KR Build 46 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 46 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - The end of Build, the beginning of Zi-O?

Last week's results: 3.91 / 5 (11 votes)

Ah, poor Kazumin, you raised your own death flag. Ah well, at least there'll be less creepy Miitan stuff though.

What an emotional back and forth it was for him. At first, I'd given up on him ever getting an upgrade. Then, he gets the Blizzard thing and go "Oh yeah, since he got infused with more Nebula Gas, he can't use the power up, so this is a cop out answer to why he won't get a power up." And then he gets it, and it just means he'll probably die (unless he uses his manly will power to overcome death again?)

But how am I supposed to feel about Kazumin? He's a man stuck in a cycle. Besides the Miitan thing, yup, let's bring back the 3 crows. You can feel the writer scraping the bottom of the barrel for something for him to do. It's a disappointing and sort of unfair treatment for his character, who's genuinely likable and fun for the most part.

The barbecue scene looked freaking fun. I love all the summer tropes, despite it being a calm before the final battle. Miitan's hair was cute in that scene.

Is Build's ending going to lead directly into Zi-O? Combining parallel worlds to "defeat" Evolt seems like it'd be super destructive. Still, it's pretty bold and I give it points for that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Be The One full music video

Post by takenoko »

Eh. I can't tell if there's any new footage in this or if they just reedited the footage that they had for the first part. Either way, stop letting those old guys do the editing, I don't care about them!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 46 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The final plan to create a new world out of parallel worlds A and B can ruin any potential tearjerker events come the next episode or anything else up until that process is complete. All the casualties from the previous episodes will be reversed, and all the Rider projects erased to ensure that they'll never be dug up or studied about. I don't like this gameplan, but whatever, Build production crew.

Good, another P-Bandai item coming out later. Grease Lightning, at the very least, you'll go out on a bang.

Eh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Preview-related but, I thought this was a pretty clever fan vid.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At this point I'm terribly confused about the whole plan. Sento wants to merge two Earths, and yet somehow that won't result in one of the worlds dying or two of everything? And it conveniently gets rid of Evolt, Skywall, and Pandora's box? Parallel worlds is a fine (if convoluted) story mechanism when done right, but this feels like it goes too far and makes things happen "just because."

As for Kazumin, I've had him marked as a goner since day 1. So if indeed he is going to bite it, I can't say I'm surprised. And while I agree with Takenoko that he hasn't had much in the way of good material in the interim either, at least the fight in this episode was good. They made good use of wire-fu up until he had his mental breakdown.

The towel thing was really weird though. I mean we get plenty of weird Japanese things on this show, but that one scene honestly skeevied me out a bit...

Speaking of epic things, that entrance before the big fight was pretty epic. Getting that many extras together to run away while the riders walk forward, looked really good. Especially with the slow-mo and the heat distortion. That is how a hero walks into battle! (Of course then Evolt just killed untold thousands of people...)

And what the hell is Nanba doing back from the dead?! (Please don't be a Utsumi trap)

Finally, does anyone else get the impression that Toei's scheduling somehow went wrong here? The movie set before episode 46 doesn't premiere until a week after 46?
takenoko wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 amThe barbecue scene looked freaking fun.
It was practically mandatory given what was coming later. None the less, as what's likely to be the last scene we get with everyone together and not in the process of getting their butts kicked, it was a tranquil scene.:)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Finally, does anyone else get the impression that Toei's scheduling somehow went wrong here? The movie set before episode 46 doesn't premiere until a week after 46?

LOL, logistics are hard. Maybe they had an unexpected week delay. Someone probably just screwed up though.

>It was practically mandatory given what was coming later. None the less, as what's likely to be the last scene we get with everyone together and not in the process of getting their butts kicked, it was a tranquil scene.:)

It feels like the kind of thing that'd double as the cast send off party. Hopefully that was the last thing they filmed since that'd be a cool way of ending it for the actors.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:03 amIt feels like the kind of thing that'd double as the cast send off party. Hopefully that was the last thing they filmed since that'd be a cool way of ending it for the actors.
Right? Like I can totally see the rest of the crew coming in there and partying the moment the cameras were done rolling.

"You have to work a night shot this week, but once we're done there will be BBQ and drinks on the Toei roof!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The ending is typical frustrating Build. Grease knows that the Crows are clones and wasn't struggling against them, but then was and now has to use his deadly upgrade. If he had to use it to beat Mad Rogue or some other established character I'd enjoy the tension a little more.

That aside, Grease Blizzard is sweet. Probably the best end stage kitbashed suit we've ever had, and Kazumin replying to the Build Drivers 'Are You Ready' was awesome. Hoping that if he does die, he goes out like a champ.

I hope that Builds ending wasn't retooled to tie into the next series.

Also, onore Golfgom for next week.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Poor Gentoku. They all rejected the t-shirts he made for them. And I like that the one intended for Kazumi actually said potato (ぽてと) on it.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Man if I were Decade I would be pissed right now that Build is stealing my whole parallel world jumping thing
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 am Poor Gentoku. They all rejected the t-shirts he made for them. And I like that the one intended for Kazumi actually said potato (ぽてと) on it.
You must be mistaken. Gentoku has never lost anything. Nobody would reject his t-shirts because that would count as losing.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

has there BEEN an official teaser/trailer for Zi-O yet?

a little cheap in that they're postponing Grease's death for another ep. I was LMFAO at the BBQ scene, just when I think the comedy subplots can't get more absurd, they do.

wrap it up already, writers, you're making it cringeworthy soon.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

PS, this is why we don't trust "official" translations:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjuZJlwUwAIPIvl.jpg

Sadly they have since changed it to something less amusing
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

My magma gets fucked is the best catchphrase ever.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Look Luna, if the whole Gord Drive debacle didn't convince anyone that Bandai isn't always 100% correct and totally infallable, Kamen Rider Closes mugma knuckle fucking people won't.

I'm still saving this image for future shit posting though.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”