Lupin VS Pat 27 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 27 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.82 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Are you a Tooma or a Sakuya

Hey it's a comedy episode! It was entertaining enough. Tooma's the obvious straight man in these scenarios, and he plays the part well enough. The annoyance meter was a nice touch. They're a good combi... a comedy combi!

Sakuya's dumbness and zeal are in overdrive in this episode. It was fun to see him realize he wasted his money though.

But what exactly is the pussy style of martial arts anyway?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 27 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

“Dance is also a form of martial arts. It’s a combat showdown!”
-Kouhei Takeda’s and Mitsuomi Takahashi’s Dorm 1 characters, Hana Kimi 2007.

That Charlie's Angel pose is unbearable. HELL NO.

Good to know that Tooma can’t be that stoic all the time. It's great to see more embarrassing moments of him!

Sakuya, so you wanna be the Sempai to someone because you're still a kouhai for your team. Good on you in that you got a stoic phantom thief to notice you.

Ordering a Ganglar to get the GSPO precinct blown up via a hypnotized Sakuya seems normal, though it could be that Dogranio took Raimon's death so damn hard that he's planning a large-ass counterattack. Yeah, he's no longer interested in both teams being around after Raimon got iced.

So who's Zonic Lee? Is that MOTW in another Youtube-released video??

The Collection Piece of the Week is Dragonranger's Zyusouken from Zyuranger. No wonder the MOTW was able to manipulate both Tooma and Sakuya.

Filler-ish but a good episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This episode was surreal. As I was watching it I wasn't sure if I was having some strange fever dream.

The best part of the episode is the end, where the other Lupins make fun of Blue. It goes to show that despite their promise from episode one, they are growing closer as friends.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

"I feel like I shouldn't be watching this."
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Oh come on!! I ate a rotisserie chicken and bingewatched Brooklyn Nine Nine S03 to forget that Charlie's Angelboys picture.

I'm gonna need tequila from Katsuhiro Harada's fridge to forget the front page picture for this episode!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Best comedy episode yet LOL! :)

This is the first time i really liked Sakuya, the moment he started counting down, he seemed so energized, it's like, THIS is his calling, his destiny even, this is where he needs to be LOL!

Maybe it's just me but Sakuya's aerobics teaching or whatever that is, is really catchy :)

Tsukasa pointing out where Sakuya's report is hard to read, guess what?, it's all of it LOL!

Tooma's rollcall?, good God he has some pent up anger in there, and the iraira bar is so funny LOL!

Oh yeah and the dissing on the last part, Kairi isn't letting this one go, not by a longshot LOL!

Been hearing paisen a lot now (watching Black Clover, Asta calls Charmy paisen unlike his other sempais), i know it's not new or maybe i really didn't care back then, but is it really different from the normal sempai, is it a friendlier approach to sempai?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:25 amThe best part of the episode is the end, where the other Lupins make fun of Blue. It goes to show that despite their promise from episode one, they are growing closer as friends.
Oh yeah. It's weird because episode 1 places such emphasis on "We don't care about each other, we just want to accomplish the same goal." but they haven't really revisited that theme.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I enjoy that it happened kind of organically, rather than have the episode where they have to emphasise that they do care about each other.

Or I'm giving the writer too much credit.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, I don't think the story suffers from not having it, it just seemed weird to establish it and not really mention it again. I think it's come up like twice in throwaway lined since then?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

"Your best friends are the ones who make fun of you the most"
-me (and maybe someone else. Who knows...)

I can't believe Tooma actually gave into calling him sempai. He just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would give in so easily.
This Week's Lupin Collection
  • Name: Le contrôle/Control, taken from the song "Control" by Janet Jackson
  • Power: Mind control.
  • Tribute: It resembles the Zyusouken, personal weapon of DragonRanger/Burai, from Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger.

Image Image
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i think Touma calling Sakuya Sempai was just to get the info he wanted. i found the irritation guage very amusing. in fact for being a Touma episode it was quite funny. though it was a pairing spotlight episode so it makes sense too. was nice to see someone else sit in the middle and summon the auxiliary mecha for a change.

QUESTIONS:
Do blue and pink VS macines always have to be the right arm? likewise Green and yellow being left arms?
why havent the police used the crane for a Keisatsu boost?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

A Blue and Green buddy episode was bound to happen before the series ended, especially with their diametrically opposed personalities. This episode in turn went completely over the top with it, which is really the only proper way to handle those characters. Anything less than that wouldn't be using the scenario to its full potential.

Still, I have no idea what I just watched. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That pic is pretty memeable.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

You should add it to the forums as an emoticon or something.:P
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

resop2 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:04 am "I feel like I shouldn't be watching this."
I nope'd the fuck out about 10 min in. I'll go back in a couple of days. NO rush to finish this ep.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”