt he's becoming an enemy of the series. don't forget, the things that he really regret is when his partner die bcoz of his blunt information. and he did regret that.

in my theory he's just playing to be more asshole jerky, to hide his future plan to counter Chronos.
his last scene in this episode kinda shows that he's remembering something sad/cynical of his death by Genm strike
Excellent points! I'm really curious about the whisper, something along the lines of "Just play along, show Chronos I'm on his side" seems almost too obvious given how Emu said that he would play along. I thought maybe Kiriya gave him a new piece of information that caused him a lot of distress. But like you pointed out, Kiriya's biggest regret (that we know of) is telling too much, basically, which is also why he tends to withhold information. I didn't originally think too much about that last scene in the rain, but now that you mentioned it, there could be a connection since it was also raining when Dan killed Kiriya. (As an aside, I love Dan's smug smile when Kiriya mentioned his death.) Kiriya's expression was interesting for sure, I like the idea of him remembering something about his death.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i dont know if that would be a GOOD or Meh if Kiriya& Emu fighting thing is just an act to fool Chronos thou.
but yes it might happend.
Ex-Aid wont be as serious as Amazons i guess. so ya that kind of scenario would be suitable for it i guess
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Assuming there weren't any camera shenanigans and we can trust the scene to be revealed to us in "real time" then Kiriya's whisper was quite fast - not long enough to be a full sentence.

I kinda think he whispered "Kill me," and that pissed off Emu quite a bit because of his whole sanctity of life thing, and he surely expected more from his partner. Kiriya then going back to the spot where he died and sort of... reminiscing? about it, makes me think he doesn't wanna be here or working for Masamune, deep down inside.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

xiiliea wrote:
takenoko wrote:But isn't the form a reference to the star from super mario? There's no gaming term for "unrivaled", there is a gaming term for "invincible".
I just don't think Ex-Aid will be invulnerable. If I say he is completely invincible and he takes damage, everyone will go "eh?!".
So if he is unrivaled but will still take damage won't surprise people at all then? And speaking of gaming terms with the way its used on the second slot for the gamer driver it would give 10 seconds of invincibility like in games.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Is it bad that I wanted this episode to play out exactly how it did? Seriously, after Emu tried to reprogram Laser, I whispered "Kick him," and lo and behold, I got my wish. I like the way this series is panning out, and hope that the final movie is just as good.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”