KyuuRanger Space.45 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
20%

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.45 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.11 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt title: Jirou's back!

I wonder why Anton didn't just put his head on the robot before.

Do we get a reason for why Tsurugi is dying? Feel like I missed something.

Liked the episode better upon translating it. The speech Lucky gives to tell Tsurugi not to just lay down and die is good. And the Kotarou/Jirou stuff is good too.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KyuuRanger Space.45 released

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, the instant mood lighting on Tsurugi was unintentionally hilarious.

And who the hell do I need to call to get Raptor some transformed screen time?! Seriously, she has got to be the most shafted ranger EVER, I can't even remember the last time she was transformed. Is the suit too heavy/expensive? What gives?!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I remember her transforming when she became a KyuuRanger? I don't even remember if she's had a focus episode.

I think maybe she got some screen time when the original Orion ship died, but most of the lady focused episodes follow this gross pattern of secretly being about other characters.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 pm Do we get a reason for why Tsurugi is dying? Feel like I missed something.
My guess is that time when Tsurugi gave his life essence or whatever to a not-so-well Lucky during the Orion arc
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

It's funny to hear that Lucky uses Tsurugi's punchline, 'Suna wachi' (In other words) [I don't know if that is the spelling] in his speech.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Tsurugi is dying because he saved Luckys life 15 episodes ago and is only feeling it now?

I hate this show.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Perhaps I'm just a softie tonight, but even though nothing of great substance really happened in this episode, this may very well be my favorite episode of KyuuRanger. Like Sentai in general, the show tries to present matters in a humanist perspective, but it hasn't had much luck at it this season. Except for this episode. This is one of the few episodes where that old Sentai optimism shines through and feels genuine, rather than being a plot point to quickly move past on the way to the next fight or gag.

I think a lot of it has to do with the focus on Kotarou for this episode. I've said it once and I'll say it again: he's the best damn character on the show. And perhaps that's because he's a bit generic - he just wants to be a hero - but compared to the quirky chuckleheads that the rest of the team is composed of, his level-headed nature is refreshing.

So long, Dr. Anton. I don't feel like we really got a chance to know you. But then again, after you went evil you just became a generic mad scientist, albeit one with a robot bull hench-body.

Shirtless Tsurugi. Everyone take a shot!

And finally, I really liked the group henshin there towards the end. Integrating their roll call into the transformation was a neat way to shake things up. And it kept it from feeling tacked on, as is often the case.
njb wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 pm Do we get a reason for why Tsurugi is dying? Feel like I missed something.
My guess is that time when Tsurugi gave his life essence or whatever to a not-so-well Lucky during the Orion arc
Bingo. Tsurugi is (belatedly) paying the price for performing a miracle of life after he already surrendered his immortality. He already spent his extra life, now he's spent his actual life.:(
Lunagel wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 am And who the hell do I need to call to get Raptor some transformed screen time?! Seriously, she has got to be the most shafted ranger EVER, I can't even remember the last time she was transformed. Is the suit too heavy/expensive? What gives?!
That is a wonderful question that I've been pondering myself. Despite being one of the original 9, Raptor has for all practical purposes been relegated to the role of bridge bunny. Which isn't to say that Sentai hasn't had plenty of those before, or even that part-time heroes aren't a new thing (see: Kyouryuuger). But it's especially noticeable/bad here because Raptor was made a Ranger so early, and her absence has been so consistent since the mid-season Orion arc.

Though I suppose what really makes it ridiculous is that because Raptor is always on the side, of the 10 rangers that actually get regularly deployed, there's a single woman among them. Which is an unusually lopsided ratio, even by Sentai standards.
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

This episode is ok, I was fine with it. Only sore spot for me would be with Don Armage

We finally got the end of crazy Doctor Anton so there's that. Why did Anton took so long to take over proto Champ. speaking of which Champ are you done with Doc Anton even if the crazed scientist who gets triggered when you call him an idiot, is not the man you know. Do we have closure on it.

and we get to see Jirou again so ok.

so the reason we have so many don Armage is because Cuervo shares a body with the original don and can make clones at will. That's obvious in hindsight, but the reason he wants to take over the world is odd. So he wants to become the universe to stop all suffering in the universe and I think, then why are you causing the suffering in the first place? You're not exactly doing a good job don Cuervo.

So Tsurugi is dying. I wonder if his immortality blast he did had the other side effect of making him lose his life over time. Whatever the case is I say Lucky may be in the right when it comes to that little speech of don't lay down yet.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Everyone has pretty said my thoughts but I'm shocked no one has applauded that insane camera work and choreography during the Tsurugi Vs. Cuervo fight. Those angles, elevations, and speed along with the music flowed flawlessly. Does anyone else agree?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

lennyhouston16 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:07 pm Everyone has pretty said my thoughts but I'm shocked no one has applauded that insane camera work and choreography during the Tsurugi Vs. Cuervo fight. Those angles, elevations, and speed along with the music flowed flawlessly. Does anyone else agree?
Yup, I like that. It's been a while since we see something like that.
jok3.14
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: No particular answer, maybe Drive and Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: No particular answer
Dreamy: No particular answer
Favorite Actor?: No particular answer
Favorite Band: No particular answer
My boom: Car, also I'm currently known as adak_rms, I can't change my name here.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by jok3.14 »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 am
And who the hell do I need to call to get Raptor some transformed screen time?! Seriously, she has got to be the most shafted ranger EVER, I can't even remember the last time she was transformed. Is the suit too heavy/expensive? What gives?!
Oh, and if you wanted the reason, it's CGI,man.
Also,still can't believe TOEI didn't focus the budget on WashiPink.
The(inadequate and insufficient)reasons:
1- rApTor iS aN AssIsT roBoT
2-iF rApTor goEs FIghtIng,wHo's piLOting oRIon-gOU

PLEASE TOEI! FOCUS YOUR BUDGETS ON WASHIPINK AS YOU DID ON HAWKGATLING
p.s: BTW idk who to call.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”