KR Build 34 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 20, 2018 11:04 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 34 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Ryuuga becomes a protagonist

Last week's results: 3.77 / 5 (13 votes)

Pretty good Banjou episode. We see him doing stuff, making decisions, get cool effects on his transformation.

Sento's Rabbit Rabbit bottle sound really ruined the serious mood at the beginning.

Nanba is eating youkan this time? What happened to the taiyaki? Also, nice cowboys.

Series still kind of suffers from that way they chose to set it up though. Master is still overpowered and obviously manipulating them all. Seriously, Banjou, if Master is listing numbers like some dreaded countdown, you should be more wary.

Banjou takes main stage, which is good, but the only way they accomplish this is by having Sento completely out of the picture. Kazumin is still there, but just barely. His unupgraded form makes him look like a wannabe Rider amongst gods, and predictably, he's taken out almost instantly. Crocodile boy should be here trying to avenge his dad, but instead is just gone after the beginning. There's just no balance to anything as they rush from one plot beat to the next.

And while it's cool to see Banjou become the villain, it leaves me with questions. Like where's Master? Does this mean Banjou's character will be completely useless from here on, since he's now possessed? Does this mean Gentoku has to try to kill Banjou in order to avenge his father? I have to admit that I have my concerns about where the plot goes from here.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 34 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Even more crap hit the fan and the bad guy wins again... This feels like a re-thread of Chronos' initial run with a few deviations.

So Stark's flashback with Takumi got fleshed out and revealed Takumi's attempts to hunt the Martian down... Nagase-kun, please teach Takumi about compassion for other species, please?

Hey, uh, Sora Amamiya... Don't die on us. The Tower's getting erected and I feel you still have one last breathe to turn that Tower into The Dark Tower 2018.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pm Nanba is eating youkan this time? What happened to the taiyaki? Also, nice cowboys.
It follows a trope about old people in Japan following tradition. Taiyaki is for the cold months and youkan is for hot months.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:48 pm Even more crap hit the fan and the bad guy wins again... This feels like a re-thread of Chronos' initial run with a few deviations.
With Chronos it felt tiring since he was basically the threat for literally most of the second half of the season. The show got boring for me because of that, but with Evolt/Stark it's not boring for some reason. I feel like there's more essence in the second half of Build than Ex-Aid. I do feel like the writers saw what happened in Ex-Aid and learned from that to create something better.
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pm Crocodile boy should be here trying to avenge his dad, but instead is just gone after the beginning.
true, seems like the producer has forgot that they still have rogue :lol:

and please TOEI stop making grease look weak more than this, Kazumi deserve a form upgrade

its always get my nerve when 3rd rider stop getting upgrade after their second/third form like Snipe
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Hell Brothers are still lurking around for Grease to beat up.

I'm loving the repeated use of night scenes. It was a pretty cool battle. Dragon Evol looks pretty cool as well.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Evangeline wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:01 amand please TOEI stop making grease look weak more than this, Kazumi deserve a form upgrade

its always get my nerve when 3rd rider stop getting upgrade after their second/third form like Snipe
It's not like it's anything new.
Spoiler
Agito had the main 3 get power-ups, Another Agito was left out
No Riders beyond Ryuki and Knight got upgrades in Ryuki
Faiz was the only one get power-ups in his show
Blade's was everyone but Leangle.
Hibiki was just Hibiki powering up
Kabuto was just him and Gatack in some HBV video that doesn't really count for anything.
Den-O was him and Zeronos but that show only had 2 Riders anyways
Kiva had him and IXA, Saga got left out.
Decade, just Decade. Ok DiEnd too but, that was also in some video that doesn't count.
Double was him and Accel, but that show also only had 2 Riders anyways.
OOO was just him. I'm hesitant to count Birth since technically he had all that gear since day 1.
Fourze and Wizard, *points to Double and Den-O*
Gaim was just Gaim. Everyone else really just had armor changes.
Drive got the most power-ups. Was Dead Heat one for Mach? I honestly forget.
Ghost was just him and Specter.
Ex-Aid, I think it was just him, Brave and Snipe.
My point being that Heisei Rider has always kinda flip-flopped on tertiary Riders so, don't worry, they don't have anything against Grease here; just luck of the draw.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The big issue is the show format. If you don't have monsters of the week and just have the same strong guys then someone has to job every time. If you have monsters to kill then they'd get thrown a bone every now and then.
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection

Post by Evangeline »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 am
Evangeline wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:01 amand please TOEI stop making grease look weak more than this, Kazumi deserve a form upgrade

It's not like it's anything new.
Spoiler
Agito had the main 3 get power-ups, Another Agito was left out
No Riders beyond Ryuki and Knight got upgrades in Ryuki
Faiz was the only one get power-ups in his show
Blade's was everyone but Leangle.
Hibiki was just Hibiki powering up
Kabuto was just him and Gatack in some HBV video that doesn't really count for anything.
Den-O was him and Zeronos but that show only had 2 Riders anyways
Kiva had him and IXA, Saga got left out.
Decade, just Decade. Ok DiEnd too but, that was also in some video that doesn't count.
Double was him and Accel, but that show also only had 2 Riders anyways.
OOO was just him. I'm hesitant to count Birth since technically he had all that gear since day 1.
Fourze and Wizard, *points to Double and Den-O*
Gaim was just Gaim. Everyone else really just had armor changes.
Drive got the most power-ups. Was Dead Heat one for Mach? I honestly forget.
Ghost was just him and Specter.
Ex-Aid, I think it was just him, Brave and Snipe.
My point being that Heisei Rider has always kinda flip-flopped on tertiary Riders so, don't worry, they don't have anything against Grease here; just luck of the draw.
upgrade doesnt always mean to change form, it can be a semi-minor upgrade too like ouja' deck
Spoiler
Ouja did get upgrade even though only his deck and his mirror monster
well, in Faiz series its not like the belt only stay on one user, everyone can wear it as long as they have orphonoch DNA and even for final boss its feels like the other rider doesnt need upgrade form. every belt also has its uniqueness and thats why
Leangle got lastest rider system compare others 3
but if every rider in this series has hyper form, cant imagine whats gonna happen in this series
Saga basically same as kiva base form, while kiva got upgrade to Emperor form, Taiga got himself 2nd kiva bat and Dark Kiva power much higher than emperor form
'Everyone else really just had armor changes' if thats so then Gaim doesnt has final form b/c thats how rider in gaim series change into side/other form. zangetsu to zangetsu-shin, ryugen to ryugen yomi, and baron to baron-shin to lord baron are an upgrade, even though ryugen to ryugen yomi doesnt has new belt, but at least lockseed that he used, he's only one that has yomi LS not everyone has it, same thing to Gaim not everyone has kachidoki and kiwami LS
Mach did get his last form with chaser on final episode, and Chaser from Mashin Chaser to KR Chaser
i dont know about ghost since the series itself is meh
then about Genm to Genm lv. X, lv.X to lv.0 to lv.X-0 is what? Lazer to Lazer lv.0 too
they upgrade snipe lv.2 into lv.50 is a good one, why cant grease get one? only one tho while Banjou from Cross Charge to Cross-Z to Cross Magma
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I really want to like this episode more. But for the love of Mike, I'm getting tired of watching Stark win again, and again, and again. In a meta-sense the outcome is of course pre-determined since this is a written drama, but even in-universe things feel like Stark has complete control, and as a result it's extremely hard to get invested into the show and its stakes. Just what is the point if the bad guy always wins?

It wouldn't be so bad of the heroes were at least a little bit genre savvy. But no, they walk into these traps again and again. Bring Misora? Sure, why not? Trust Stark to keep to his word? He's an honest alien! Get goaded into fights? Nothing bad could possibly happen...

Not that it was all bad. The night fight really was spectacular. They combined CGI, external lighting, and physical squib packs perfectly. Night fights are always a treat, so I'm glad to see another one.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pmAnd while it's cool to see Banjou become the villain, it leaves me with questions. Like where's Master? Does this mean Banjou's character will be completely useless from here on, since he's now possessed? Does this mean Gentoku has to try to kill Banjou in order to avenge his father? I have to admit that I have my concerns about where the plot goes from here.
They'll find some way to get Evolt out of Banjou. They're not going to want to overdub the guy for the next dozen episodes.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:09 am Hell Brothers are still lurking around for Grease to beat up.
I had forgotten all about them. And for good reason: they're entirely forgettable. But you're right, Toei has to keep some kind of fodder around for Grease to beat up.:|
I'm loving the repeated use of night scenes. It was a pretty cool battle. Dragon Evol looks pretty cool as well.
Agreed on both counts!
Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:50 am The big issue is the show format. If you don't have monsters of the week and just have the same strong guys then someone has to job every time. If you have monsters to kill then they'd get thrown a bone every now and then.
It's almost like wrestling, in a way. You have the same superstars fighting each other week after week. And who wins and who loses has nothing to do with ability.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P

Post by ryujin »

Looks to me like they went the KyuuRanger route with hero going bad like Silver, oh man, this plot twist again, really?, this will probably drag for a few more episodes it seems

Sure enough, Sento has the Evol Driver blueprints and will make his own and name it Love Driver :P to counterattack
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Evangeline wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 pmupgrade doesnt always mean to change form, it can be a semi-minor upgrade too like ouja' deck
You said "form upgrade" so, I was mainly thinking on Riders who actually changed forms not someone like Ouja who just looted corpses and used their cards...
Saga basically same as kiva base form, while kiva got upgrade to Emperor form, Taiga got himself 2nd kiva bat and Dark Kiva power much higher than emperor form
I don't remember that being treated as an upgrade in the show, though. Taiga just nabs a suit iirc and stops using the one that looked much better.
Gaim snip
What's a "Baron-Shin"? You mean Mango?
I'd list Kiwami as more than that because the whole suit changed (aka, form upgrade. Full circle!). It was also able to utilize the different weapons and more than just changing out the shoulder pads would've done. (Kachidoki is cool too, before I get the pitchforks!)
they upgrade snipe lv.2 into lv.50 is a good one, why cant grease get one? only one tho while Banjou from Cross Charge to Cross-Z to Cross Magma
Because as I said before, it's just luck of the draw. Catastrophe brought up a good point earlier in that the show format plays a big role in it and unfortunately, someone like Grease is gonna take the hits.

Look at it this way, though. Doesn't it make him cooler or just more better as a character if he can take all this abuse and still come out on top? You knock him down again and again but like one of those bopper-toys, he just comes right back asking if that's all ya got. I'd watch that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Greases design is 10/10 as well. I'd hate for them to fuck it up. Upgrades are overrated when you could just bullshit and say his Hazard Level has risen anyway.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:27 amWhat's a "Baron-Shin"? You mean Mango?
Evangeline might be referring to Lord Baron.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:30 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:27 amWhat's a "Baron-Shin"? You mean Mango?
Evangeline might be referring to Lord Baron.
I considered that but, the sentence read "and baron to baron-shin to lord baron are an upgrade" so, that's why I thought the person meant Mango as the in-between.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”